SiouxSports.com Forum

Fun With Numbers

jk

This is updated through 5 games. This is how UND's and its opponents' scoring breaks down this year (UND's scoring listed first):

5x3 0-0 (When UND has the 5X3 advantage, neither team has scored.)

5x4 0-2

5x5 26-6

4x4 2-0

4x5 0-3

3x5 0-1

Bonus fun: Bochenski's career against the Gophers:

10/05/01 0-0-0

01/05/02 0-1-1

01/06/02 0-0-0

02/08/02 0-0-0

02/09/02 0-0-0

03/08/02 0-0-0

03/09/02 0-0-0

01/10/03 0-1-1

01/11/03 0-1-1

9 games 0-3-3

I respectfully submit that Money is due to score some goals against his home-town team. I also think it's necessary that he score for the team to do well.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping to see Bochenski break out of his slump against the Gophers and have a big weekend for the Sioux.

Those numbers at even strength are astounshing.

not so astounding if you take away a few games against the "powerhouse" of YALE... :glare:

WPoS

not so astounding if you take away a few games against the "powerhouse" of YALE... :glare:

WPoS

Here we go again. Even if tongue-in-cheek it is an old joke that has lost its luster.

Gopher fans would be better served focusing on their team's very poor performance thus far than the "powerhouses" other teams are playing.

btw, Omaha, Princeton and Bemidji are not exactly powerhouses, but I am sure after MN puts up 10 on Princeton and Vanek gets six points like against Huntsville last year we will all again here about the greatness.

Sorry for sounding bitter, but we have the greatest hockey rivalry in the country hitting GF this weekend and WPoS opts to remind us that UND just scored a lot of goals against a chump and uses the silly smilie. Who cares, UND won, Minnesota split, move on.

For all you know, Yale might turn out to be a powerhouse. The Sioux happened to play the Bulldogs at a time of the season that was very advantageous for UND.

Just because a team plays poorly in its first series of the season doesn't mean that it will play poorly all season long. At least, that's what Minnesota fans keep telling us. :D

Do I read this right?

Even strength (5x5, 4x4) we have outscored our opponents 28-6?

That is nearly as astounding as our ofer on the PP.

Yep, now think of it this way, MSU-M at one point last year was winning games by not scoring any goals even strenght. All of them were on the power play... I would rather have things this way. I think UND could break out of the slump in a hurry we will see if it this weekend or against the dirty Huskies...

Well, how about this:

In 5 games, 3 against top ranked opponents, they have scored a total of 6 even strength goals on us.

That's pretty good.

now that is a stat I can respect! Thanks dagies for not getting on my back like all of your bretheren!

for all you rest, all I was saying is you guys got a TON of points vs. Yale that inflates that stat a bit! Not that I minded those points, Murray is on my fantasy team.

WPoS

WPoS

you have a fantasy college hockey team? that is pretty neat

yah, if you remember back a ways I asked you guys for serious hints on upcoming Sioux freshmen. We are a bunch of Gopher fans and one JBSU fan that have league going...kinda fun

WPoS

Have to update this schedule. It is updated through 7 games. This is how UND's and its opponents' scoring breaks down this year (UND's scoring listed first):

5x3 1-0 (When UND has the 5X3 advantage, it has outscored its opponent 1-0.)

5x4 2-2

5x5 32-9

4x4 5-0

4x5 0-6

3x5 0-1

5x5 continues to look outstanding. Seven games, nine even-strength goals.

4x4 seems to tell a tale as well.

No shorties yet this year. That's going to be changing soon, I think.

I think up until last weekend UND had scored no PP goals and given up two SHG. Then last weekend they scored three PP goals, two 5x4 and one 5x3. So on the year, UND has now scored two goals while having the 5x4 advantage, and allowed two goals under the same circumstances.

You're right, though, there is something wrong with the stat: UND hasn't outscored their opponents when the opponent is short a man. Another stat that is due to change soon.

I might be missing something, but that's how I got the numbers.

Funny thing is that playing in the ECAC...Yale will finish as a TUC in the PWR.  So it'll count just as much as beating BC or Minnesota.

Yell at me if I am wrong...it's been a long day.  Do you know the required wing sweep angle to fly above Mach 2....?  ;) I do. :)

I guess that says how weak the EZAC is. I don't think Cornell is even that good. Can anyone think of the last time an EZAC team actually beat UND. I can't remember it in the past 10 years.

Thinking about numbers. You know what the latest retarded thing that Happy has said? Happy AKA "the Turd Nugget" claims Minnesota has played a tougher schedule that UND. Also this is the same genius that claims our schedule so far is weak. Is Happy calling UofM weak? Then UMD is the same team that swept the Gophers. Wow... Oh by the way UND is 6-1 and UofM is 2-6... A mind is a horrible thing to waste.

Redwing,

Here is another research project for you to work on while you feverishly search for information on Mapletoft!

When you figure out the answers please put them in a poll so we can all participate! :)

With a school like UND having a top notch aviation school attached, you'd think that this question wouldn't rise up, but then again, all aviation classes are about where they are going to fly this weekend and the location of the next party ;)

And, according to http://www.aoe.vt.edu/~mason/Mason_f/ConfigAeroDesignOpt.pdf , it should be swept 45 - 70 degrees. Seems high, but there you go. Sheesh.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys can even function without me :)