SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Right next to the hundreads of threads about UND on Bisonville. It makes me really really happy that you took the time to go count them though. Nice job Lakes. And by the way read the post. Never said you started all the Bison threads just the same amount for both schools. Now go waste antoher hour counting them. :)

You said I start as many NDSU threads as UND threads and I proved you wrong since I didn't start over 100 NDSU threads. I think you are Lakes just with another one of his many usernames.

Eight bison football player charged . . . . down the field and kicked the snot out of Colorado State. That is all that matters until the legal process plays out. Your witch hunt is over, the legal system will take care of it. Isn't there anything else interesting with und sports to talk about here?

Eight bison football player charged . . . . down the field and kicked the snot out of Colorado State. That is all that matters until the legal process plays out. Your witch hunt is over, the legal system will take care of it. Isn't there anything else interesting with und sports to talk about here?

Of course there is too bad you only found the Community Forum. Try posting on UND sports threads there is hockey, football, basketball. Hey whatever UND sport you are interested in go for it. I mean you are interested in UND sports thats why you are here...right?

CHRIST ALMIGHTY GUYS!!!! We've spent 54 pages talking about NDSU! What is wrong with you people? Who cares what they did or didn't do? They are not in our conference or relevant to anything UND is doing, stop giving Bville trolls an excuse to stink up our board with their stupid comments. Time to move on to bigger and better topics.

• Upvote 1

CHRIST ALMIGHTY GUYS!!!! We've spent 54 pages talking about NDSU! What is wrong with you people? Who cares what they did or didn't do? They are not in our conference or relevant to anything UND is doing, stop giving Bville trolls an excuse to stink up our board with their stupid comments. Time to move on to bigger and better topics.

Community

Topics of interest at UND, in Grand Forks, and in North Dakota. No politics, please.

If you don't like it tell the Mods to delete the ND part of it and we will keep topics of UND, and Grand Forks only.

Actually it's 10 players rather than 8 that are charged with a class A misdemeanor of voter fraud. I know that it can be difficult to keep track of the Bison football players having trouble with the law. The legal process is only 1 part of the story. There is the student code of conduct part of the story. And there are the potential penalties that can be applied by the co-curricular activity, also known as football. The penalties imposed by the co-curricular activity are the main interest here, since the legal system is separate and will be very visible to the public. After all, there have been many examples of football players being suspended for lesser crimes. People are interested to see if the head coach and AD have any integrity or whether they are going to let the crimes slide because they don't believe the crimes are serious. But thanks for posting in the thread and keeping the discussion going so that we can let everyone about the issues.

This is a legal issue that affects the entire state of North Dakota. The election process is important to some of us, sorry it isn't important to you. If you don't want to read about it, don't. This one isn't going away until the final determinations are made.
  • Upvote 3

This is a legal issue that affects the entire state of North Dakota. The election process is important to some of us, sorry it isn't important to you. If you don't want to read about it, don't. This one isn't going away until the final determinations are made.

Brother, it's not that it's not important to me, it's that I can't believe so much time and energy has been spent on it on Sioux Sports.

Colorado State will probably build that 42,000 seat stadium. They have a shot at moving into a BCS conference. Maybe the Big 12.

That game was a little bump in the road on the way. If NDSU had any guts, they'd play them in three or four years. But, NDSU won't. They're too busy cherry picking weak FBS opponents and picking up criminals to play them. CSU won the morale high ground in that game. Plus, their players can put CSU on their resumes.

Before that game, nobody in Fort Collins heard of NDSU. Two weeks after, they may remember, but they won't care. After all, CSU has had the huevos to play at the highest level of college football for over 100 years. Plus, they kept their integrity.

NDSU has none.

Oh, I forgot...you have Lakes. Oh, what a proud representative of NDSU he displayed himself to be in Fort Collins! :lol:

Brother, it's not that it's not important to me, it's that I can't believe so much time and energy has been spent on it on Sioux Sports.

It's the Community forum. There is plenty of room to talk about UND and other sports on other threads. And this thread probably wouldn't be nearly as long if the trolls from down south hadn't tried to push their agenda, repeatedly. They would take over if they were allowed. Someone needs to refute the half-truths and no-truths they try to spread. Considering they are the top athletic program in the country, in their minds, it's a wonder they have time to waste over here. And it's interesting that they don't see that they are a large part of the reason that the thread continues to grow.
  • Upvote 1

Colorado State will probably build that 42,000 seat stadium. They have a shot at moving into a BCS conference. Maybe the Big 12.

