SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Well, I would take a win, regardless of how that would impact Coach Mussman's future employment. I may have soured on the current coaching staff, but I'm not ready to pull for the opponent every week in order to force a change................

I would never cheer for any opponent over UND even if its for a coaching change. When Miami went 1-15 a few years ago I never cheered for any opponent over the Dolphins even thought the coaching staff was pathetic. Its just wrong!!

Fun game: drink every time you read/hear a Muss quote about a team that recently whipped their a** but "they didn't get our best effort".

Dangerous for a coach to tell everyone your team isn't giving their best effort.

Because the players themselves don't respect Mussman. Players at NDSU are terrified of/respect Bohl to death; that's definitely not the case at UND. Hard to have success when the soldiers think the general is full of himself and doesn't know what he's doing.

Because the players themselves don't respect Mussman. Players at NDSU are terrified of/respect Bohl to death; that's definitely not the case at UND. Hard to have success when the soldiers think the general is full of himself and doesn't know what he's doing.

And you know this for a fact?

Fun game: drink every time you read/hear a Muss quote about a team that recently whipped their a** but "they didn't get our best effort".

Dangerous for a coach to tell everyone your team isn't giving their best effort.

Not going to comment on the effort thing, but it's clear UND can't play sloppy like the last couple games and expect to beat anybody. Really hope they clean up the play today.

And you know this for a fact?

I can't speak to the motivations of the players, but again, when the coach himself is telling everyone that the team isn't giving the best effort on the field, we have to ask why. Why aren't the players giving their coach the best effort they can?

Mark my words, fans will be looking back on the past two seasons thinking "there were red flags all over the place, how did we not see this train was heading off a cliff?"

UND may not be the most talented football team in the Big Sky, but there is absolutely no reason this team should get blown out consecutive games at home! This team, if properly coached, should be able to COMPETE with nearly any FCS school at home. The fact they can't compete with the schools in the conference-the same ones we will see year in and year out- is absolutely unacceptable. The effort isn't there cause the team has quit on Mussman. The goofing off on the sideline is simply proof of the lack of disciplines. I'm glad Faison noticed this; he'll make the correct move if this continues. Only question now is whether or not it's mid season.

• Upvote 3

I've tried to stay positive with this team..... I think they should fire Mussman tonight and name Kotelnicki the interim coach. The alerus was pathetic today. MSU wasn't even intense on the sideline and they're still fisting us with their backups. It appears that Mussman doesn't have the ear of the team. They aren't motivated in games. They don't play with heart. They looked like they we're sleep walking today. WAY worse than the Montana game. It's time to cut Mussman loose and move on and try and let the team salvage the season under a more passionate leader.

• Upvote 4

I've tried to stay positive with this team..... I think they should fire Mussman tonight and name Kotelnicki the interim coach. The alerus was pathetic today. MSU wasn't even intense on the sideline and they're still fisting us with their backups. It appears that Mussman doesn't have the ear of the team. They aren't motivated in games. They don't play with heart. They looked like they we're sleep walking today. WAY worse than the Montana game. It's time to cut Mussman loose and move on and try and let the team salvage the season under a more passionate leader.

Holy S**t! What a turnaround! You have been maybe THE most positive voice on here, you've gone from that to calling for the coach's job and "fisting us with their backups"!?

Someone definitely hit their rock bottom! :D

• Upvote 1