SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ralph Just Got Better!

Cratter

Did anyone hear about this?

Apparently the Fire was a good thing. The Ralph will now get a new scoreboard with twice the resolution as the old one?

Now if they would just get rid of those 80's tube TV's in the concourse....ugly and old in such a beautiful building....don't let it get outdated....EVER!!!

Did anyone hear about this?

Apparently the Fire was a good thing. The Ralph will now get a new scoreboard with twice the resolution as the old one?

Now if they would just get rid of those 80's tube TV's in the concourse....ugly and old in such a beautiful building....don't let it get outdated....EVER!!!

I think it will be the same scoreboard with new video boards. Agree, with new buildings coming on board in the last few years, the Ralph needs to stay state of the art.

to have a penalty clock on the screen costs a lot of money, more than you actually think.

and?

Bemidji State has a penalty clock.

The building is world class. The Sioux want to play games televised nationally on Versus (at least Faison talked about). Shouldn't the Ralph have a PP clock for that?

Its only a matter of time before HD and "the clock" are added. You can't tell me UND athletics especially from hockey can't afford a few million dollars? The Ralph built the Betty for jimmany crickets.

And now UND athletics are talking about a new indoor practice facility for football. People might donate to that but not HD and the clock?

from the Herald

The new displays feature double the resolution of the old and better contrast, according to REA spokesman Chris Semrau. They will be able to take full advantage of the arena’s cameras, he said, though the images could be slightly better with new cameras.

The old displays have been junked, Semrau said. Technology has advanced so much in the past 10 years that they’ve been in use that the remaining three displays either had practically no value or could not be sold easily

Wonder what trash bins those were in? :lol:

and?

Bemidji State has a penalty clock.

The building is world class. The Sioux want to play games televised nationally on Versus (at least Faison talked about). Shouldn't the Ralph have a PP clock for that?

Its only a matter of time before HD and "the clock" are added. You can't tell me UND athletics especially from hockey can't afford a few million dollars? The Ralph built the Betty for jimmany crickets.

And now UND athletics are talking about a new indoor practice facility for football. People might donate to that but not HD and the clock?

I don't have a lot of money, but I'd sure as hell donate toward HD!

I wish somebody could explain to me WHY showing the powerplay time is "soooo expensive". All they have to do is point one more camera at the powerplay clock that's already showing on the in-house scoreboard. Then show that camera on screen next to the other clock. It's no different than what they do during the intros where they have split screen stuff showing multiple players skating around during warmups.

I wish somebody could explain to me WHY showing the powerplay time is "soooo expensive". All they have to do is point one more camera at the powerplay clock that's already showing on the in-house scoreboard. Then show that camera on screen next to the other clock. It's no different than what they do during the intros where they have split screen stuff showing multiple players skating around during warmups.

well to do HD, the FSSN has to get an HD truck (costs over a million dollars), so the cost would be on WDAZ's shoulder, not the UND's athletic department. when you do the powerplay time in the corner of the tv it is my understanding that you have to get another camera and hire a few more people to control it in the truck. its not as easy as someone thinks. my suggestion is if you are really upset about it, you should call or email WDAZ and ask them about it.