SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Shattuck vs the World Celebrity Hockey Game

ber818

Just FYI for all Sioux hockey fans.... This year's Shattuck vs the World Celebrity Hockey Game will be taking place in Faribault MN at Shattuck St. Mary's Ice Arena this Thursday, August 11th. Gates open at 3:30pm and the game starts at 7pm. Former Sioux on the roster include Zach Parise, Taylor Chorney, Ryan Duncan, Chay Genoway, Chris Porter, and Drew Stafford....there could be more. It isn't a final roster listed on the website. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for youth. We went a couple of years ago and the kids loved it. They were able to get their pictures taken with former Sioux NHL players and get their autographs....then watch them play some hockey. It's definitely worth going to. Hope to see you all there!

For more info....go to http://www.faribaulthockey.com/

• 2 weeks later...

^I bet the insurance company denies the payment.

If the kid fills out the claim form with his name, they'll say he wasn't the right person to take the shot, and therefore ineligible to win the dough.

If he fills it out with his twin's name they'll go after him for insurance fraud.

I hope someone from the community steps up and shoves some money the kid's way.

Pay the kid.

if you pay the kid anything it just shows what kind of country we live in, where we reward cheaters and liars (although the family did come clean afterwards). i say let the kid whos name was drawn take the shot and if he makes it, he gets the money and if he misses it he gets nothing.

if you pay the kid anything it just shows what kind of country we live in, where we reward cheaters and liars (although the family did come clean afterwards). i say let the kid whos name was drawn take the shot and if he makes it, he gets the money and if he misses it he gets nothing.

Like I said pay the kids. Ya really think they cheated? The one brother is outside so dad sends the other one on the ice so he doesn't hold the game up. Ya really think they thought he had better chance at making it than his twin brother. The insurance is payed for so I still say pay em up. Dad did the right thing by saying it was the wrong son now it's their turn to do the right thing and pay them.

Like I said pay the kids. Ya really think they cheated? The one brother is outside so dad sends the other one on the ice so he doesn't hold the game up. Ya really think they thought he had better chance at making it than his twin brother. The insurance is payed for so I still say pay em up. Dad did the right thing by saying it was the wrong son now it's their turn to do the right thing and pay them.

I disagree....why should they pay him...he was not the contestant that was called.....let one of those millionaire hockey players pay it if they so choose....rules are rules

• Upvote 2

I disagree....why should they pay him...he was not the contestant that was called.....let one of those millionaire hockey players pay it if they so choose....rules are rules

I thought I read somewhere that the parents said that no where on the entry slip did it say that the person who's name was called was the one that had necessarily to take the shot.

Lots of gray area.

Did anyone happen to go to this game?

Crazy dilemma that happend between periods it looked like.

ESPN

We were there, and it was awesome! My friend said after he made the shot "why didn't I video that?", and now here it is all over the place (even caught the family on the Today show!).

The family could have kept their switcheroo to themselves, but did the honest thing and fessed up which I see as very honorable.

I am certain the insurance company will not pay, as they have made it clear the name on the ticket drawn had to be the one who took the shot.

They have said they would use the money mostly for a college fund, and donate the rest to their local hockey association.

The today show indicated there is a website setup (http://hockeytwinswin.com/), although not much there to really tell how legit it is.

Back in the early eighties, UND had a similar contest with a car as the prize, and my buddy and I witnessed a guy put the puck through the hole too. A moment of disbelief by the crowd, then the place went nuts.

I was at a Fighting Sioux hockey game in the 1990's where a guy shot the puck through the hole from center ice, I think it was worth like $50,000.00...

yes, the dad did do the right thing by admitting it was a different son but the insurance company is not in the wrong and they don't have to do what you call the "right" thing. it's just like any other contest if the kid does not show up they draw another name, problem solved. this dad and son stole a chance from someone else who could have followed the rules and made the shot.

I was at a Fighting Sioux hockey game in the 1990's where a guy shot the puck through the hole from center ice, I think it was worth like $50,000.00...

I have a friend who ownes a car dealership that sponsors a hole-in-one-win-a-car at a yearly fund raiser. He told me that nobody ever won, so one year he didn't insure against it. Of course, a guy holed one.

• 2 weeks later...

No dough to the boy who hit the hole!

However, the insurance company is donating $20k to hockey programs.....

"Odds On Promotions of Reno, Nev., the company which insured the event, is instead donating $10,000 to each the Faribault and Owatonna youth hockey programs in the names of the two boys, Nate and Nick Smith."

Link to article

and the correct call was made!