SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 6 EWU

geaux_sioux

Just an observation..............

Hanson is much more conservative with the ball than Hendrickson. He doesn't look downfield to often. Lots of short passes and bubble screens, almost a form of a running game.

They've called a lot of bubble screens since he has been in. Gives him confidence in completing short passes. Also brings the corners up to the line so the WRs can burn them deep.

wouldn't the red turf be more effective for EWU if they were wearing red jerseys

UC Davis just tied it up with MSU

Having been on the field at Boise while they wear blue, you really don't notice it. It's a lot more difficult for cameras and fans but on the field you don't look at the ground all that often.

Just an observation..............

Hanson is much more conservative with the ball than Hendrickson. He doesn't look downfield to often. Lots of short passes and bubble screens, almost a form of a running game.

And to me that is the biggest change in the last 1 1/2 games. The first 4 games Henrickson was able to chuck up the deep ball and our receivers used their skills to come down with it. We were gaining yards in huge chunks which led to the high scores. Against Cal Poly and from what I've seen tonight, the opposing D is focusing on stopping the deep ball and when we do get a guy open, Hendrickson either overthrows him or we drop the ball. Hanson leads a more methodical drive which will chew up clock and should be more effective as the D is playing the deep ball.

I think its pretty obvious to see the Hendrickson performed above his abilities earlier this year (and thank goodness for that). But Hanson should have control from here on out...