SiouxSports.com Forum

national championship

Smoggy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we played our best game of the season. Our defense stepped up to the challenge, but it took our offense a while. We made a great run and can't hang our heads. I truly believe that one play made the difference. If GVSU doesn't return that fumble for a td...

Congrats Sioux on one heck of a season.

Congrats on a great season Sioux. Gutsy performance today. I thought we had enough magic to pull out that last drive. Great coaching adjustments at half. Not that it would have made a difference but I thought that facemask penalty was weak. Tough camera angle but it sure didn't look like he got much of it.

Anyone know how many starters we lose for next year?

Congrats to GV. Worthy champs.

Sioux overacheived to make it to the championship this year, so I can't be too disappointed. Also, it came down to the last 20 seconds of the game, so it was defenitely not a one-sided affair.

If not for the unfortunate fumble, GVSU may not have gotten in the end zone either. Congrats, Sioux on a fun and exciting season.

Just got back from the game - and what a game! Congratulations to the Sioux on a great season. Don't think I've seen a better defensive struggle. Obviously the game hinged on one play (fumble and return). Don't know if it showed on TV (haven't watch the tape yet), but the hitting by both team was unbelievable. A GREAT Div II championship game!

I am extremely proud of the season the Sioux had and how they battled today. We are left to wonder what may have been had Bowenkamp not fumbled, and had we managed a field goal on that possesion. It would also certainly have been nice to have had Lueck, but I'm not going to go the route of some Grand Valley fans who whine about not having Anes two years ago. Injuries are part of football and you have to play with who you have available.

As for the future, with the realignment of regions, having home field for the playoffs is probably even bigger now. I would like our chances of beating Grand Valley at home, but probably not on the road so it makes going undefeated during the regular season almost a must. Not an easy task by any means. We need to remember that the defense returns almost intact, with Momerak and Stratton being the primary losses. If we can find a few new offensive linemen, and a deep threat to replace Lueck, we could have another great season next year. Anyway, great job this year, Sioux!

That was pretty much a one-play game. But, what a play it was. Nice rush by the Grand Valley D' to force the fumble and the long return yardage for the TD. Otherwise, not much else happened. A credit to both teams defense, but not for their offense.

No hanging heads here. Much congrats to GVSU for a back-to-back run, and a little pay-back for the Sioux heroics two years ago.

Now, on to hockey...

taz digs it

Congratulations to all the Sioux players and the coaching staff on a terrific and exciting season. I had my doubts about the team early in the season, but they showed that they indeed belonged in the championship game.