SiouxSports.com Forum

Biggest choke ever?

Mighty Quinn

Just wondering. Is this Dave Chokestol's biggest choke job yet? The sue have lost five straight games in the Frozen Four so we all know that they've been choking for years, but this year easily tops the list in my opinion. And the fact that it happened at the X in the Gopher's backyard for all of us to enjoy makes it that much sweeter. I truly believe that Chokestol will never get a ring, he gets out coached every year in the NCAA's. If they didn't win it this year I don't see them ever winning it. The sue were by far the best team left and hadn't lost since late January, but when you have Chokestol for a coach all bets are off. And to get shut out? Priceless. The looks on the faces of the sue fans after Michigan's eng was as good as it gets. Enjoy the 5 hour trip back to the prairie as your best days are behind you. You lost the Frozen Four (again), you lost your nickname, and you lost the two flagship programs of the WCHA to the Big Ten Conference. Pretty bleak future for you all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

Just wondering. Is this Dave Chokestol's biggest choke job yet? The sue have lost five straight games in the Frozen Four so we all know that they've been choking for years, but this year easily tops the list in my opinion. And the fact that it happened at the X in the Gopher's backyard for all of us to enjoy makes it that much sweeter. I truly believe that Chokestol will never get a ring, he gets out coached every year in the NCAA's. If they didn't win it this year I don't see them ever winning it. The sue were by far the best team left and hadn't lost since late January, but when you have Chokestol for a coach all bets are off. And to get shut out? Priceless. The looks on the faces of the sue fans after Michigan's eng was as good as it gets. Enjoy the 5 hour trip back to the prairie as your best days are behind you. You lost the Frozen Four (again), you lost your nickname, and you lost the two flagship programs of the WCHA to the Big Ten Conference. Pretty bleak future for you all.

You mean the two flagship programs who have been done for almost a month now?

• Upvote 1

How is dominating in every aspect of the game except the score choking? How can anyone with a brain blame that on Hackstol? Typical classless goof fan, their championship was just won! Thats the Sioux losing. Classy! They played an excellent game, just got caught by a goalie playing on his head, I predict the Dogs shelling this guy, because he was so far up for the game against the Sioux, that the Dogs will knock him back to reality! Go get em Dogs!!! 40-18 shots on goal and losing is not a choke, LOSER!!

You look about as classy as that dude right now trolling a teams mesage board at 9:00 in the morning.. And, oh, what a suprise, you don't mention which team you cheer for...

NIce life dude... I'm sure you're happy deep down about how your life turned out right? You must be to need to pull this crap to feel better about yourself, correct?

Really how did he get outcoached last night? Maybe that Michigan's prayers were answered and they got a lucky bounce and a goalie playing the game of his life? Michigan was totally outplayed if that was their coaches gameplan than I guess it worked perfectly. Haha you have no idea TROLL!

You look about as classy as that dude right now trolling a teams mesage board at 9:00 in the morning.. And, oh, what a suprise, you don't mention which team you cheer for...

NIce life dude... I'm sure you're happy deep down about how your life turned out right? You must be to need to pull this crap to feel better about yourself, correct?

Not specifically, but it's pretty obvious.

And the fact that it happened at the X in the Gopher's backyard for all of us to enjoy makes it that much sweeter.

d-bag.. congrats you know nothing about hockey! you win!

Well if last night wasn't the biggest choke then which year was it? 2005? 2006? 2007? Or was it 2008? The UNH game in '09 (.1 seconds)? Yale in 2010?

Just asking.

Nope. Biggest choke was Holy Cross and you have been completely irrelevant since then.

I guess it is good to hide behind your big brother (Michigan) and stick your head out every once in a while and say - yeah, take that.

Well if last night wasn't the biggest choke then which year was it? 2005? 2006? 2007? Or was it 2008? The UNH game in '09 (.1 seconds)? Yale in 2010?

Just asking.

The gophers ended their season to Alaska.. and have been golfing for a month now. Leave us alone.

Nope. Biggest choke was Holy Cross and you have been completely irrelevant since then.

I guess it is good to hide behind your big brother (Michigan) and stick your head out every once in a while and say - yeah, take that.

Maybe biggest choke might be a month ago losing to UAA at home in best of three.

This was absolutely not a choke, the Sioux played the style they have played, they style of game they want to play but simply did not get the puck in the net. That's it. Were they as sharp as they could have been, in my opinion absolutely not but sometimes that's attributed to the opponent and sometimes its just how the puck bounces. Give credit to UM - they played exceptional in the neutral zone and were very quick to clear the puck from the scoring areas. Obviously Hunwick played very well when they needed him, but like he said he was able to see many of the 40 shots fairly clearly. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. It was a good season, but a letdown for fans but most importantly for the players and coaches who dedicated themselves to winning, and clearly put the necessary work in to make it happen. In my opinion, it was a successful season. Sure, we expect championships in this program but these young men are student athletes and I believe they have learned a great lesson to be used their entire lives...Hard work, loyalty and dedication help you move forward but in the end, things don't always work out as you plan or as you wish. Looking forward to next year.

Six years ago, but if that makes you feel better go ahead. Yale hadn't won an NCAA tournament game since the 50's... until they played the sue. You should be embarrassed to even mention Holy Cross after 5 straight losses in the Frozen Four.

Maybe biggest choke might be a month ago losing to UAA at home in best of three.

best of three is the key here. as we saw, it just takes one goalie having one good night to win in a one and done. best of three loss means the gophers have really sunk to the level of "not a factor". now they're posting on our message board after a loss in the frozen four. the frozen four!!

the goofs can't beat alaska anchorage in a best of three, at home, and they're ragging on a team who dominated in a national semifinal game but just went against a goalie having his best game of his life.

how ironic that the mighty douche would talk about classless behavior while opening this thread.

i can honestly say i've never posted on the gophers' message board, not once. not even through their recent years of bottom feeding, losing to teams like holy cross and uaa, yet this guy comes on our board talking smack about a sioux team that did all the right things but got unlucky and calls us classless? what a gem.

• Upvote 1

Six years ago, but if that makes you feel better go ahead. Yale hadn't won an NCAA tournament game since the 50's... until they played the sue. You should be embarrassed to even mention Holy Cross after 5 straight losses in the Frozen Four.

This coming from a team that can all the advantages that you have and still can't make your own conference tourney. UAA wasn't six years ago - it wasn't even six weeks ago.

You certainly don't have to worry about Frozen Four losses so you have that protection

better than 3 straight non appearances in the National Tourny

Some threads need to NOT be replied to...

I'm only posting now because this is being kept high on the thread list by everyone voicing their opinion.

Don't feed the trolls, it just keeps this thread alive!

Let it sift down out of site, where it deserves to be...

choyt3 has the best idea: http://forum.siouxsp...ea=ignoredusers

better than 3 straight non appearances in the National Tourny

i think there's plenty of reason to believe that streak will continue. let's not forget two seasons in a row now with no final five appearance either. one of those season losing in two straight at home to uaa and the other losing in three to who? the Sioux! by a combined score of 12-4.

really not much room to talk i'd say. perhaps mighty lame should stick to aha message boards. i bet the gophers could make the conference tournament once every few years or so if they competed in the atlantic hockey association.

This coming from a team that can all the advantages that you have and still can't make your own conference tourney. UAA wasn't six years ago - it wasn't even six weeks ago.

You certainly don't have to worry about Frozen Four losses so you have that protection

Name one advantage Minnesota has that North Dakota doesn't. Just one.