SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BOSTON U - Saturday

AZSIOUX

BU brought three student writers and they had a chat and you guys might be interested in knowing that the writers thought highly of UND's team.

7:40 spacer.gif

Kevin (BHB):

One thing I don't think we talked about enough last night is the skill level on North Dakota's defense. All six players were drafted, and Mattson, Forbort and Schmaltz are all nationally recognized as some of the top American-born defensmen in the country for their age. There is lots of size back there as well.

7:53 spacer.gif

[Comment From Ralph B.Ralph B.: ] Who is better, BC or ND? I think ND has better D men.

7:57 spacer.gif

Kevin (BHB): I think North Dakota looks better on paper to me. BC is ranked higher and has a lot of talent, but from what I saw last night and the reputations behind the North Dakota players, I think UND could be better than BC this year.

I thought highly of BU blocking shots. They're young, they run a round a bit, but when it comes to getting in front of a puck and not allowing it to get to your goaltender.....wow.

I think they're in the NCAA's this year.

They looked better this past weekend IMO than the BU squad I watched play the Gpohers at the X during last year's regional.

I thought highly of BU blocking shots. They're young, they run a round a bit, but when it comes to getting in front of a puck and not allowing it to get to your goaltender.....wow.

I think they're in the NCAA's this year.

There are a number of BU players that have to be sporting black and blue bruises this week for some of the shots that were blocked.

Odd situation but what a idiot. Should be suspended for a while.

Per brads blog

A UND student with a large welt on his forehand said that Privitera hit him in the head with his stick Friday night when leaving the penalty box at the end of the second period. The student section boo’d Privitera every time he touched the puck the rest of the night.