SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 schedule

82SiouxGuy

Brad has the tentative schedule for next year (2010-2011) on his blog. As always, this is tentative and could change before it is final.

Oct. 3 -- MANITOBA (exh)

Oct. 8-9 -- Nye Classic in Anchorage (vs. UAA and UAF)

Oct. 15-16 -- at Bemidji State

Oct. 22-23 -- at Maine

Oct. 29-30 -- DENVER

Nov. 5-6 -- DULUTH

Nov. 12-13 -- at Wisconsin

Nov. 19-20 -- at Omaha

Nov. 26-27 -- NOTRE DAME

Dec. 3-4 -- ST. CLOUD STATE

Dec. 10-11 -- at Mankato

Dec. 18 -- U.S. UNDER 18

Dec. 30 -- at Duluth (Hall of Fame Game)

Jan. 7-8 -- ROBERT MORRIS

Jan. 14-15 -- MINNESOTA

Jan. 21-22 -- OMAHA

Jan. 28-29 -- at Colorado College

Feb. 11-12 -- ANCHORAGE

Feb. 18-19 -- at St. Cloud State

Feb. 25-26 -- BEMIDJI STATE

March 4-5 -- at Michigan Tech

wow three straight road trips to open the year, ouch.

And 3 straight at home after the 1st of the year. Heavy on home games during the last half of the season. It looks like Coach Blais will make his return to Grand Forks in January 2011. But which weekend?

And 3 straight at home after the 1st of the year. Heavy on home games during the last half of the season. It looks like Coach Blais will make his return to Grand Forks in January 2011. But which weekend?

Ah, I see what you did there! There was a lot of talk about this amongst both fan bases last weekend.

A good OOC lineup with Maine, Notre Dame, Robert Morris, UAA (Nye), UAF, and Duluth (HOF game). The UAA and UMD games would both count as OOC since they are non-WCHA games.

That's a tough early season schedule with Maine, Denver, Duluth, and Wisconsin all in a row. Ouch.

Glad we are going out to Maine again. I have family out there and will be attendance for that series. As the time gets closer to that series next year be sure to get in touch with me if you want advice on the Bangor/Orno area.

Brad has the tentative schedule for next year (2010-2011) on his blog. As always, this is tentative and could change before it is final.

So in conference games we only play the following teams once...

Denver

CC

Minny

Wisco

WTF? No Badgers or Tigers coming to GF next year? No trip to DU or Minny? Uggh...I already hate this new scheduling...

Denver

CC

Minny

Wisco

WTF? No Badgers or Tigers coming to GF next year? No trip to DU or Minny? Uggh...I already hate this new scheduling...

It brings all of the teams to the Ralph (aside from SCSU, whom we play four times every season as schedule partners) three years out of five. If you'd like, you can check out the article here and the thread in the forum here.

Dave

Denver

CC

Minny

Wisco

On the other hand, we really have to make hay with the easier league schedule. UM-D could have a huge advantage with a cluster of Tech, UAA and Mankato.

On the other hand, we really have to make hay with the easier league schedule. UM-D could have a huge advantage with a cluster of Tech, UAA and Mankato.

No doubt, from a spectating viewpoint it's not as fun to only see DU, CC, UMN, and UW only once during the season, but that will certainly help make the schedule a bit easier.

UMD got tossed a freaking cupcake with that cluster. Well, three cupcakes to be exact. ;)

may end up being be weak, may not be. we have no clue what maine will be next season as they have already moved up from how they played last year. they are down but im guessig that will turn around. notre dame is a funny team as they also could be dangerous when that time comes. i love that the sioux dont shy away and play the big named teams and will travel east unlike a couple other big time programs. hell the sioux go out east every season for some tough non conference play. fun for the fans and im sure the players love it

Among the many things Hak does well is put together a great schedule. Mix of powers and up-and-comers, home and road. Traveling to other powers is great for the sport, for Sioux fans scattered across the country, for team-building and for spreading the UND name.