That game was a little bump in the road on the way. If NDSU had any guts, they'd play them in three or four years. But, NDSU won't. They're too busy cherry picking weak FBS opponents and picking up criminals to play them. CSU won the morale high ground in that game. Plus, their players can put CSU on their resumes.

Before that game, nobody in Fort Collins heard of NDSU. Two weeks after, they may remember, but they won't care. After all, CSU has had the huevos to play at the highest level of college football for over 100 years. Plus, they kept their integrity.

NDSU has none.

Oh, I forgot...you have Lakes. Oh, what a proud representative of NDSU he displayed himself to be in Fort Collins! :lol:

The eggs?

Well folks, it's been good fishing.

I found out that nothing has changed in Sioux country. You have a first-class hockey program to be proud of, and you're envious as hell of North Dakota State's football dynasty. Because you can't have it, you would like to burn it down. It's been over 50 years of it now. The theme never changes. I thought that perhaps ya'll had evolved. I was wrong.

Looks like UND has a good offensive team. Someday we'll meet on the field again. Too bad that UND canceled all sports. It was kind of a shame actually. But still, very UND-like. Wasn't it nice of us to create a conference for you to land in when you moved up? And ya'll said that you would have a conference before you moved up. Well, not exactly, and once you found the conference it was the one that we helped to create. UND should be grateful. But that's not the UND way. The world revolves around UND in the minds of its fans.

How does North Dakota State's transition look now folks? Is it a disaster, like you predicted. :whistling:

The Bison have 9 national championships and 3 or 4 second place finishes. And you have 7 in hockey. I'm proud of the North Dakota Hockey dynasty, and I don't want NDSU to try and duplicate the program. Are you guys proud of the Bison dynasty? :D

Molden: you must be that loser music teacher from Mayville in California who posts all kinds of absurd crap on Bisonville. You come here lecturing about 8 bison players being charged, when there are actually 10! What a loser lecturer who doesn't even know the basic facts!! No wonder California education is in the crapper. Maybe you could apply to be Bresciani' right hand man. Wiping his a** would be a worthy job for you, as you have plenty experience on these boards.

You said I start as many NDSU threads as UND threads and I proved you wrong since I didn't start over 100 NDSU threads. I think you are Lakes just with another one of his many usernames.

If you don't care about NDSU and have moved on why start any threads at all? Ya I'm Lakes and I'm comparing you to myself. Don't think so.

Question for you? What's more exciting for you, the fact that NDSU fans think you're the Lakes of UND or the fact that you beat Dave K out for the title? :)

That wouldn't recieve any attention on this site if it didn't involve NDSU. Your kidding youself if you think otherwise. Synthetic drugs are a legal problem that effect the entire state of ND and I haven't heard anyone discuss it on here. Why? Because you haven't moved on.

Inferiority complex, often used to mean low self-esteem, is a feeling of intense insecurity. An inferiority complex can be seen in negative or "useless" reactions. These reactions only serve to guard one's self-esteem. It is often seen as comparing individuals or groups as one being superior to another, it more closely describes how one deals with a fear of failure.

- team wins national championship, player says "Sioux Suck" at national championship pep rally (ever heard an Alabama player do that?)

- fans cheer "Sioux Suck" at national champions pep rally (See above)

- fans cheer "Sioux Suck" at games not involving UND (never happened at UND)

- fans frequent UND chat rooms and continually try to point out how NDSU is better than UND (yawn...)

- fans frequent other teams chat rooms with intent to put down UND (it ain't just Lakes)

- fans constantly compare their school to UND, looking for any little statistic that will make their school look superior to UND (see annual attendance threads)

- fans can't wait to comment on perceived UND shortfallings (watch thise week and be amazed)

- school has a president that morgages the university's future and its integrity in an effort to build attendance, again because of comparisons to UND (then leaves for Colorado)

- fans feel the need to discount UND's hockey team accomplishments (perpetual)

- fans feel the need to revise history in an attempt to show superiority (It was UND that ended the rivalry, you folllowed us...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You nailed it right on the mark.

If you don't care about NDSU and have moved on why start any threads at all? Ya I'm Lakes and I'm comparing you to myself. Don't think so.

