SiouxSports.com Forum

PA & Dubay

sprig

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't offer any insight to college hockey as far as I'm concerned. Anyone that says the Sioux have no talent at defense like Dubay did at the start of last year isn't worth listening to when it comes to college hockey. The Sioux only had first, second, third, and fifth round draft picks playing for them at the time. Add Nick Fuhrer as a talent and that is a pretty good crop of defense. I would say that NHL scouts know talent when they see it. Needless to say, I won't be listening to those clowns.

They don't offer any insight to college hockey as far as I'm concerned. Anyone that says the Sioux have no talent at defense like Dubay did at the start of last year isn't worth listening to when it comes to college hockey. The Sioux only had first, second, third, and fifth round draft picks playing for them at the time. Add Nick Fuhrer as a talent and that is a pretty good crop of defense. I would say that NHL scouts know talent when they see it. Needless to say, I won't be listening to those clowns.

amen.

These guys get paid for being goofy & outlandlish, kinda like Howard Stern but to a lesser degree. If they were dry & factual, they would lose listeners & be out of a job...Not that I would know coz I've never heard them, but that's what I gather from reading various posts...

YOu are right, they know squat, and several gopher posters (happy being one) spew what they hear from Dubay. Total garbage, but worthy of the crap they got from the Penalty Box today and the Sioux next weekend.

Another form of Ed Schultz, no need to have knowledge or half a brain, just be obnoxious and people listen.

Just a side note SD lets their residents hunt one weekend before the Non-resident pheasant hunters invade SD. So ND is not the only state that does this type of B.S.

As do Canadian provinces.

12" of snow here and yesterday was the last day of Ducktober. Mallards in an ice hole, which is iced over today and dux r gone.

As do Canadian provinces.

12" of snow here and yesterday was the last day of Ducktober. Mallards in an ice hole, which is iced over today and dux r gone.

Sprig are you talking about ND? It is getting cold in Grand Forks too. I am hoping there are going to be Geese available next weekend because we are suppose to go Goose hunting the morning of Deer opener...

Sprig are you talking about ND? It is getting cold in Grand Forks too. I am hoping there are going to be Geese available next weekend because we are suppose to go Goose hunting the morning of Deer opener...

Yes, Northwestern ND, 12 inches of snow on Wednesday, temps didn't reach 20 today, and, single digits tonight. Geese were migrating out of Canada all day long yesterday. If you don't have the snow where you're planning to hunt, it should be good. Done for out here.

Granted P.A. and Dubay know nothing about hockey, but they are still hilarious to listen to. They have jobs that any sports fan would want though. How many other jobs do you get to talk about sports and rip on other teams. If I grow up and get a job like that I'll be thrilled.

You don't have to agree with everything they say to like them. I listen to them and they rip on the Sioux whenever they talk about college hockey. They have a great way of talking about sports though in that they are like normal guys. If you watch ESPN you have to know a lot about the subject they're talking about because they go into such depth. P.A. and Dubay talk like normal beer drinking guys who know about as much as a human needs to know about sports.

Paul Allen is a decent football announcer for the Vikings,he is a homer but not irritating like the Blow Hard Fat Eddy "I shot my dog" Schultz. Dubay doesn't know much about sports at all, It is apparent by listening to him talk. I haven 't figured out what his claim to fame is, in fact I am not sure why he even is working filling in his role, maybe they didn't have anymore money to pay a real tallent.

Dubay is nothing more than partisan fan, he can't see past his maroon and gold colored glasses. On the flip side I do think Allen does a great job covering the vikes but he has no hockey background at all. PA pretty much admits this though. Dubay's claim to fame is basically him is a blurb of him saying in his sqeaky voice saying I think so after the Gophers were able to win their first NCAA title in 23 years against Maine.

I would love to be there at the ralph to mess with this clown but I will be hunting Deer in Devils Lake. Hey: its Deervember.

:D

Granted P.A. and Dubay know nothing about hockey, but they are still hilarious to listen to. They have jobs that any sports fan would want though. How many other jobs do you get to talk about sports and rip on other teams. If I grow up and get a job like that I'll be thrilled.

You don't have to agree with everything they say to like them. I listen to them and they rip on the Sioux whenever they talk about college hockey. They have a great way of talking about sports though in that they are like normal guys. If you watch ESPN you have to know a lot about the subject they're talking about because they go into such depth. P.A. and Dubay talk like normal beer drinking guys who know about as much as a human needs to know about sports.

If you are ESPN and work on Sportscenter you only have to know about basketball. The rest is spoonfed you through teleprompters. The exceptions being the shows that focus on the particular sport such as NHL tonight, Baseball tonight, etc.

Don't be too quick to laud a station that has no respect for any sports outside of basketball, baseball, and football. Even when there isn't anything happening in those three sports, they'll still throw on worthless things like world series of poker, billiards, and that crap. I could care less about who is the premier mens or women's pro bowler. If I wanted to watch bowling I'd go to Red Ray lanes :D

If you are ESPN and work on Sportscenter you only have to know about basketball. The rest is spoonfed you through teleprompters. The exceptions being the shows that focus on the particular sport such as NHL tonight, Baseball tonight, etc.

Don't be too quick to laud a station that has no respect for any sports outside of basketball, baseball, and football. Even when there isn't anything happening in those three sports, they'll still throw on worthless things like world series of poker, billiards, and that crap. I could care less about who is the premier mens or women's pro bowler. If I wanted to watch bowling I'd go to Red Ray lanes :D

I was just implying that they go in depth more on shows such as Baseball Tonight, NFL Tonight, and shows like that.

I happen to find the World Series of Poker very interesting by the way.

I somewhat surprised you guys get so worked up over these two clowns. The whole show (to me) is one big inside joke that is neither funny nor entertaining. They are basically just fallout due to the Body becoming guv.

That being said.....they are head & shoulders above the dope that follows them. Ug, is Cole a tool.