03 Lamar (2-2)

71 Sam Houston State (3-1)

09 UC Davis (1-3)

20 Weber State (2-2)

25 Sacramento State (2-2)

28 Montana (2-2)

03 South Dakota State (0-3)

17 Nebraska (4-0)

The Gophers are really horrible. My god there is NO WAY Brewster could last. Just incredible a Big 10 team sucks so badly!

Has there ever been a worse head coach in the Big 10 than Tim Brewster? I can't think of anybody who compares to him in terms of ineptitude.

How about Jim Wacker or Glen Mason?

Wacker was pretty inept, but I don't think he lost to teams like South Dakota and Northern Illinois. Mason had a lot of .500 teams that beat up on tomato can teams but could not beat the top teams in the Big 10. Brewster takes mediocrity and ineptitude to a whole different, sickening level.

And it's a FINAL: Northern Illinois 34, Gopher Nation 23.

Wacker was pretty inept, but I don't think he lost to teams like South Dakota and Northern Illinois. Mason had a lot of .500 teams that beat up on tomato can teams but could not beat the top teams in the Big 10. Brewster takes mediocrity and ineptitude to a whole different, sickening level.

And it's a FINAL: Northern Illinois 34, Gopher Nation 23.

Good points. Brewster takes the cake.

I wonder if Brewster will even be able to find a respectable job in college football after this. He may have to drop all the way to D2. I honestly think a solid NAIA team like Dickinson State could give the Gophers a run. Also, did you notice that Brewster had one of his good receivers quit the team via Facebook last week? He has lost control of the team. Goldie Gopher will not win another game this year.

Actually, only one of those five teams is a true Division I. The other four are I-AA, but yes the Gophers are probably the weakest of those five teams. Yeah, yeah, I know that they're all Division I in sports other than football but we're talking about football here. I and I-AA are not the same, in spite of what NDSU fans try to tell you.

ACTUALLY, there 5 Division 1 schools in the 3 states.

Four Division 1 FCS schools and one Division 1 FBS school.

That is a fact.

Five Division I schools yes, but only one Division I football team. The other four are I-AA.

Sorry Dave. Its a fact. Five Division I football teams.

One Division IA.

Four Division IAA.

And by basic elementary reading comprehension its easy to see those add up to five Division I football teams.

As the other guys said: its simply facts, but go ahead and argue with those.

And D2 Grand Valley State could probably whip all five of them. Seems like they would want to make the transition to Division I. I think they have something like 24,000 students.

I think they'll have to wait until this NCAA moritorium on teams moving up to Division I is over, but I would love to have that happen. We owe them tons of payback! :angry:

C'mon now, don't be like Bison fans. Let's not try to create the illusion that we're on a level playing field with the likes of Ohio State and Alabama, let's just be secure with our I-AA status.

Anyone that thinks we are on the same playing field as DIA (FBS) would be factually wrong.

I'm not secure with our IAA (FCS) status. I want IA and with the new 25,000 retractable roof stadium the goal will be close. :D

We beat USD, 2nd half wasn't even close. I'm not sure if DaveK is more mad about the score, or the attendance comparison this last weekend. I think the Mary/St.Cloud is more your speed for attendance and support there Dave.

So what do we have to do to get you to cry and quit this forum?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So how's that Nickel envy working out for you? The Nickel Trophy has spent a total of only 2 years in Fargo since 1993, and your team has yet to host a playoff game in the Fargodome. UND has enjoyed a significantly greater deal of success than your precious Bison have in the last two decades. NDSU football is 2nd class status in the state of North Dakota, deal with it.

Talk about living in the past. When was your last FBS win? Our attendance speaks for itself, we more than doubled up on you yet again. NDSU football is 1st in the state, deal with it. You talk about Bison fans living in the past, you are well on your way, 2001 was along time ago my friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Talk about living in the past. When was your last FBS win? Our attendance speaks for itself, we more than doubled up on you yet again. NDSU football is 1st in the state, deal with it. You talk about Bison fans living in the past, you are well on your way, 2001 was along time ago my friend.

Congrats you now have wins over the worst Big Ten football team in history, a piss poor Big Twelve team, and just beat a school that UND has defeated 14 of the last 15 times the two schools have played. I apologize that we're a little underwhelmed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So the best team is the one with the highest attendance... I guess that makes the Gophers better than Boise State? :silly:

Go ahead and double up our attendance, we'll settle for doubling your win total... AGAIN.

I guess, if you are the biggest FB program in the state, you would be selling out, yet, no one wants to go to your games? Good luck next weekend! Oh, and keep that Nickel and polish it up, 'cause we'll be polishing up our 8 championship tropheys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's see who is living in the past, oh yeah, in your next post you talk about 8 national championships. How about winning something in this century before you start spouting off. Or winning a playoff game in a stadium you've played in for almost 2 decades. And as far as I know, there is no column in the standings for FBS wins. They count the same as any other wins. The only advantage they bring is some bragging rights for people like yourself. I'm pretty sure that the team itself realizes that the most of the FBS teams they have beat have been pretty weak. The extra scholarships haven't done much for them. So it's nice to talk about FBS wins, but in reality they don't add much except a little extra press.

And then we get back to attendance. The Fargo metro area has more than 200,000 people. The Grand Forks metro area has about 100,000 people. Just by sheer numbers there should be at least twice as many people at NDSU football games as at UND football games. That math isn't too difficult for you, is it? NDSU should be embarrassed if there isn't a lot more people at their games. That is only common sense. Of course, maybe that's why you don't recognize it. And that doesn't even factor in a comparison of opponents, when NDSU is playing a long time foe while UND is hosting someone from Louisiana. Boy, you NDSU fans really get us with that attendance thing, don't you?

• Upvote 1

Let's see who is living in the past, oh yeah, in your next post you talk about 8 national championships. How about winning something in this century before you start spouting off. Or winning a playoff game in a stadium you've played in for almost 2 decades. And as far as I know, there is no column in the standings for FBS wins. They count the same as any other wins. The only advantage they bring is some bragging rights for people like yourself. I'm pretty sure that the team itself realizes that the most of the FBS teams they have beat have been pretty weak. The extra scholarships haven't done much for them. So it's nice to talk about FBS wins, but in reality they don't add much except a little extra press.

And then we get back to attendance. The Fargo metro area has more than 200,000 people. The Grand Forks metro area has about 100,000 people. Just by sheer numbers there should be at least twice as many people at NDSU football games as at UND football games. That math isn't too difficult for you, is it? NDSU should be embarrassed if there isn't a lot more people at their games. That is only common sense. Of course, maybe that's why you don't recognize it. And that doesn't even factor in a comparison of opponents, when NDSU is playing a long time foe while UND is hosting someone from Louisiana. Boy, you NDSU fans really get us with that attendance thing, don't you?

Face it - UND is all hockey the "other" sports don't really count. If you don't have the population then why is everyone on this board wanting a 30,000 seat venue? Have fun with the Yotes!!

• Downvote 1