SiouxSports.com Forum

Another Transfer ???

UND Fan

A couple of different sites has a small forward from Houston Baptist transferring to UND. Dustin Hobaugh, 6'4", 190 from League City, TX, played as a true freshman this past season. He averaged 4 PPG and 2.5 RPG while playing an average of 15 minutes.

This certainly could be a misprint - anyone know anything about this?

http://www.hbuhuskie...857&path=mbball

The only thing that I don't understand is that he is from Texas, playing for a Texas school that will be joining a Texas-based league. Why would he be coming to UND? Either way, welcome to Dustin.

Some kids want to get away from home for a variety of weekends. Maybe he saw something he liked when they played UND.

One of the best reasons to come from Texas to UND.

Aviation is a great reason to come to UND, but his basketball numbers do not look very good. We dont have any scholarships for next year, unless someone else is leaving the program we dont know about and we will only have 3 scholarships available the following year and I dont see him playing much at all that year either. His numbers last year were 32% fg and only 20% from 3 and 67% from the line and only 8 assists and 18 turnovers. He was 10th in minutes on a team that was not very good, winning only 10 games. I would hope one of our 3 scholarships after next year would go to somebody better. Maybe he will just be a 2 year walk-on. Maybe he will turn out fine and I hope I am wrong but now being in the Big Sky we need to build and recruit players better than what we got and I dont see this with him. He scored 2 pts against us in 2 games.

Aviation is a great reason to come to UND, but his basketball numbers do not look very good. We dont have any scholarships for next year, unless someone else is leaving the program we dont know about and we will only have 3 scholarships available the following year and I dont see him playing much at all that year either. His numbers last year were 32% fg and only 20% from 3 and 67% from the line and only 8 assists and 18 turnovers. He was 10th in minutes on a team that was not very good, winning only 10 games. I would hope one of our 3 scholarships after next year would go to somebody better. Maybe he will just be a 2 year walk-on. Maybe he will turn out fine and I hope I am wrong but now being in the Big Sky we need to build and recruit players better than what we got and I dont see this with him. He scored 2 pts against us in 2 games.

Well he's got most of the team beat on this one! Put him in at the end of games when the other team is fouling!! ;)

I agree with all of your points. I am sure that he wasn't offered any scholarship $ but was told that some might be available down the line if he "earns" it. Who knows, he may make good strides in his having a year off to mature/improve - he may be a contributor down the line.