SiouxSports.com Forum

Please pray for Rutgers player

JESUS,family,rutgers

If you have a moment,please pray for one of our football players,Eric Le Grand of Colonia,NJ. He was involved in a kickoff tackle against Army Saturday in East Rutherford. After the very hard hit,he could not move. About a dozen medical staff from both Rutgers and Army went on the field to assist. Fortunately,one of the best neck/spinal injury hospitals in the country is in nearby Hackensack. As of this moment,no information has been released to the media.

If you have a moment,please pray for one of our football players,Eric Le Grand of Colonia,NJ. He was involved in a kickoff tackle against Army Saturday in East Rutherford. After the very hard hit,he could not move. About a dozen medical staff from both Rutgers and Army went on the field to assist. Fortunately,one of the best neck/spinal injury hospitals in the country is in nearby Hackensack. As of this moment,no information has been released to the media.

OWIE! I will send them out....I hope everything works out for him.

The media has reported that the injury is a C3/C4 spinal injury. I don't know much about medical situations,but we hope there is some form of at least partial recovery in the days and weeks ahead.

We all hope for the best for him and for his family. I will remember them in my prayers tonight. Thanks, JFR, for bringing it to our attention.

YaneA,you are very welcome.---If anyone out there would like to send a card,the address is Hackensack University Medical Center,c/o Eric LeGrand, 30 Prospect Avenue, Hackensack, NJ 07601 or you could send an email card through www.scarletknights.com. Thank you for all who do.

YaneA,you are very welcome.---If anyone out there would like to send a card,the address is Hackensack University Medical Center,c/o Eric LeGrand, 30 Prospect Avenue, Hackensack, NJ 07601 or you could send an email card through www.scarletknights.com. Thank you for all who do.

Done. Thanks for providing the address. When an athlete from any team is injured, I feel the same sadness and desire for a complete recovery as when it happens to a member of the Fighting Sioux. In the face of such pain, we all are on "the same side."

Hope to see you here in Grand Forks soon, JFR.

I know this isn't North Dakota related,but there is a video tribute to Eric LeGrand on the Rutgers sports website. If you go to www.scarletknights.com,look to the right of the front page and click on Knightvision. The tribute begins at abot the 8 minute mark.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX !!!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS !!!

BELIEVE 52

I don't know if this is a good sign or not,but two doctors at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia have volunteered to treat Eric with an experimental treatment.--Should anybody like to help Eric and his Mom a bit, the Eric LeGrand Believe Fund has been created. A local store,Scarlet Fever, that has been around for twenty years(and is actually owned by the former mascot) is selling T-shirts for kids and adults for $15 with 100% of the proceeds going to the fund. They can be purchased online at www.rutgersfever.com.

• 3 weeks later...

More good news just announced. Doctors have re-classified his injury from a complete to an incomplete spinal cord injury. From what I have read today,there is now at least a small chance he may be able to walk someday.Great to hear something so positive the day before Thanksgiving.

• 1 month later...

What a great way to start 2011 !!! --- It has just been reported by Rutgers that Eric Le Grand has some movement in his shoulders. The first interviews with Eric will be shown on the ESPN Sportscenters starting Friday morning. Keep the prayers coming !!!

BELIEVE 52 ERIC LEGRAND