SiouxSports.com Forum

Getting all touchy, McFeely

PCM

Leaving aside the question of who's to blame for a second - Why shouldn't UND schedule this game for the next two years?

Why they should:

1. It is the biggest sporting event in this state.

2. It fills the coffers of both schools.

3. The competitive advantage gained from additional scholarships will not take full affect for 3-4 years.

4. On any given Saturday.....

If Bakken's reasoning were adopted by all schools, i.e. that teams on a different playing level should not compete against each other, then UND wouldn't have any nonconference opponents.

I honestly can't believe The Rivalry is so important to the Stream Yellow crowd, as the Fraud writers and the Blundering Turd administration would have people believe. THEY elected to throw it away when THEY opted to go D1AA without a conference, schedule or having read their own consultants' report. Let THEM worry about playing the majority of THEIR teams' games on the road and hosting unknown opponents to half-full houses after forking over serious $$$ to get D1AA opponents to show up. Screw THEM. THEY destroyed The Rivalry with THEIR short-sighted planning and half-assed execution. Let THEM linger in obscurity and 30-70% W/L records. When WE go D1 at some point, WE will do it for the right reasons, not because of a national attention deficit disorder.

You'll never be able to get away from this fact:

we are offering to you a contract and you won't sign it. YOU won't sign it.

A little lesson in business, and law, Nancy: The mere fact a contract is offered does not create a duty for the offeree to sign it. In this instance, UND is looking out for its best interests by not signing a contract yet, much as Chaps is looking out for his own by making a unilateral move to D1 without a clue, conference, schedule or anything else.

You will never get away from this fact: WE have the Nickel, and YOU have a dark future.

A little lesson in business, and law, Nancy: The mere fact a contract is offered does not create a duty for the offeree to sign it. In this instance, UND is looking out for its best interests by not signing a contract yet, much as Chaps is looking out for his own by making a unilateral move to D1 without a clue, conference, schedule or anything else.

You will never get away from this fact: WE have the Nickel, and YOU have a dark future.

So Northern Colorado and Cal-Davis are also foolish for getting off the sinking D2 ship? LOL!

You're just saying all this BS because we're NDSU.

Here are the facts:

1) even 2 years from now, we won't have an advantage over you, so you could safely play us for at least 2 more years without having to worry about "un-level" playing fields.

2) we're offering you a fair home-home contract by which each team gets a home game. We're even allowing you to play us in Fargo next year, so that if you lose horribly and want out, you can do so without having to be beatin in GF.

there is no way you can talk yourself out of these facts. You just look foolish and cowardly.

Sign the contract boys.

I was just wondering . . . is the supposed contract that NDSU wants UND to sign a home and home or is it just for 2 games in the FargoRoof? If it is the later then I can see why UND wouldn't do it . . . it would only benefit NDSU and the FargoRoof.

Personally . . . I think NDSU needs this rivalry to continue worse then UND does . . . if not for the only reason to sell-out the FargoRoof any time in the near future for a game that "matters".

Just my opinion . . .

UND sucks, UND plays inferior teams, UND is scared to play the Bison, UND fans and players are idiots.................. These are the thoughts of a few Bison fans, unfortunately a few of them show up on this message board and continue to post their rants.

It is too bad the way this has been handled by both schools, the blame it on the other school thing has really left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. This bad taste might ultimately end the rivalry for a little while.

CoteauRinkRat Posted on Oct 19 2003, 04:51 PM

It is too bad the way this has been handled by both schools, the blame it on the other school thing has really left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. This bad taste might ultimately end the rivalry for a little while.

I agree.

I also think the rivalry should end until NDSU comes back to DII or UND move to I-AA.

What it all really comes down to is that UND/NDSU, Grand Forks/Fargo don't like each other. They blame each other for everything. Everything is a pi$$ing match and this whole playing each other is no different. Both sides always blame the other side. Each side thinks they are better than the other and neither side wants to compromise. If the situation was reversed, the problem would be the same. It is rather silly.