SiouxSports.com Forum

FSSN / Fox College Sports Deal Yes, No or Maybe?

danonodak

Sorry in advance, but i don't have any more time to dig through the forums to find an answer.

What is the status of the FSSN and FCS tv contract they started last year? Was the deal perpetual or needed to be negotiated again this year? Any news? I was on the verge of buying a FTA satelite last year when suddenly i got news i could what all of the game on FCS cable in Illinois.

THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How does this new Midcon sports network fit into the mix?

I saw that the games from Alaska were going to be on there so is there no more FSSN? Will this midcon channel get on Directv?

MidCon is taking a variety of local sports feeds, including FSSN, and packaging them under the Midcon label for Midcon cable customers.

FSSN still exists, but on MidCon cable will be part of a Midcon's local sports channel.

The Midcon channel won't be on Directv.

-- All of the above statements are open to correction! ---

MidCon is taking a variety of local sports feeds, including FSSN, and packaging them under the Midcon label for Midcon cable customers.

FSSN still exists, but on MidCon cable will be part of a Midcon's local sports channel.

The Midcon channel won't be on Directv.

-- All of the above statements are open to correction! ---

that looks ot be correct. They just renamed the channel (from what I see) and instead of having one feed for ND and one for SD they made it one channel...so instead of showing a teleprompter thing with whats coming up they can actually show more games :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

that looks ot be correct. They just renamed the channel (from what I see) and instead of having one feed for ND and one for SD they made it one channel...so instead of showing a teleprompter thing with whats coming up they can actually show more games :)

So - does that mean that Direct TV will no longer have Sioux hockey on FSN? I'm thinking of switching from Dish to Direct TV just so I can watch Sioux hockey...