SiouxSports.com Forum

Minot Game

UND Fan

As many of you know, Sunday's game with Minot was scheduled to assist the city in raising flood relief funds. One of the ways to help is to purchase a "virtual ticket"" to the game. They cost $10 each and all the $ go to flood recovery.

I purchased a couple of tickets yesterday. They were numbered XXXXXX09 and XXXXXX10. I don't know but I am afraid that this means only 10 tickets of this type had been sold. If so, it won't help the cause much and it could be a little embarrassing for UND that more fans didn't "step up".

If you can afford to do so, I strongly recommend going to fightingsioux.com or Ticketmaster and make a purchase. I am quite sure it is tax deductible and there is no service fee.

This is pasted from the fs.com website (I think this link works):

tl_corner.gifSupport Minot - Virtual Tickets swoosh.gifx.giftr_corner.gifx.gif

Help support the Minot Area Community Foundation! Purchase your "virtual" ticket for the game on October 30th in Minot. All the proceeds from this ticket go to help Minot in their flood recovery. ***Please note that this is a virtual ticket and is not valid for entry to the game.***

teamarrow.gifVirtual Tickets

• Upvote 1

As many of you know, Sunday's game with Minot was scheduled to assist the city in raising flood relief funds. One of the ways to help is to purchase a "virtual ticket"" to the game. They cost $10 each and all the $ go to flood recovery.

I purchased a couple of tickets yesterday. They were numbered XXXXXX09 and XXXXXX10. I don't know but I am afraid that this means only 10 tickets of this type had been sold. If so, it won't help the cause much and it could be a little embarrassing for UND that more fans didn't "step up".

If you can afford to do so, I strongly recommend going to fightingsioux.com or Ticketmaster and make a purchase. I am quite sure it is tax deductible and there is no service fee.

This is pasted from the fs.com website (I think this link works):

tl_corner.gifSupport Minot - Virtual Tickets swoosh.gifx.giftr_corner.gifx.gif

Help support the Minot Area Community Foundation! Purchase your "virtual" ticket for the game on October 30th in Minot. All the proceeds from this ticket go to help Minot in their flood recovery. ***Please note that this is a virtual ticket and is not valid for entry to the game.***

teamarrow.gifVirtual Tickets

I agree, but feel it's also important to note that UND has been selling the "We Are One" t-shirts for several months, and the proceeds from this effort likely are fairly substantial. So even if the "virtual" ticket effort doesn't yield large dividends, the playing of the game in Minot and the resulting sale of actual tickets, plus the t-shirt proceeds, is certainly commendable on UND's part.

• Upvote 1

I agree, but feel it's also important to note that UND has been selling the "We Are One" t-shirts for several months, and the proceeds from this effort likely are fairly substantial. So even if the "virtual" ticket effort doesn't yield large dividends, the playing of the game in Minot and the resulting sale of actual tickets, plus the t-shirt proceeds, is certainly commendable on UND's part.

You make a very good point, I should have acknowledged that. There is no question that UND has really been proactive in their efforts to help Minot - I would guess more so than any other North Dakota university!

Just watched the media day video on Fightingsioux.com. Faison said the men's team is giving up a game next season in order to take part in the Minot flood-benefit game this year. Again, hats off to UND for being so supportive of the Minot area ................................

The most pleasant surprise for me was the play of Goodman. Must admit that I didn't expect much contribution from him this season considering all the injuries he's had and the younger, quicker players that have emerged since he was last at full strength, but he looked good yesterday.

Huff had an amazing dunk in this one, he is a special talent. This squad looks really good, and for the age of the players, it bodes very well for the future. For the first time since the days of Dave Vonesh and Scott Guldseth, I am excited for UND mens basketball!

I was at the game and would have to agree with Goodman's play. Very impressive. That gives us more depth. I also thought Allard does what he always does- pick his moments offensively. Play well defensively. I'm really liking him because he brings consistency. We didn't board the ball well defensively in the 1st half, but this is game 1. Saw alot of different combinations of players on the floor in the second half. That may have contributed as to why we didn't win by more, but I understand why the staff kept rotating players-to see who played well together. I thought Gentry is really raw. Very Athletic but needs polish. I think by next year or the year after he could really be quite difficult to handle. Huff- well his dunk was just awesome and I think he was victim of a few non calls in the 2nd Half or his game would have been even better. I thought Webb was kind of missing in the 1st half, but for the 2nd half he controlled things and scored 10 points. Anderson continues to impress with his play throughout.

There is some promise with this team, but there is still a ways to go.

I was at the game and would have to agree with Goodman's play. Very impressive. That gives us more depth. I also thought Allard does what he always does- pick his moments offensively. Play well defensively. I'm really liking him because he brings consistency. We didn't board the ball well defensively in the 1st half, but this is game 1. Saw alot of different combinations of players on the floor in the second half. That may have contributed as to why we didn't win by more, but I understand why the staff kept rotating players-to see who played well together. I thought Gentry is really raw. Very Athletic but needs polish. I think by next year or the year after he could really be quite difficult to handle. Huff- well his dunk was just awesome and I think he was victim of a few non calls in the 2nd Half or his game would have been even better. I thought Webb was kind of missing in the 1st half, but for the 2nd half he controlled things and scored 10 points. Anderson continues to impress with his play throughout.

There is some promise with this team, but there is still a ways to go.

How did you think Wilmer and the Canadian freshman looked?

Wilmer didn't play- I asked Paul, the radio guy where he was- and was told he didn't make the trip because he had caught a bit of a bug. Antwi, although it wasn't a blow your mind performance, I can see him being a solid addition to our guard play. At times I thought maybe he was going a little too fast, being his first game, in fact when he went to the line and missed a free throw you heard the Sioux coaches from the bench yell "slow dow" he pured the next one. I like his stroke and he moves quickly and fluidly. By fluidly I mean with ease, and with no wasted movement. Very smooth- as he begins to see more floor I think he will settle in nicely. It appears to me that the Sioux will have him as a more off the ball guard and let Webb and Anderson bring the ball up the floor.

One area we need to continue to work on is post entry- getting the ball into the post in positions where those guys can score. Recognizing it a little faster then the execution. There were some very good post entries but a couple not so good as well. Part of the interior's success is getting them the ball in the right places with the right spacing on the floor to let those guys go to work.