SiouxSports.com Forum

UND/NDSU football commentary: You can't retire stupid

Hayduke

Ok, you guys have 9 Championships and we still have beaten you ore times than you have beaten us!!! And looking at the last decade before we stoped playing, we DOMINATED you. 10 of the last 13 games UND won. Can't argue that is not dominating!!!

"We" and "you". Love it!

I guess everyone is too stubborn to admit that both schools have accomplished quite a bit. You cannot argue with history and tradition, which both programs have in their respective sport. NDSU has made the transition in football and basketball pretty succesfully and UND has a bright future ahead of them in the Big Sky. Anyone who suggests NDSU and UND aren't rivals belongs in the state hospital. Hypothetically, if they scheduled a game at the Alerus the next season it would smash all attendance records.

Just for the record, 8 of the 9 championships were won before the players on the AC's current team were even born. Congrats on this year's season though, NDSU was the best 1-AA team in 2011.

I don't see why that matters. That is when the traditions started. If you wanna go that route I'm certain half of UNDs hockey team was in 5th grade or less in 2000. Who cares? The traditions started in the 70s and 80s and carry on through today.

Yeah schools like Ohio State and Michigan State will travel to places like NDSU or UND for their secondary sports, not sure what point you are trying to make with that.
I guess I've missed some of these events in Fargo, please tell me what sports these teams have traveled to NDSU for and how many people were in attendance for these "secondary" sporting events. Also, could you post a schedule of when these major schools will be coming back to Fargo so people can get it on their calendars? When these teams travel to UND for a series there is typically around 23,000 to 24,000 people in attendance. Because of the larger population in Fargo you most likely get more attendance than that.

Why would the teams from California be better at hockey than Minnesota, Michigan, Boston College, or even Ohio St??? That's basically what you're saying when you say they'd be better than UND. Appalachian St..... oh yeah they're that team that upset somebody like 4 years ago right??? Yeah I can see why the recruits must just be swarming around that place now :silly: Georgetown and Villanova have football teams?? I just figured they were Bball-only schools.

Population is why teams in the "warm" states would be better if hockey was a national sport. Appalachian State does still recruit well and you know that they are probably using the Michigan game as a recruiting pitch.

I guess I've missed some of these events in Fargo, please tell me what sports these teams have traveled to NDSU for and how many people were in attendance for these "secondary" sporting events. Also, could you post a schedule of when these major schools will be coming back to Fargo so people can get it on their calendars? When these teams travel to UND for a series there is typically around 23,000 to 24,000 people in attendance. Because of the larger population in Fargo you most likely get more attendance than that.

A few years back, Kansas State made an appearance in Fargo for basketball. I'm sure that from time to time, both schools will bring in some bigger schools to play a little ball. I think Minnesota brought their baseball team to Fargo last year as well, Iowa State for volleyball game up this year. A lot easier to bring in bigger schools in sports that are less important to them (i.e. hockey)