SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

Didn't hear Gorg talk about Knight's hit, but it wouldn't surprise me. I used to respect Gorg for his knowledge, but the more I listen to him, his knowledge is based on X's and O's and even that sometimes appears to be a load of crap. I did hear someone call up and talk about how nice it is to have players stay in college like Jonathan Toews, and there was no response from Gorg that he was only there 2 years and left after he was 19 years old. He has become another gopher tool that doesn't respond to things like Brian Schack's two attacks from behind, but focuses on when the Sioux stick up for their own. Of course, he believes in that when it comes to the NHL, but doesn't when it comes to college, or at least when it pertains to a team that he doesn't announce for. He doesn't have a whole lot of knowledge about the college game outside of the gophers.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find it yet, Goon? Yes, he was filling in for Barriero and if I was to guess I'd say it was at about 5:30 yesterday evening.

I didn't find it. I did listen to the podcast but didn't find it. It doesn't surprise me though.

Thanks for the preview Dave. It's game night!! While others are obviously free to continue discussing the Knight matter,

it is and always has been a non-issue to me because it did not happen. The league office must feel the same way as no discipline for the solid, but fair, hit has been handed down. Same with Sandelin. No gripes out of him as best I can tell.

This will be a great series. One thing, and my memory is bad. I do not recall CC being a West finalist last year. Wasn't that game between the Dogz and the RedHawks in The John? I thought that CC missed the tourney altogether. I could, of course, well be wrong.

See you around the arenas. Go Sioux.

You are absolutely right. I included the numbers from 2007-2008 instead of last year's records. I fixed it in my blog post. Thank you for the correction. :silly:

Dave