SiouxSports.com Forum

Dog signs

YaneA

I'm sure CoteauRinkRat will forgive my starting a duplicate thread...

Here are the ideas I have for signs for the Duluth series. Your comments, as always, are requested, as are additional ideas. Since 'Tis the Season, you'll see a holiday theme dominates.

1. [santa in Duluth colors as goalie] Five Ho-Ho-Holed

2. Scrooge Duluth

3. [penalty box] Only 12 Slashing Days 'Til Christmas

4. [illustrated with ribbon & bow] Wrap 'em up, Sioux

5. R-Zach Beats I-saac

6. [penalty box--pic of Santa with his lists, which are labelled:] "Naughty." "Nice." "Chippy." [candidates for the respective lists?]

7. [not exactly "The Twelve Days of Christmas" but...] Four lines a-rolling;Three forwards scoring; Two D-men hitting and J. Parise as the goalie

8. [To our Goalies] Merry Crease-mas

9. [Not sure I've got the spelling right--French majors, correct me but...] Joyeux Goal

10. 'Tis the Season to Beat the Goalie

11. [illustrated with boughs of holly] Deck the Dogs

12. Season's Beatings

13. [after Caig has be tapped, wrapped and hung out to dry] T.S. for T.J. !

14. [illustrated with mistletoe] Merry Kiss This!

15. [penalty box] Not the Brightest Bulb on the Tree

16. [penalty box thought bubble] That Swan Lake Barbie is Hot!

17. [santa in referee stripes, to tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town] "He sees you when you're slashing; he knows your fall's a fake..."

18. [to our beloved refs, who are doing the best they can] We Asked for 3 Wise Men; they sent us 3 WISE GUYS

19. The Matt Pack: Serving Up a Heapin' Helping of MACHOS Navidad [quien es mas macho: Matt, Matt or Matt?]

20. Sleigh the Dogs

21. [illustrated with stockings in Duluth colors] Knock Their Stockings Off

22. Hang 'em Up By the Blueline With Care

23. [penalty box, see #17] You Better Not Pout.

24. [illustrated with pic of who? maybe both with Sioux goalie] Dog Catcher. Dog Blocker.

25. [penalty box; divided poster] Cinn-a-bon [arrow pointing to pic of carb-laden treat]. Sin-a-bin [arrow pointing down to penalty box]

1.  [santa in Duluth colors as goalie] Five Ho-Ho-Holed

2.  Scrooge Duluth

3. [penalty box] Only 12 Slashing Days 'Til Christmas

4. [illustrated with ribbon & bow] Wrap 'em up, Sioux

5. R-Zach Beats I-saac

6. [penalty box--pic of Santa with his lists,  which are labelled:] "Naughty."  "Nice."  "Chippy."  [candidates for the respective lists?]

7. [not exactly "The Twelve Days of Christmas"  but...]  Four lines a-rolling;Three forwards scoring; Two D-men hitting and J. Parise as the goalie

8. [To our Goalies]  Merry Crease-mas

9.  [Not sure I've got the spelling right--French majors, correct me but...] Joyeux Goal

10. 'Tis the Season to Beat the Goalie

11. [illustrated with boughs of holly] Deck the Dogs

12.  Season's Beatings

13.  [after Caig has be tapped, wrapped and hung out to dry]  T.S. for T.J. !

14.  [illustrated with mistletoe]  Merry Kiss This!

15. [penalty box] Not the Brightest Bulb on the Tree

16. [penalty box thought bubble]  That Swan Lake Barbie is Hot!

17. [santa in referee stripes, to tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town] "He sees you when you're slashing; he knows your fall's a fake..."

18.  [to our beloved refs, who are doing the best they can]  We Asked for 3 Wise Men; they sent us 3 WISE GUYS

19.  The Matt Pack:  Serving Up a Heapin' Helping of MACHOS Navidad [quien es mas macho: Matt, Matt or Matt?]

20.  Sleigh the Dogs

21. [illustrated with stockings in Duluth colors]  Knock Their Stockings Off

22.  Hang 'em Up By the Blueline With Care

23. [penalty box, see #17] You Better Not Pout.

24. [illustrated with pic of who?  maybe both with Sioux goalie] Dog Catcher.  Dog Blocker.

25.  [penalty box; divided poster]  Cinn-a-bon [arrow pointing to pic of carb-laden treat].  Sin-a-bin [arrown pointing down to penalty box]

These are all great! I love #'s 7,12, 17,18, & 20 ??? But ANY of these would be great to see at the games!

My favorite:

5. R-Zach Beats I-saac

There are many good ones though. Keep them original. No offense or anything but nobody wants to see "Wrap them up Sioux." It's somewhat cheesy.

Lots of good ones here. I like #5 best. That one is pretty clever. And I like the Sicatoka's idea too.

Another idea for the penalty box:

"Not on Santa's LIST"

Still haven't gotten Sioux Illustrated but I have to run lunch time errands and will pick one up at Scheels. "Season's Beatings" caption for that picture sounds inspired, NorthStar.

I've finished "R-Zach Beats I-saac" and Santa Referee ("He sees you when you're slashing; he knows your fall's a fake"). The way this usually works is I make the ones that get the most posts of approval plus ones I'm particularly fond of-- yes, whether you like them or not! So post the number that corresponds to your favorite(s) from my original list or tell me which other ideas you like. As always, if inspiration strikes you, post your brillance here but please do it soon. Thanks.

Still haven't gotten Sioux Illustrated but I have to run lunch time errands and will pick one up at Scheels.  "Season's Beatings" caption for that picture sounds inspired, NorthStar. 

I've finished "R-Zach Beats I-saac" and Santa Referee ("He sees you when you're slashing; he knows your fall's a fake").  The way this usually works is I make the ones that get the most posts of approval plus ones I'm particularly fond of-- yes, whether you like them or not!  So post the number that corresponds to your favorite(s) from my original list or tell me which other ideas you like.  As always, if inspiration strikes you, post your brillance here but please do it soon.  Thanks.

I'm not a big fan of the Santa referee sign because it's not really true.

They have only called one diving penalty since I started watching UND hockey. At least, WCHA refs. CCHA refs who reffed the Ferris State game last season don't count. So they don't really see when the fall is fake. ???

I'm not a fan of this sign either, not because it isn't good, but because UMD is not a team that is known for diving

Thanks for noticing. I've seen Caig with guys draped all over him still fighting to stay on his skates. There are certainly no Peter Forsbergs on this team!

Thanks, everyone, for the input. I still like the Santa Ref sign so I'll bring it mostly because I did such a great job on the illustration. As always, whether--and when--it's displayed depends upon the mood of my students helpers.

Does anyone here see anything objectionable on the list? Remember, security screens these twice. Once, on Friday night when I bring in the whole batch and then again on Saturday when the students bring them back. What's been approved one night has been censored the next. So if you think any of these ideas are problematic, please let me know.

Let's get those votes in; the polls are closing.

Last night I made "Season's Beatings," "Not the Brightest Bulb" & "Five Ho-Ho-Holed." Tonight I'll paste up Naughty-Nice-Chippy which I've tweaked somewhat. It'll say, "He's making a list; hip-checking it twice" and then there'll be an illustration of Santa with a single list of names followed by the designation "Naughty," "Nice" or "Chippy." Since statistics don't lie, the "nice" will be one of our players with few PIMs; the "naughty" designation" for Prpich and "chippy" I guess is Peluso, Anderson or Stauffacher, Duluth's PIMs leaders. Terms may not fit exactly but you can chalk it up to fan bias or poetic license.