SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 - 2011 ND High School Hockey

Stackin Da Pads

Talked with a few people tonite and said that tonites session even though its in grand forks with all fargo teams but grafton had more attendance in it then the east region last year thursday nite session. Cheaper rent at purper plus more people paying equals a hell of a lot more money. I understand state is going to the scheels center in 2 years and the scheels cetner will ahve the edc next year and they hope it draws well as they barely broke even last year for the edc tournament there. KUDOS to devils lake in bringing more people than GFC had there. GFC barely had a student seciton whereas red river maybe had a 10 row deep one still not that great but i guess you could make the argument the kids have to pay to watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Now 3-0 Grafton in the third period.

Tomorrow's matchups in the EDC:

Davies vs. Devils Lake

North vs. South (what a great loser out game this will be)

Red River vs. Central (what a great win and in game)

West Fargo vs. Grafton (another great hockey game)

Tomorrow's matchups in the WDA:

Dickinson vs. Jamestown

Bottineau vs. Hazen

Bismarck High vs. Bismarck Century

Mandan vs. Minot

So far today, in the West: Jamestown takes out Dickinson 7-1 and Bottineau takes out Hazen-Beulah 6-2. In the East: South takes out North 3-2 and Devils Lake takes out Davies 3-1. In the first game of the evening in the West, Century is up 3-0 on Bismarck High after the 1st.

WOW was the purpur packed tonite. Unbelievable the support it had even with the womens hockey big sell out campaign 3201 in effect. GFRR and GFC played a dousy of a game. RR dominated first two periods and GFC dominated the last period and RR won 5-3 with a empty netter. this game was intense/heavy hitting from the beginning. Lizotte from RR is a stud. I suspect he wll be in the ushl next year even tho hes a sophmore. U no its a gfc vs gfrr game when the city had to plow off the gfc practice football fields for more parking lol!

State Tournament Pairings:

(#1 West) Bismarck Century vs. (#4 East) Grand Forks Central

(#2 East) Grafton Park River vs. (#3 West) Bismarck High School

(#1 East) Grand Forks Red River vs. (#4 West) Jamestown

(#2 West) Minot vs. (#3 East) West Fargo

State Tournament Pairings:

(#1 West) Bismarck Century vs. (#4 East) Grand Forks Central

(#2 East) Grafton Park River vs. (#3 West) Bismarck High School

(#1 East) Grand Forks Red River vs. (#4 West) Jamestown

(#2 West) Minot vs. (#3 East) West Fargo

Looks like the same ol schools are in..except I don't remember the last time West Fargo was there.....GO CENTRAL!!!!!!!

Couple interesting matchups.

Century and Central probably the game of the day, If central gets alot of quality shot they will expose Century's goaltending, he has not really been challenged this year but does have good stats. Century has a great first line and some nice defense but I don't know if they will contain the Johnson line.i got Central 5-3 with a empty netter.

BHS and G/PR is another interesting matchup . BHS beat them earlier in the year but I think they will see a different Grafton team. G/PR 5-1. BHS could stay in it if they get goaltending but I don't see it happening.

RR and J-town. I'm afraid this one is going to be ugly. RR 9-1.

Minot and West Fargo. Best goalie in the state against one of the highest scoring teams. Meddler can steal games for Minot but I think WF is too much. WF 4-2. Outshooting Minot badly.

I hope I am wrong being a fan of the west but I think the east is just better this year. I guess we will see.

Anyone know what radio stations carry the games. I'm guessing there will be a GF station carrying the 2 GF games, I doubt any Bismarck or Fargo station will carry anything. I think 1390 or 910 will carry the Minot game and I'm sure Grafton will get some coverage from their home station. Anyone know what the GF stations are though?

I hope this is just a rumor about these Red River players, but unfortunately drinking and drug use is becoming more and more popular amongst high school athletes. I don't think there is a high school hockey team in the state that hasn't lost a player to "training violations" within the last five years.

Best of luck to all teams at the state hockey tournament this weekend. Here are my predictions: (this is if red river has their full team)

Central over Century

Grafton over BHS

RR over Jamestown

WF over Minot

Grafton over Central

RR over WF

Red River over Grafton