SiouxSports.com Forum

Open and Transparent ...

The Sicatoka

Here's what we know:

[*]At some undetermined time, UND will select "...a new identity around which the entire University of North Dakota community can rally..."

[*]"The specific approach to choosing a new nickname and logo has not yet been developed."

[*]"President Kelley will decide when and how to implement the process and, ultimately, will choose the University

You've obviously read something wrong because President Kelley didn't take the steps to retire the nickname until the state board told him to. He was doing as he was told by his bosses...you would be expected to do the same. And if you really believe that crap the Douple supposedly told Kolpack, then you're crazier than McFeeley.

President Kelly and the UND administration told the Board to start to retire the nickname.

My statement stands.

I am still flabbergasted one man gets to choose the nickname.

• 2 weeks later...

If UND made a decision to ditch the Fighting Sioux nickname without fully involving all its stakeholders, why should it be so hard to believe that it will pick a new nickname without involving those same people?

If UND made a decision to ditch the Fighting Sioux nickname without fully involving all its stakeholders, why should it be so hard to believe that it will pick a new nickname without involving those same people?

Is it possible UND will hire the same firm as the Big 10 did to help with the divisions and new names for them--I think it was the "Leaders and Legends" for the division names.

Is it possible UND will hire the same firm as the Big 10 did to help with the divisions and new names for them--I think it was the "Leaders and Legends" for the division names.

God I hope not!!! :angry: