SiouxSports.com Forum

No Love From the Gov

DamStrait

Crap-sack Pawlenty apparently wants to do something disparaging to a beautiful Fighting Sioux hockey sweater, but lacks the 'nads to come right out and say it. See towards the bottom of the linked article. :silly:

COLLEGE HOCKEY: Governor takes it on boards in N.D.

I think what he wants to paste to the sweater ought to be stitched to his hide instead. ???

"They don't seem to want it," he said of the two-time defending NCAA champions. "They're a little lackadaisical."

Perhaps realizing his comments sounded a bit negative, Pawlenty laughed and added, "It's early." He also noted that two or three questionable calls by the officials didn't help the Gophers' cause, "but I don't want to be a whiner."

Then why are you?

"They don't seem to want it," he said of the two-time defending NCAA champions. "They're a little lackadaisical."

Perhaps realizing his comments sounded a bit negative, Pawlenty laughed and added, "It's early." He also noted that two or three questionable calls by the officials didn't help the Gophers' cause, "but I don't want to be a whiner."

Then why are you?

Have the Gov and Woog been meeting for lunch once a week?

Isn't it interesting that Pawlenty says that UND's best players come from Minnesota when arguably Minnesota's best players, or at least most valuable players, the past 2 years are from Austria and North Dakota? :silly:

That is not a slam because UND's best players may well come from Minnesota with Parise and Bochenski, but the Sioux have had and continue to have many of the "best" players from other places as well, including North Dakota (Panzer brothers, Schneider, etc), Illinois (Jones, Spiewak, Duberman), Colorado (David Hale), Michigan (Greene) and Canada (Brady Murray, Roche, etc.).

What is the deal with this guy? With the "Sioux S" comment, he must be a grad of NDSU (Silo Tech). :silly:

I would encourage him to follow through. Then he can deal with AIM and the name-change crowd for a while. It would serve him right.

Dear Governor Pawlenty,

We have received the extra letters (a P, two Es, a W) we needed to complete your specially modified jersey. It will be ready for you to meet your commitments.

At no additional cost we have also added verbage to the back. All statements are shown below:

(front)

Sioux

Sweep

(back)

Gophers

Weep

Signed,

The makers of the shirt on your back :silly: