SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray to Play With US WJC Team

jk

I just heard Blais on the radio this morning and he said it isn't a done deal. It sounds as if Brady is leaning toward playing on the US team, but he has yet to take the steps that will enable it to happen. Blais sounded as if there was a good chance Parise, Stafford and Murray would all play for Team USA.

Since he's not on the Canadian selection camp roster, it appears that his two choices at this point are to play for Team USA or listen to the games on the radio.

It would be tough to play at SCSU without those three guys. The depth that we all tout now would certainly be tested.

Since he's not on the Canadian selection camp roster, it appears that his two choices at this point are to play for Team USA or listen to the games on the radio.

Wasn't Brady on the selection camp roster? The article out of Toronto makes it sound as if he would have been:

It was an unexpected turn of events because the 19-year-old had attended Canada's summer evaluation camp and would have been on the list of invitees released yesterday.

Wouldn't it be nice to have had the first weekend of January off or with a NC game, rather than now. After this weekend, all WCHA teams will have played 10 or 12 conference games, while the Sioux remain with only 6. Wonder if some WCHA teams don't play conference games on that January weekend?

Having looked it up, only ND, SCSU, Wisco, and Mankato play conference games that weekend. Everyone else is in NC games. How hard would it have been to allow all the WCHA to have that weekend free of conference games?

Who is responsible for this garbage? Also, anyone know how many WCHA players are on WJ rosters?

Having looked it up, only ND, SCSU, Wisco, and Mankato play conference games that weekend. Everyone else is in NC games. How hard would it have been to allow all the WCHA to have that weekend free of conference games?

Who is responsible for this garbage? Also, anyone know how many WCHA players are on WJ rosters?

UND is responsible. If your team would go back to recruiting the freakin' 25 year old Canadians, no trouble would be found! :)

Could happen....they might lock themselves in a bathroom stall at the airport.

:D

Haven't figured out yet how that could happen. If the latch is on the inside..hmm..nope, still don't get it. Maybe they were all in the same stall together (doing God knows what) & couldn't move around enough to unlatch it..kinda like a human pretzel. :huh:

Here is an article on Brady's decision.

Article on Brady

Amazing the bkd on a decision like this that a 18-19 yr old kid makes. I mean, it looks like there's pressure on his dad, pressure on Brady, and all he wants to know is whether he has a chance to play. If Canada is bummed out, they have to look at the kids options. You can't blame him for wanting to make the tournament, and patriotism aside he had friends he could play with on the US team. Can't blame him.

What is interesting is now he is "stuck" with playing for the US in any future international competition.

Good for Brady. Good to see Sioux players making that tournament.

Now if we could just work on the WCHA to work their schedule around this tournament every year....

What is interesting is now he is "stuck" with playing for the US in any future international competition.

Is that true? I read recently where Brett Hull had dual citizenship, played for the US at the World Juniors during his days at Duluth after the Canadians didn't want him, and was asked several years later by the Canadians to be on their Olympic team. Of course, he told Canada to get lost. :D

Amazing the bkd on a decision like this that a 18-19 yr old kid makes. I mean, it looks like there's pressure on his dad, pressure on Brady, and all he wants to know is whether he has a chance to play. If Canada is bummed out, they have to look at the kids options. You can't blame him for wanting to make the tournament, and patriotism aside he had friends he could play with on the US team. Can't blame him.

Good for Brady. Good to see Sioux players making that tournament.

Now if we could just work on the WCHA to work their schedule around this tournament every year....

I think this is exaggerated, really. The only major decision that is to be made was by Brady. No real pressure on Andy. There was expectations of Murray playing for Team Canada, but the article insinuates that there wasn't the kinds of assurances that could be made for Brady and it was either take a sure bet or roll the dice vs major juniors. Brady was forced into playing for the US.

Andy did play some roll in his decision to play for the World Juniors, but after his calls went unanswered to Team Canada, there really wasn't anything outside of the family that Andy had to be concerned about in this matter.

Personally, I think Brady made the right choice. I would have done the same (but I have no talent when it comes to playing hockey). I really think he had no chance on Team Canada anyways.

You make it sound like Team Canada really wanted Brady to play for them. That is definitely not the case at all.

Who me? If so, nope. I think Brady was only on the Team Canada's radar because of Andy Murray. They really had no intentions to give Brady a slot or they would have asked him already.