SiouxSports.com Forum

Fascism alive and well in the USA

yababy8

Quote from North Dakota Senator Espegard-

"I didn't understand, at the time, all of the ramifications. But I do understand, and I think you all do today, the ramifications of this law, and today it's time to repeal the law," Espegard said. "Let's move the University of North Dakota forward and get by this very divisive thing."

There are no two ways about this fellow Americans, This is a perfect example of big business telling our public institutions AND government what will be. So if anyone reading this thinks this country is run 'by the people for the people' they need to think again! This is par for the course in an ugly symphony played out over and over again from sea to shinning sea. The government of North Dakota got told what to do like a child!

Merry Christmas Sioux fans and happy holidays Sioux Nation. Your voice will not be heard, so says the NCAA one business under God!

• Upvote 1

This is a perfect example of big business telling ...

No, you're wrong. The NCAA is not a "business". It's a sports monopoly run by left-leaning (university president) idealists. If they ran it like a business they'd go for maximum profits for all units of the business, accounting for local market concerns.

Businessmen live in the real world; these guys live in the world they wish for.

• Upvote 2

That's why this needs to be opposed with steadfast conviction and inflexible resolve.

Tragically this truth has been obscured and therefore resolve curtailed by the invitation of political relevance.

How preserving our name became a exclusively conservative platform is beyond me? To me, a liberal minded thinker, this issue falls squarely in the relm of big money vs the will and desire of the people. Ie the dictatorship of the proletariat...

And now we all stand to lose so much at the hand of a threat by a private enterprise whom which cares not one bit about the people of the Spirit lake Tribe.

I got a question for the Sioux hockey fans who want to keep the name despite the ramifications to other sports:

If the NCHC came out and said, "if UND does not resolve this nickname issue and is still on the HA list with the NCAA come July, they will not be accepted as a member of the NCHC" - what would you say?

Would you be OK with hockey being an independent and having to schedule 30 random games?

No, you're wrong. The NCAA is not a "business". It's a sports monopoly run by left-leaning (university president) idealists.

And our beloved alma mater is a card carrying member of said monopoly.

That said, the more I read about these anti-trust suits going on against the NC$$, the more I like them. I hope the attorneys representing SL find a very good anti-trust attorney to prosecute that claim.

And our beloved alma mater is a card carrying member of said monopoly.

Yup, and that's why it's play ball or get kicked to the curb.

The issue here is that the monopoly, the monster, hasn't been stopped and won't stop devouring until it self-destructs. No one will kill it, it will have to destroy itself.

I got a question for the Sioux hockey fans who want to keep the name despite the ramifications to other sports: If the NCHC came out and said, "if UND does not resolve this nickname issue and is still on the HA list with the NCAA come July, they will not be accepted as a member of the NCHC" - what would you say? Would you be OK with hockey being an independent and having to schedule 30 random games?

If you listen to the fans of other programs of the NCHC and fans of the teams that were left out the NCHC, these fans blame UND and DU for the conference forming, so taking their logic there would be no way UND is kicked out of the conference.

If you listen to the fans of other programs of the NCHC and fans of the teams that were left out the NCHC, these fans blame UND  and DU for the conference forming, so taking their logic there would be no way UND is kicked out of the conference.

That has nothing to do with it.  You didn't answer the question.   If Hockey would not be accepted in to the conference due to keeping the nickname, would hockey fans be OK with that?   Would they be OK with being independent but getting to keep the nickname?