SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Info Needed

gfhockey

This will be my first time down in st.paul if i get everythign squared away. So please help me if i have anything mistakin.

1. ticket--> buy them right now off of excel energy center.com and then in february they send u the packages of where u sit

2. Hotel--> Holiday in? i heard thats where more sioux fans hang out and has the open bar

what else shoudl i need to plan for?

This will be my first time down in st.paul if i get everything squared away. So please help me if i have anything mistaking.

1. ticket--> buy them right now off of excel energy center.com and then in february they send u the packages of where u sit

2. Hotel--> Holiday in? i heard that's where more Sioux fans hang out and has the open bar

what else should i need to plan for?

The Holiday Inn rooms won't be around long, If you want to stay there you might want to reserve your room, we already have ours reserved and they go fast. If you can get a room at the Holiday Inn it's nice because everything that you need will be within walking/stumbling distance.

This will be my first time down in st.paul if i get everythign squared away. So please help me if i have anything mistakin.

2. Hotel--> Holiday in? i heard thats where more sioux fans hang out and has the open bar

It is a great time every year. Lots of great hockey fans (and the obligatory bad ones), but all in all the people, the venue, and the event are pretty much first class...it's done really well.

I'd recommend checking out Alary's bar if you've never been there...especially if you are a red-blooded male...

The Holiday Inn is right next to the arena.

Do you have some good intel on this bar, what kind of bar is it?

It is usually a Chicago sports and cop bar, but at the Final Five it comes alive with hockey fans...the bartenders and all wait staff are generally well, umm, young and attractive women who wear hot pants and halter tops.

Clothes stay on, it is not THAT kind of establishment... :ohmy:

It is a great time every year. Lots of great hockey fans (and the obligatory bad ones), but all in all the people, the venue, and the event are pretty much first class...it's done really well.

I'd recommend checking out Alary's bar if you've never been there...especially if you are a red-blooded male...

The Holiday Inn is right next to the arena.

If you listen to GPL crowd the Sioux have a monopoly on bad fans. Apparently they can't hear their own fans in that regard. After Blake Wheelers goal in O.T. at the Final Five it was unbelievable how many people could get in your face just walking up the stairs from the bottom of the arena. It got so bad that a friend of mine who is usually very calm yelled back at one of them to wait for the regional when we were again berated with a barrage out on the street. Turns out he was right and Chris Porter put an end to their season. Until after the Woog years, there was not one time I went to the new and old Mariucci when fans didn't remind us that we had a bunch of old Canadians, NOT ONCE! Don't know if they believe the garbage they are fed or not. Once again, there are bad apples in all fan groups.

Ignorant, disappointed fans who've had seven or eight beers can put a negative tone on the weekend...all in all, I have a blast, I go every year, and I will go every year.

True, you just have to find a way to tune that out. Needless to say, it is much easier to tune it out when the Sioux win. Final Five is always a good time regardless, but wonder when/if the Big Ten Conference comes about what happens to the tournament.

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Shoreview for $59/night through Expedia. While we have to drive to the X, parking is only $10 a couple of blocks away and it is a very nice hotel. Besides, it is close to Hoggsbreath for the Saturday morning SiouxSports brunch organized by MafiaMan.

Last year was different than years past without the Goph's there. It made for a less crowded, more pleasurable experience. It's always fun to watch the Gophers fans lose at the final five, however.

They have a habit of cheering against the sioux no matter who we're playing which can get a bit annoying...

Advice: Buy the cheapest tickets you can, and then move to better seats. There always seems to be a lot of no-shows at the Final Five for some reason. People buy the 5 game ticket pack and then don't go to several of the games.

Last year was different than years past without the Goph's there. It made for a less crowded, more pleasurable experience. It's always fun to watch the Gophers fans lose at the final five, however.

They have a habit of cheering against the sioux no matter who we're playing which can get a bit annoying...

Advice: Buy the cheapest tickets you can, and then move to better seats. There always seems to be a lot of no-shows at the Final Five for some reason. People buy the 5 game ticket pack and then don't go to several of the games.

It was awesome not having the Gophers in the Final Five last year and it could be a repeat this season again too...

The open bar is down at the Embassy which is near Alary's. There are also many Sioux fans that stay there. I've done both. Both are pricey, however. Its an expensive area (location, location, location). As long as the sioux win, what else is there?

I heard Kangas already bought tickets. I guess he doesn't want to miss it two years in a row. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Seriously doubt that any rooms will be available in December at the Holiday Inn Express. Those rooms book in the Spring. Stayed there once and it was too chaotic for me. The bar was so packed that people were shoulder to shoulder and you couldn't move a foot in any direction. We had no hot water in the morning and their parking is very limited. Goopher drunk tried to pick a fight with my son who was twice his size, sober and generally very easy going. The drunk managed to piss my kid off big time in short order and all I can say is I'm glad the elevator came when it did and I was able to shove my son into it or there would have been one Goof fan in the hospital and one Sioux fan in jail. We usually stay at the Hilton Gardens in St. Paul. Short walk to the X, close to everywhere we want to go and adequate parking. Book my room in the summer generally around July.

The Final Five is a great time for hockey fans; great hockey, great fans, great atmospher, and lots of fun!

Seriously doubt that any rooms will be available in December at the Holiday Inn Express. Those rooms book in the Spring. Stayed there once and it was too chaotic for me. The bar was so packed that people were shoulder to shoulder and you couldn't move a foot in any direction. We had no hot water in the morning and their parking is very limited. Goopher drunk tried to pick a fight with my son who was twice his size, sober and generally very easy going. The drunk managed to piss my kid off big time in short order and all I can say is I'm glad the elevator came when it did and I was able to shove my son into it or there would have been one Goof fan in the hospital and one Sioux fan in jail. We usually stay at the Hilton Gardens in St. Paul. Short walk to the X, close to everywhere we want to go and adequate parking. Book my room in the summer generally around July.

The Final Five is a great time for hockey fans; great hockey, great fans, great atmospher, and lots of fun!

I love staying at the Holiday INN and the Liffy bar is pretty cool but I ran into one of the dumbest SCSU Fan known to man last spring.

And don't forget Hoggsbreath this year!