SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray to Play With US WJC Team

jk

I guess we could still get lucky if SCSU loses 2 or 3 also :D

I am going to go on record and say that our team minus Murray, Parise and possibly Stafford is still more talented than SCCC and should be able to take some points that weekend. Think about it. Massen (hurt most of the year and 35 point getter last season), Genoway, Bochenski, McMahan are better if not more than most of the players on SCCC. Our team will be fine and will be a great opportunity to grow as a team and face some adversity.

I am going to go on record and say that our team minus Murray, Parise and possibly Stafford is still more talented than SCCC and should be able to take some points that weekend. Think about it. Massen (hurt most of the year and 35 point getter last season), Genoway, Bochenski, McMahan are better if not more than most of the players on SCCC. Our team will be fine and will be a great opportunity to grow as a team and face some adversity.

What will be nice about that weekend, is that the rest of the guys get a chance to prove they can do it without Murray and Parise. It will be fun to see some different lines as well.

I have no doubt about that, but what about goaltending? SCCC seemes to have found a solid group of netminders. or at least they get the puck to bounce the right way for them. They were tough.

I'll be stressed for that series

What will be nice about that weekend, is that the rest of the guys get a chance to prove they can do it without Murray and Parise. It will be fun to see some different lines as well.

I'd rather the Sioux not have to play teams without their top guns. Add Stafford to that list too. We are going to be missing 3 of our top 4 players.

I have no doubt about that, but what about goaltending? SCCC seemes to have found a solid group of netminders. or at least they get the puck to bounce the right way for them. They were tough.

I'll be stressed for that series

Redwing77, I think SCCC has been exposed. They will not be able to expect their goalie to give up 35-40 shots a night eventually Coole is not going to stop them all. Mark my words the swoon is upon SCCC. They are not a very deep team at all.

I'd rather the Sioux not have to play teams without their top guns. Add Stafford to that list too. We are going to be missing 3 of our top 4 players.

I'm just trying to find the best in the situation. I'm glad these guys get to play for USA. In a weird way I think I'd still be happy even if it took half of our team and we could only play two lines. We just have to deal with the fact that the WCHA doesn't have a clue how to schedule. Who is in charge of scheduling anyways?

Mapletoft must be a really busy man.

Don't let him fool you. Mapletoft owes me money.

Anyways, he writes the schedules on a cocktail napkin from the local establishment on the "Island" every year. Yup. Then Michael Peca blows his nose using the schedule and bingo.

• 4 weeks later...