SiouxSports.com Forum

San Diego State

breakin face

I see now how the NCAA works. If a tribe, for some horrible reason, becomes extinct than the NCAA is ok with using the name. Got it.

Or they're big enough (read: kick up enough $$$ to the NC$$) and their states' politicians grab their cajones and bark at the NC$$, they can get off "the list" too. See Florida State and Utah.

http://home.freeuk.n...ton13/today.htm

I suppose since there is no Aztec Tribe in the United States then to the NCAA's eyes its okay for SDSU to use it.

Dude.....there are "people of Aztec descent" in Mexico, no tribe as we have with the Sioux! You know, I think this !@#$ with the NCAA is stupid too, but it is over. Sanctions are here. People like you that have never even attended UND don't get it. I guess they didn't teach you any native history at Aakers Business College...... :silly:

Dude.....there are "people of Aztec descent" in Mexico, no tribe as we have with the Sioux! You know, I think this !@#$ with the NCAA is stupid too, but it is over. Sanctions are here. People like you that have never even attended UND don't get it. I guess they didn't teach you any native history at Aakers Business College...... :silly:

Wyo,

I think some people, for whatever reason, think that the NCAA will change their collective minds if presented facts about their hypocrisy. That just won't happen.

Life isn't fair. People need to get over it.

http://home.freeuk.n...ton13/today.htm

I suppose since there is no Aztec Tribe in the United States then to the NCAA's eyes its okay for SDSU to use it.

It'd be pretty dang tough for there to be no one with any Aztec blood. Specially with all the raping and pillaging the Spanish were probably doing.