SiouxSports.com Forum

Shakey's Pizza

almostheavenin2011

That got me thinking....

Anyone remember what the 50's esque restaurant that Shakey's became was called? I can't remember for the life of me. I think that Dagwoods (or whatever its called now) - the second one, after they moved from their first location on Columbia Road, to their second location out by the university was one of those 50's ish restaurants too...

That got me thinking....

Anyone remember what the 50's esque restaurant that Shakey's became was called? I can't remember for the life of me. I think that Dagwoods (or whatever its called now) - the second one, after they moved from their first location on Columbia Road, to their second location out by the university was one of those 50's ish restaurants too...

Actually Skakeys was next door. Toppers was the old Mr. Steak restaurant.

Mr. Steak became Somebody's Restaurant, which became Toppers, which became 32 Ave Eatery (spinoff of 42nd St Eatery...same owner) then that burned down. Think the guy got charged with insurance fraud for starting the fire.

Toppers was awesome. Burger with the seasoned fries and a butterfinger shake......doesn't get any better!!

Mr. Steak became Somebody's Restaurant, which became Toppers, which became 32 Ave Eatery (spinoff of 42nd St Eatery...same owner) then that burned down. Think the guy got charged with insurance fraud for starting the fire.

Toppers was awesome. Burger with the seasoned fries and a butterfinger shake......doesn't get any better!!

I thought there was a name bewteen Mr. Steak and Toppers forgot about Somebodys. I do remember that he started serving 42nd st. food but forgot the 32nd Ave. Eatery. You have good memory so what was where Paradiso before Paradiso and not La Capana.

I loved Shakeys and Toppers. I don't understand how Toppers could have failed. I thought it was the best burger joint in town.

If you are looking for the best burger joint in town now, JL Beers has deffinitely earned that title. You won't have a better burger anywhere in GF. Oh, and they serve an endless varieties of great beer!! Burgers, beer...what more do you need!!

If you are looking for the best burger joint in town now, JL Beers has deffinitely earned that title. You won't have a better burger anywhere in GF. Oh, and they serve an endless varieties of great beer!! Burgers, beer...what more do you need!!

Just room to get in - the place is impossibly small

Really? Went to JL in downtown Fargo....great beer selection, very ordinary unimpressive burger. I was with a few people and was not alone in my opinion.