SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Trivia

Sioux-cia

450 points divided by four brothers...two sets?

There are a few in Sioux lore- Johnsons and Panzers and Hoogsteens for sure.....Burgraffs, DePieros, almost any brother set with the Panzers or Johnsons...Greg and Corey Johnson has 309 career points, the Panzers had 372, the Hoogsteens had 267, Burgraffs 199, DePieros 200

So the real question is what two sets of brothers had 681 points?!

Add in Ryan Johnson's 47 points and the Thunder Bay Johnsons are at 356. 728 points from two households.

Here's a great source for this info: http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=204967359

450 points divided by four brothers...two sets?

There are a few in Sioux lore- Johnsons and Panzers and Hoogsteens for sure.....Burgraffs, DePieros, almost any brother set with the Panzers or Johnsons...Greg and Corey Johnson has 309 career points, the Panzers had 372, the Hoogsteens had 267, Burgraffs 199, DePieros 200

So the real question is what two sets of brothers had 681 points?!

The original question asked which two sets of brothers from the same city had over 450 points, but it is fun to see all the great brother combinations over the years.

I would think that Steve and Chad Johnson would do that. I believe that they have well over 200 points between them.

Not even close to that. Chad had only like 23 points in his three years. He could have had more than Steve though. In reality Chad could have been better than the TB Johnsons, Panzers, or the Hoogsteens.

Not even close to that. Chad had only like 23 points in his three years. He could have had more than Steve though. In reality Chad could have been better than the TB Johnsons, Panzers, or the Hoogsteens.

The Media Guide lists Chad with 22 points and Steve with 191. 22+191=213. 213>200. I said that between the 2 brothers they had more than 200 points, so that when combined with the Panzer brothers you had 2 sets of brothers that added up to more than 450 points. How is that not even close?

Why do you say Chad could have been better that Greg J or Jeff P? With only 23 pts in 3 years--what was holding him back?

If that's true, and if Hoogsteen/DePiero/Thunder Bay is the closest competition, GF gets the brothers award for total points. Jeez, Panzers' 372 is a lot of points. They must have put up some scary numbers at Central.

They were pretty sick...They skated with Erik Ness who also played a little D1 for UMD...might be the only nodak high school line ever to send all 3 to D1...although i'm not sure who potulny and irmen skated with...

The Media Guide lists Chad with 22 points and Steve with 191. 22+191=213. 213>200. I said that between the 2 brothers they had more than 200 points, so that when combined with the Panzer brothers you had 2 sets of brothers that added up to more than 450 points. How is that not even close?

My bad! I read it as 300 points not 200.

If that's true, and if Hoogsteen/DePiero/Thunder Bay is the closest competition, GF gets the brothers award for total points. Jeez, Panzers' 372 is a lot of points. They must have put up some scary numbers at Central.

If I remember correctly, Jeff didn't even finish with Central High School. I thought he was in Fargo his senior year of high school, playing for the Ice Sharks.

If I remember correctly, Jeff didn't even finish with Central High School. I thought he was in Fargo his senior year of high school, playing for the Ice Sharks.

I believe that is true. I know he wasn't around for teh senior season, but do not recall where he went. This sounds correct.

Brothers have been a big part of Sioux tradition. How about Fathers and Sons? Who were the highest scoring Father/Son pairs? There's probably a Johnson F/S combo that scored a lot, and I know Chorney's dad played. And since things are going to get a little slow around here in the next week or two, any father/brothers combos?

Not talking about the Appalachia kind of father/brother combo . . . leave that for the gopher fanbase.

Brothers have been a big part of Sioux tradition. How about Fathers and Sons? Who were the highest scoring Father/Son pairs? There's probably a Johnson F/S combo that scored a lot, and I know Chorney's dad played. And since things are going to get a little slow around here in the next week or two, any father/brothers combos?

Not talking about the Appalachia kind of father/brother combo . . . leave that for the gopher fanbase.

Lamoureux's :)