SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to MVFC??

darell1976

Per tweet from Dom Izzo

: Illinois State President says wants to move football program from #FCS to FBS, stadium just approved for 25 million dollar renovation

Which means there could be an opening for the MVFC...would UND be allowed to join? Or would they rather stay in the BSC. I know it would mess up our non-football sports but whats the odds of a MVFC/Summit League? Or is Kelley and Douple still at war of words.

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/bowman-goal-remains-to-move-isu-football-to-fbs/article_64ebd512-5ab2-11e1-adab-001871e3ce6c.html

Considerable acreage was covered Friday when ISU’s Board of Trustees approved a $25 million renovation of 50-year-old Hancock Stadium.

The entire east side stands will be torn down and replaced by a two-story structure with brick columns and glass walls with seating for approximately 7,500. That would bring the entire Hancock capacity to nearly 15,000.

In my honest opinion UND will want to stay in the BSC and should do real well there once the nickname issue is resolved.

MVFC is attractive for football (plus reuniting with the Dakota 3) but there would be no home for the other sports except the SL. Which IMO isn't so attractive.

Per tweet from Dom Izzo

Which means there could be an opening for the MVFC...would UND be allowed to join? Or would they rather stay in the BSC. I know it would mess up our non-football sports but whats the odds of a MVFC/Summit League? Or is Kelley and Douple still at war of words.

No. Not interested.

How about MVC for everything...That would be great!!!!

No it wouldn't. We are better off in the Big Sky. So would the other Dakota Schools in the long run, but time will tell.There is more flexibility there and we also need to be prepared to move FB up if the opportunity arises. If Montana goes, we should go. Not going to happen in the near future, but we can't get caught short like we did before. There are a lot of kids who like the idea of going to a smaller school in a smaller community and competing at the highest level. UND and NDSU need to be prepared to make that move if the opportunity arises.

• Upvote 2

No it wouldn't. We are better off in the Big Sky. So would the other Dakota Schools in the long run, but time will tell.There is more flexibility there and we also need to be prepared to move FB up if the opportunity arises. If Montana goes, we should go. Not going to happen in the near future, but we can't get caught short like we did before. There are a lot of kids who like the idea of going to a smaller school in a smaller community and competing at the highest level. UND and NDSU need to be prepared to make that move if the opportunity arises.

I say the MVC would be ideal because of baseball and a better basketball conference.

Very well put Ira. The best word is "prepared".

summit/mvfc

being in the big sky is, was and ever shall be stupid as hell. The summit has been improving lately across the board.

The Summit might be improving, but it's basically Great West Conference 2.0 ever school in the conference wants out. Isn't another team leaving? Besides the one that recently dropped down to D3 from the Summit.

summit/mvfc

being in the big sky is, was and ever shall be stupid as hell. The summit has been improving lately across the board.

UND would still be waiting for Doupley or whatever his name is to make up his mind about admittance. Resolving the name issue if it happens and joining the BSC likely was the best thing for UND since going D1. Time will tell, but the other 3 Dakota universities fit better there too if you look at their overall academic missions vs the Summit and MVFC schools.

summit/mvfc

The Summit was improving. They will be going the other direction shortly. They will be losing their best and signature team in Oral Roberts next year.

The Summit was improving. They will be going the other direction shortly. They will be losing their best and signature team in Oral Roberts next year.

even without oral roberts, it's a better league than the bsc imo. Oral roberts has been pretty good for a long time, it's the other teams that were improving.

4 former ncc teams there, UND would make 5.

UND would still be waiting for Doupley or whatever his name is to make up his mind about admittance. Resolving the name issue if it happens and joining the BSC likely was the best thing for UND since going D1. Time will tell, but the other 3 Dakota universities fit better there too if you look at their overall academic missions vs the Summit and MVFC schools.
I would love to see the logic behind all three dakota schools joining a conference on the other side of the continental divide. NDSU/USD/SDSU are as good or better than any schools in the BSC, except Cal Poly and UC Davis, and they are football only.

It's not like we are talking about the big10 here. Almost all of these conferences are mediocre academically.

even without oral roberts, it's a better league than the bsc imo. Oral roberts has been pretty good for a long time, it's the other teams that were improving.

4 former ncc teams there, UND would make 5.

I would love to see the logic behind all three dakota schools joining a conference on the other side of the continental divide. NDSU/USD/SDSU are as good or better than any schools in the BSC, except Cal Poly and UC Davis, and they are football only.

It's not like we are talking about the big10 here. Almost all of these conferences are mediocre academically.

Yeah, when I think of where I want my grandkids to go to college I think about Western Illinois, UNI, IUPUI, UPFW, SIU, Illinois State and Indiana State first right out of the box. I would much prefer any one of the 4 Dakota schools to these high rollers. I have hired grads from the 4 Dakota schools, Montana and Montana State, but would not even think of recruiting the rest of the Summit. But you are right, the travel and distance is an issue.

Yeah, when I think of where I want my grandkids to go to college I think about Western Illinois, UNI, IUPUI, UPFW, SIU, Illinois State and Indiana State first right out of the box. I would much prefer any one of the 4 Dakota schools to these high rollers. I have hired grads from the 4 Dakota schools, Montana and Montana State, but would not even think of recruiting the rest of the Summit. But you are right, the travel and distance is an issue.

how is that any different from the legion of directional schools in the BSC? Portland state, weber, ewu, suu, nau, unc, sac st, idaho st? I'd take the midwest schools.

to be honest though the only schools worth a damn in either conference are cal poly and UC davis (#38 in the admittedly crap usnwr rankings), who are leagues above the rest, and those are football only schools.

trolled through the usnwr rankings

uc davis: 38 (big west)

ill st 160 (mvc)

UND 164 (BSC)

siu 170 (mvc)

ndsu 181 (summit)

umkc 181 (summit)

MSU 190 (BSC)

SDSU 194 (summit)

Montana 194 (BSC)

USD 194 (summit)

indiana state, idaho state, IUPUI, NAU, oakland, PSU, UNO, UNC are 'unpublished' and ranked below 200.

as far and football conference goes, I think things are pretty even with UND in the BSC.

for general sports i think things lean a bit summit with UND in the BSC.

with UND in the summit and mwfc, I think the summit /mvfc would win hands down, even with uc davis.