SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BEAVERS - Sunday Edition

AZSIOUX

His GAA is now 1.98. Not too shabby.

Save %: .918 (T20), first is .929 (Shane Madolora, RIT; James Mello, Dartmouth)

Shutouts: 4 (T4), first has 6 (John Faulkner, UNO)

Frattin is a men among boys, and has been a huge piece of this conference title puzzle. However, I have said before, and I'll say this again, Dell has been the most important piece of all. Eidsness, who was decent in his first two years, just wasn't the same during pretty much all of his stints this year. It would almost surely be a totally different scenario for the Sioux without Dell. I think we'd have a better chance of winning a National Championship without Frattin than without Dell.

That's saying something because Frattin, this year, might be the most impressive Sioux player we've had in quite some time, and there's some big time players that headline that list.

I'm surprised we didn't see Eidsness - I think it would be to our advantage to give him some playing time before the playoffs.

I am not, I don't think we are going to see him again unless he plays against MTU... Dell is in the zone right now.

Someone on the women's hockey chat mentioned that Gregoire was not on the ice during the last few minutes of the game. Did anyone else notice this? Did TV or radio say anything about him being injured or heading to the locker room?

Gregoire did leave about midway through the third and missed a couple of shifts and then came back. not long after gregoire left I saw poolman come up and mention something to hak. I also noticed that rowney was absent for about the last 5 minutes or so and wasn't there for the handshake.

I am not, I don't think we are going to see him again unless he plays against MTU... Dell is in the zone right now.

If we win on Friday, I'd actually be very surprised if we don't see Eidsness in net on Saturday. Brad even mentioned in his chat last week that he thinks Eidsness might get a start at Tech.

It would make a lot of sense to play Eidsness in the series vs Tech. If anything would require that he play in the playoffs, he needs to have had some (successful) game experience before that would happen.

Regarding the career points totals for a number of fine Sioux players reaching the 100 pt mark, it makes it even more amazing to remember that in the 1986-87 season, Tony Hrkac had 116 points that year, and Bob Joyce had a season total of 52 goals. Wow!

This year's team seems to have all the parts needed to be successful in the playoffs. (I just wish Frattin was a future Blackhawk, rather than a Leaf).

I did see Danny Kristo at the game yesterday. He was still on crutches but there was no walking boot. I did notice that he was wearing what looked to be a leather glove on one of his hands. I don't know if there is any hope for him to play any more this season, but looks like a full recovery is well underway. Would like to hear someone from the team say if he is out for the rest of the season. With the Final 5 just under 3 weeks away and the NC$$ regionals the following week, maybe the coaching staff is still holding out hope that he could be back. Even though Cichy is playing well, it would be nice to have Danny on that line for the stretch run.