Question for you? What's more exciting for you, the fact that NDSU fans think you're the Lakes of UND or the fact that you beat Dave K out for the title? :)

Tell you what Jheria...go on to Bisonville and post a thread asking that question only about UND. Why is there so many threads about UND and Grand Forks. Its like something happens in the northern valley and boom its on BVille. A columnist gets national recognition about the Olive Garden there is hundreds of posts on it at BVille, same with the 1000+ posts on the Sioux nickname. I don't care if you think I am the Lakes of UND. Except I don't threaten people online, wish UND would be in the FBS now, and get arrested for threatening public officals. Gee I guess I have a lot of work to do to be the Lakes of UND.

That wouldn't recieve any attention on this site if it didn't involve NDSU. Your kidding youself if you think otherwise. Synthetic drugs are a legal problem that effect the entire state of ND and I haven't heard anyone discuss it on here. Why? Because you haven't moved on.

I'm pretty sure that everyone that has been arrested for synthetic drugs is being punished through the proper channels. If they are being punished, then there is no outrage about them not being punished. Can you follow that?

Part of the reason this thread has had legs is because the football players were not punished in a manner that is consistent with past punishments handed out at NDSU. Next, your coach and AD minimized the severity of the crime multiple times, and Mr. Taylor said that no one would be suspended because the players had suffered enough. Again he was minimizing the crime and also trying to make criminals into victims. Remember that? Then the President of your fine school, which many of us pay taxes to support, issues not 1, not 2, but 3 clarifications about how the players are going to be treated, in the same week. And finally, this thread continues to grow because moronic Bvillers keep coming over and trying to tell members of this board that it is over, it isn't a big deal, it isn't important, we shouldn't be talking about it, etc. Do you really think that helps your cause? It doesn't.

Yes, part of this discussion is because the players charged with a crime are from NDSU. But, if the situation had been handled well, it wouldn't have been discussed nearly as long. If you and your friends didn't spend so much time trying to "educate" UND fans, it wouldn't have been discussed nearly as long. If 10 current and 3 former football players hadn't forged signatures on petitions and interfered with the election process in the state of North Dakota, it wouldn't have been discussed at all. So try correcting things happening on campus in Fargo rather than annoying us here on this forum.

1. They did knowingly forge signatures on official state documents. They made the decision to open phone books and other sources and copy names, addresses and phone numbers. It was not a mistake. They did it on purpose.

2. They signed an affidavide stating that they gathered signatures from people, witnessed the signing and that the signatures were legitimate. Unless they can't read they signed this statement knowing it was not true.

3. They accepted payment for gathering signatures and when they accepted the money they knew they had not done what they were being paid for.

4. When confronted by goverment officials they refused to sign a follow-up affidavide stating they gathered signatures in a proper manner.

5. They admitted they committed this fraud. One of them admitting that 100% of his actions were fraudulent.

6. As a direct result of their forgery two state-wide measures were unable to meet the crieteria for making the ballot and allowing the citizens of North Dakota to vote on these two issues.

These are not only issues of law, they are issues of integrity and honesty. What of the above can be deemed untrue or dismissable because "they were not properly informed", or "the company was using a payment format that could be deemed unlawfull (still under debate)"? Regardless of these issue they still committed fraud and forgery.

How is this an issue of UND fans being jealous of the NDSU football team?

• Upvote 1

1. They did knowingly forge signatures on official state documents. They made the decision to open phone books and other sources and copy names, addresses and phone numbers. It was not a mistake. They did it on purpose.

2. They signed an affidavide stating that they gathered signatures from people, witnessed the signing and that the signatures were legitimate. Unless they can't read they signed this statement knowing it was not true.

3. They accepted payment for gathering signatures and when they accepted the money they knew they had not done what they were being paid for.

4. When confronted by goverment officials they refused to sign a follow-up affidavide stating they gathered signatures in a proper manner.

5. They admitted they committed this fraud. One of them admitting that 100% of his actions were fraudulent.

6. As a direct result of their forgery two state-wide measures were unable to meet the crieteria for making the ballot and allowing the citizens of North Dakota to vote on these two issues.

These are not only issues of law, they are issues of integrity and honesty. What of the above can be deemed untrue or dismissable because "they were not properly informed", or "the company was using a payment format that could be deemed unlawfull (still under debate)"? Regardless of these issue they still committed fraud and forgery.

How is this an issue of UND fans being jealous of the NDSU football team?

All of these are legit points. I still don't think these kids really understood the ramifications though. They just thought they were scamming their employer. But they should be punished for what they did harshly. There is no way to defend their actions considering, as many here have pointed out so well, have affected all the citizens of North Dakota with their selfish actions. They should be kicked off the team and scholarships revoked. And yes if it had been hockey players I really do not think anyone here would defend them like NDSU has defended their players.