SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Just come off it Darell. There isn't one Bison fan on earth that ACTUALLY believes NDSU could beat Alabama.

The "We want 'bama" signs are just as much of a joke as if Alabama fans say they think they could compete with NFL teams. It's fun to say, but nobody actually believes it.

I am sure there are some Bison fans that think they can go toe to toe with Bama. Could it happen who knows. People didn't think App St could beat Michigan. Just like people didn't think we could beat Montana.

I am sure there are some Bison fans that think they can go toe to toe with Bama. Could it happen who knows. People didn't think App St could beat Michigan. Just like people didn't think we could beat Montana.

I predicted you guys would beat Montana last year. Why do you continue to thump your chest about that win? Montana wasn't even a playoff team last year.

I predicted you guys would beat Montana last year. Why do you continue to thump your chest about that win? Montana wasn't even a playoff team last year.

Because it was a big win, UND was still in a conference battle with still a month and a half of football to be played. And the question from Johnboy was what is UND's record against the FBS and I said about the same as South Dakota State...zero FBS wins. But of course I never hear you guys on any boards throw that or their DIII loss to Wisconsin-Lacrosse in their face. By the way what DII team is SU hosting for their 11th game? Minot, Moorhead, or Mary?

Because it was a big win, UND was still in a conference battle with still a month and a half of football to be played. And the question from Johnboy was what is UND's record against the FBS and I said about the same as South Dakota State...zero FBS wins. But of course I never hear you guys on any boards throw that or their DIII loss to Wisconsin-Lacrosse in their face. By the way what DII team is SU hosting for their 11th game? Minot, Moorhead, or Mary?

I have very little interest in who NDSU plays in September. Who they play in *January is what interests me.

*This is a reference to National Championship football, I felt the need to point that out because being a UND fan you little experience with such things.

I have very little interest in who NDSU plays in September. Who they play in *January is what interests me.

*This is a reference to National Championship football, I felt the need to point that out because being a UND fan you little experience with such things.

This from a fan who watched UND play in two NC games while experiencing a 20 year drought before bolting to the FCS. Don't worry your time at the top will be short lived.

This from a fan who watched UND play in two NC games while experiencing a 20 year drought before bolting to the FCS. Don't worry your time at the top will be short lived.

Really?

You realize if NDSU pulls off the 3-peat this year, they will probably be considered the best FCS team of all time(arguable, App St. 2005-2007).

They've already accomplished just as much as the venerable University of Montana and NDSU has had far fewer years to do it.

Also, great job. You've played in as many NC in the history of your program as NDSU has played in in the last 18 months.

Really?

You realize if NDSU pulls off the 3-peat this year, they will probably be considered the best FCS team of all time(arguable, App St. 2005-2007).

They've already accomplished just as much as the venerable University of Montana and NDSU has had far fewer years to do it.

And if they don't 3 peat, and go into a title drought like the 90's? They could be another Montana, EWU, and W. Kentucky. Don't be thumping your chest on our board you have BV for that.

And if they don't 3 peat, and go into a title drought like the 90's? They could be another Montana, EWU, and W. Kentucky. Don't be thumping your chest on our board you have BV for that.

:)

Darell I find you quite entertaining. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

You start the cheap shots, I return volley and you call foul. Funny stuff.

Cheap shots?

UND fans and NDSU fans are like an old married couple. They know exactly which buttons to push and which talking points to bring out to "zing" the other guy. I think in the last page or so we about covered them all.

UND fans and NDSU fans are like an old married couple. They know exactly which buttons to push and which talking points to bring out to "zing" the other guy. I think in the last page or so we about covered them all.

Yeah pretty much, but importantly...no personal attacks or threats. People disagree and be civil not disagree and act like 2 year old brats. It's been fun. :)

This is what I meant by cheap shot/talking point. Whatever you'd like to call it. This sentence was designed to get under my skin. I thought I would return the favor.

Yeah pretty much, but importantly...no personal attacks or threats. People disagree and be civil not disagree and act like 2 year old brats. It's been fun. :)

Agreed, I don't take this stuff too seriously...most of the time.

This is what I meant by cheap shot/talking point. Whatever you'd like to call it. This sentence was designed to get under my skin. I thought I would return the favor.

In a way it was but the NCAA told GT you should have 11 games and Taylor has said he would get a DII team at home and a possible FCS team on the road for 12 games. So it was a fair question ;)

In a way it was but the NCAA told GT you should have 11 games and Taylor has said he would get a DII team at home and a possible FCS team on the road for 12 games. So it was a fair question ;)

Well, if it was an honest question then I'll answer it. I am not too worried about it for this upcoming year. Maybe I am being overconfident, but I don't think we'll need the extra D-I win to make the playoffs. Just a prediction and it may come back to burn me and NDSU, but that's how I feel about it.

Many other NDSU fans disagree with me, but because this season and last have been a cluster to fill our schedule, I am actually a proponent of getting UND on the schedule every once in a while. Especially now that you guys are playoff eligible and on completely equal footing.

Well, if it was an honest question then I'll answer it. I am not too worried about it for this upcoming year. Maybe I am being overconfident, but I don't think we'll need the extra D-I win to make the playoffs. Just a prediction and it may come back to burn me and NDSU, but that's how I feel about it.

Many other NDSU fans disagree with me, but because this season and last have been a cluster to fill our schedule, I am actually a proponent of getting UND on the schedule every once in a while. Especially now that you guys are playoff eligible and on completely equal footing.

Buyouts suck and I would like to see them banned if its beyond a certain date. UND has had 2 since our move up (Idaho St and Central Arkansas) so we know what it's like. With an expanded playoff I think SU would have to totally tank the season to miss it completely.

Since its not an election year, guess there's no worry about petition problems wiping out half the starters, especially with ND's tougher new laws. Summer is always hell for Bison fans, as there's no telling what players randomly pop up in the police scanners. Isn't someone on Bisonville always monitoring the scanners?

Since its not an election year, guess there's no worry about petition problems wiping out half the starters, especially with ND's tougher new laws. Summer is always hell for Bison fans, as there's no telling what players randomly pop up in the police blotters.

Fotunately, all us Bison fans care about is winning games. As long as they are able to get out of jail on work release for games, I'm fine with them having a fun summer

The record is the same as South Dakota State.

Glad you are content being compared with a school who has had something like 4 playoff games in their history.

No. No one honestly believes that. If they do though, they'd be in an extreme minority. App State caught Michigan off guard. It was awesome. Oregon also beat Michigan by 30 the following week.

I don't know why anyone would have thought leading up to that Montana game that UND couldn't win. Montana was garbage last year.

Let's get this thread back on topic:

Three of the 15 people who pleaded guilty to petition fraud charges in Cass County last fall – all three of them former North Dakota State University football players – failed to complete the community service required by their probation agreements, authorities allege in court records.A fourth ex-player among the group of defendants – which at the time the charges were filed in September included 10 current Bison football players and three former players – was accused of checking in for his required community service jobs and then ditching out, once when he was supposed to be filling sandbags in Fargo.

So after spending at least 4 years "studying" at FU these four "forever bison" chose to walk away from their responsibilities and throw their school, team and coach under the bus - which is what they did by making this a public issue once again. Wonder if there will be an asterisk by their name in the FU champions room.

• Upvote 3