SiouxSports.com Forum

Good luck from the other ND

Notredave09

We had awful fans behind us at the Final Five from Duluth. At one point during the weekend my dad actually turned around and told tell them to quit yelling profanity in our ears the entire game (he didn't do it very nicely either). They were actually yelling at Dave Berger, who was sitting down by the penalty box a few rows in front of us during the CC game. They would yell at Sioux fans every time they stood up for an exciting moment or a rush.......wow....its a hockey game....don't get excited.... :glare:

I know UND has "those fans" too. And when we end up sitting by "those fans" we do our best to try and mellow them out a little bit. The Duluth fans made it be known that they were rooting for CC like no other.....

Lets go Irish! :blush:

I'm with you. I had always cheered for UMD in the past. Final Five kind of ruined it for me, there were some jerks, and I didn't see a single UMD fan cheering for UND. I have to say "GO IRISH".

I'm with you. I had always cheered for UMD in the past. Final Five kind of ruined it for me, there were some jerks, and I didn't see a single UMD fan cheering for UND. I have to say "GO IRISH".

Funny how the Final Five brings out the worst in UMD fans. I have not met a single respectable UMD hockey fan. EVER. My cousin does not count even though he went to UMD and supports their athletic programs. I knew him BEFORE he went to UMD, so he does not count. 3 years ago the UMD fans behind me ruined my FInal FIve experience and since that I have never cheered for UMD since.

Like I told my mother this morning, "Why would I cheer for a team with terrible fans that wouldn't cheer for us in the same situation?"

Go Irish indeed.

I am a UMD fan and have attended the final five for years and have always supported the Sioux, expecially when playing against the Gophers. I have seen asshole Sioux fans at the final five every year, but I have never considered them representative of the entire Sioux fan body.

However, from reading this thread, I guess all the UMD fans are bad because of some assholes at the final five...

GO Michigan!

I am a UMD fan and have attended the final five for years and have always supported the Sioux, expecially when playing against the Gophers. I have seen asshole Sioux fans at the final five every year, but I have never considered them representative of the entire Sioux fan body.

However, from reading this thread, I guess all the UMD fans are bad because of some assholes at the final five...

GO Michigan!

I apologize that I've never met a decent individual from your fan base.

I apologize that I've never met a decent individual from your fan base.

I understand, why not judge a whole group by the actions of some of its members....

I met somebody last year who did not like the Sioux logo, I told them I didn't agree with what was happening and thought the NCAA was full of it, but I guess I had better change my view and assume everybody wants the logo changed.

By the way, I will still cheer for the Sioux against Michigan because when the dust settles on the Frozen Four I will still enjoy watching the Sioux and if UMD can beat Notre Dame, I want them to beat the best to win the title.

...also, I will never cheer for a big ten team.

I understand, why not judge a whole group by the actions of some of its members....

I met somebody last year who did not like the Sioux logo, I told them I didn't agree with what was happening and thought the NCAA was full of it, but I guess I had better change my view and assume everybody wants the logo changed.

By the way, I will still cheer for the Sioux against Michigan because when the dust settles on the Frozen Four I will still enjoy watching the Sioux and if UMD can beat Notre Dame, I want them to beat the best to win the title.

I know what you are saying...but you are asking me to judge a whole group by the actions of SOME of it's members (good fans like you) In other words, the majority of UMD fans I've met over the years at the Final Five are complete a-holes. It made me sad actually, I had always cheered for your squad...seeing the hatred shown towards North Dakota hockey was like finding out a friend had backstabbed me after years of friendship!

I know what you are saying...but you are asking me to judge a whole group by the actions of SOME of it's members (good fans like you) In other words, the majority of UMD fans I've met over the years at the Final Five are complete a-holes. It made me sad actually, I had always cheered for your squad...seeing the hatred shown towards North Dakota hockey was like finding out a friend had backstabbed me after years of friendship!

I feel the same way. UMD had always been my second favorite team. I always cheered for them when they weren't playing us. I even have a sweatshirt specially made by a good friend (her daughter is a UMD grad and a current UND 2nd yr med student) that says 'This Sioux's for you' with the Bulldog crest below the lettering. Seeing the UMD fans join UM fans cheer against us has been surprising. I've retired my sweatshirt.

I feel the same way. UMD had always been my second favorite team. I always cheered for them when they weren't playing us. I even have a sweatshirt specially made by a good friend (her daughter is a UMD grad and a current UND 2nd yr med student) that says 'This Sioux's for you' with the Bulldog crest below the lettering. Seeing the UMD fans join UM fans cheer against us has been surprising. I've retired my sweatshirt.

Mine is retired as well.

As for this Sioux Fan, i'll be cheering for Duluth. Love to see an all WCHA final.

Well all, the classless UMD fan that was on the Paul Allen show this morning has changed my mind. When he took a shot at UND as saying at least his team has both feet with 10 toes, that was it. I am now going to be looking for the little leprechaun's to beat the bulldogs up. Talk about a classless comment. This kid could have lost his life and they talk like that? WOW.

I feel for you djk96, as I believe you feel like a majority of Sioux fans felt about UMD. I personally haven't had the negative experiences that some have had here, but when your fan base represents themselves how some have stated, it makes it tough to cheer for that team. I still want an all wcha championship, but only one needs to make it. Go Sioux!!!

Well all, the classless UMD fan that was on the Paul Allen show this morning has changed my mind. When he took a shot at UND as saying at least his team has both feet with 10 toes, that was it. I am now going to be looking for the little leprechaun's to beat the bulldogs up. Talk about a classless comment. This kid could have lost his life and they talk like that? WOW.

