SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. UAA

AZSIOUX

I think Anchorage rope-a-doped us last weekend, trying to get UND to think this weekend will be easy. Seriously,if they are playing their slowdown game, they could be in the games and with a great goaltending effort, who knows. I'm hoping this years squad has a take no prisoners attitude right from the start, and keep their foot down on the pedal should they get an early lead.

It's an interesting thought, but I just don't think anyone plays rope-a-dope to start the season. Teams are too busy trying to build momentum and find their identity to be messing around like that - especially a team like AA who really doesn't have the horses to rope anyone.

My guess of what lines may look like tonight

Kristo-Knight-Grimaldi

MacMillian-Rowney-O'Donnell

St.Clair-Gaarder-Rodwell

Chyzyk-Pattyn-Caggiula

Forbort-MacWilliam

Mattson-Schmaltz

Simpson-Gleason

Gothberg

Saunders

Maris

Agree with your 1st and 2nd forward lines.

Pattyn will center St. Clair and Rodwell.

Gaarder moves down to center the 4th line. That is not your normal college 4th line. Gaarder is a poor man's Oshie. Chyzyk is better than I anticipated and Caggiula has some nasty to him.

It's an interesting thought, but I just don't think anyone plays rope-a-dope to start the season. Teams are too busy trying to build momentum and find their identity to be messing around like that - especially a team like AA who really doesn't have the horses to rope anyone.

That's why I wrote "Seriously" to begin the next sentence. I was trying to make the point that others have, that we didn't get Anchorage's best effort, and we better be ready for a different team, or at least one that sticks to what they do best.

That's why I wrote "Seriously" to begin the next sentence. I was trying to make the point that others have, that we didn't get Anchorage's best effort, and we better be ready for a different team, or at least one that sticks to what they do best.

Gotcha. From listening to the press conferences, it's apparent Hak feels AA played a poor game last Friday. Hopefully the message is conveyed to the young men this weekend.