SiouxSports.com Forum

St. Cloud in the NCHC?

siouxnami

St. Cloud  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should St. Cloud be allowed to join the NCHC?

• Never, this is for national programs willing to invest.
    • Maybe, only to balance numbers.
    • Yes, they are a legitimate national program.
  2. 2. Are you primarily a fan of St. Cloud?

• Yes
    • No

I just hope that the NCHC doesn't feel like they have to add Stearns County Community College. them. If they get in they lower the quality of the NCHC... They are not a like minded school.

Is there any chance you could clarify your position on this matter? Some of the others and I just can't determine where you stand.

I am in no way advocating for SCSU to be in the NCHC when I post this, but I found it interesting none the less. I have heard that SCSU plans to upgrade their arena. I'm not sure if the work has been approved or if plans are finalzed for the upgrade. I was looking through the JLG website and came across some renderings of upgrades to their arena. Again, not sure if they are doing this, but if so, there arena is going to be pretty nice.

http://www.jlgarchitects.com/ Click on "The Work" tab, then "Hockey/Sports" tab, and then National Hockey Center to see the photos.

I am in no way advocating for SCSU to be in the NCHC when I post this, but I found it interesting none the less. I have heard that SCSU plans to upgrade their arena. I'm not sure if the work has been approved or if plans are finalzed for the upgrade. I was looking through the JLG website and came across some renderings of upgrades to their arena. Again, not sure if they are doing this, but if so, there arena is going to be pretty nice.

http://www.jlgarchitects.com/ Click on "The Work" tab, then "Hockey/Sports" tab, and then National Hockey Center to see the photos.

Oh you mean the National Concrete Center. Yes. Upgrades.

Contractors had their insurance policies and permits in hand. Because of the state shutdown, the work has been delayed one year. Phase one consists of the exterior work. Phase two will be the addition of suites and the north end seating. When completed in 2013, the building will have 20-30 luxury suites and additional seats. The entrance, ticketing, administration, pro shop, concourse, restroom and concession areas will be upgraded. In its concert configuration, the facility will hold about 8,000. http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics/sports/hockey-mens/aplanforthefuture-thenationalhockeycenter.asp

• Upvote 1

Contractors had their insurance policies and permits in hand. Because of the state shutdown, the work has been delayed one year. Phase one consists of the exterior work. Phase two will be the addition of suites and the north end seating. When completed in 2013, the building will have 20-30 luxury suites and additional seats. The entrance, ticketing, administration, pro shop, concourse, restroom and concession areas will be upgraded. In its concert configuration, the facility will hold about 8,000. http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics/sports/hockey-mens/aplanforthefuture-thenationalhockeycenter.asp

Thanks for the info...should help the Husky program. I still would prefer they aren't a part of the NCHC. I'd rather the NCHC focus on attracting DI teams...

Good info +1. I just think that SCSU will forever be a regional school at best.

My preferences in order:

1. Notre Dame, seven team conference

2. Notre Dame plus (WMU or BGSU), eight teams

3. WMU and BGSU, eight teams

I think I would reverse this as Notre Dame will probably be in the Big Ten someday with all the moves in conferences that are going on it might be sooner rather than later. It can only play the Independent so long, Having WMU and BGSU brings the D1 schools together (it also keeps the DII schools together with all that implies).. I think Notre Dame in the long term is more of a gamble than is BGSU or WMU as these schools would probably remain in the conference but if Notre Dame leaves, well, who knows what scenarios.