Yeah, he was pretty arrogant. He took a shot at us because he had nothing else to say when it was pointed out that our powerplay statistically is better than UMD's since that was how he said UMD was going to beat us.... when we start taking stupid penalties....

Speaking of classless... I liked the one Gopher fan on GPL that said they hope Michigan injures Frattin. :glare:

Boourns :(

That sweatshirt was much appreciated at Regionals in 2009!

Sounds like we are building some animosity between Bulldog and Sioux fans....that could be very interesting for the UMTC and UW less WCHA in a couple years...

Could be a lot of fun!

Boourns :(

That sweatshirt was much appreciated at Regionals in 2009!

Sounds like we are building some animosity between Bulldog and Sioux fans....that could be very interesting for the UMTC and UW less WCHA in a couple years...

Could be a lot of fun!

A heated rivalry is one thing, being a$$clown dbags is another. As I said I haven't encountered these types of dog fans, but some here obviously have. I don't think being rivals means we cant be civil to each other. Incidents like the one between Sioux and goof fans outside the Ralph last season does nothing but lessen both fan bases. ALL fan bases have bad fans, let's keep it to a minimum. In the end, we all love college hockey. Go Sioux!!

A heated rivalry is one thing, being a$$clown dbags is another. As I said I haven't encountered these types of dog fans, but some here obviously have. I don't think being rivals means we cant be civil to each other. Incidents like the one between Sioux and goof fans outside the Ralph last season does nothing but lessen both fan bases. ALL fan bases have bad fans, let's keep it to a minimum. In the end, we all love college hockey. Go Sioux!!

Well said, nodak. Without rivalry between teams, we may as well stay home and play solitaire. My best-friend's husband is a die hard Packers (excuse me, I just spit-up) fan and I'm a born and bred Bears fan. We have had the best fun playing jokes on one another, trash-talking, etc. but we still love and respect each other. There are teams *cough, Goofers, cough* that I don't like and will NEVER cheer for but I don't 'hate' other fans just because of who they cheer for but I have certainly felt hatred directed at me by many from a different fan base. Geeze, why does it have to be like that??

At the regionals in 2009, I had a blast with the 'Dawg fans. What happened? ???

We had awful fans behind us at the Final Five from Duluth. At one point during the weekend my dad actually turned around and told tell them to quit yelling profanity in our ears the entire game (he didn't do it very nicely either). They were actually yelling at Dave Berger, who was sitting down by the penalty box a few rows in front of us during the CC game. They would yell at Sioux fans every time they stood up for an exciting moment or a rush.......wow....its a hockey game....don't get excited.... :glare:

I know UND has "those fans" too. And when we end up sitting by "those fans" we do our best to try and mellow them out a little bit. The Duluth fans made it be known that they were rooting for CC like no other.....

With all of the ripping of UMD fans at the Final Five I do want to mention that a couple rows behind us in Sec 105 there is a UMD fan and his Dad who is a casual UM fan who have had those seats for as many years as we've had ours (since the tourney moved to the X). A couple of years ago when Duluth won the Final Five from the Thursday night game we turned around as he was basking in the atmosphere and told him how happy we were for him. All these years he's come whether his team was there or not. Never a jerk, just there to enjoy the hockey. He appreciated the support and he and his Dad both said how much they respected me and my 2 buddies as we are always there as well, for every game, and always felt that we were classy fans and not jerks. It's kind of fun now where each year we spend some time shooting the shix and appreciating the tournament.

I still like Duluth a lot and am glad that we were insulated from the jerks that so many others appear to have run into.

Drunk Hockey Guy's comments on KFAN? What do you expect?

How could anyone yell at Dave Berger?!? :)

siouxforce19, does mommy bring breakfast down to the basement or make ya come up to eat?

I'm not sure what your problem is buddy, but I suggest taking your condescending attitude and leaving before I rip you a new one.

I apologize for having a good relationship with my mother and for having a conversation over the phone about hockey with her. :glare:

And since you didn't actually quote anything I said, I have no idea what you took offense to. I stand by my opinion and you seem to be the only one that has a problem with what I said, so maybe it's time to grow up.

How could anyone yell at Dave Berger?!? :)

I yelled at Dave Berger a couple of times as he was walking up the steps but he never acknowledged me. I wanted to know if he picked the Sioux in the championship game, because his first couple of picks of the tournament were not.....quite so hot. :D

I yelled at Dave Berger a couple of times as he was walking up the steps but he never acknowledged me. I wanted to know if he picked the Sioux in the championship game, because his first couple of picks of the tournament were not.....quite so hot. :D

I had a terrible weekend, prediction-wise, at the Final Five. Ugh.

By all other accounts, though, it was a success! And sorry I didn't stop, or wave, or say hello. I get in a zone sometimes... (my wife would say "all the time")

Dave

Man, UND fans are just the worst. I sat near this UND fan at the Final Five this year. He was loud, obnoxious, vulgar, and he and his drunken friend wouldn't sit down. He kept turning around to yell at me and was spitting on me. Then he kicked me, and spilled my pop all over me! Finally the arena staff banished him and his friend to the top of the section because they were afraid the two fans were going to fall over the edge. And because their dancing was atrocious.

Oh wait.

That was just Diggler (aka Dirty). And I get the displeasure of sitting next to him this weekend again!

:lol::lol::lol: