• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Game over

5-1 Gophers

And no dirty stuff after the horn (which is good)

Like I said (spun) before, this win just gives the Gophers a better record, which gives are two wins and a tie against them look better :D

When did we beat them the second time? I believe we're 1-1-2...

My hats off to the gophers this weekend. I don't think they were the better team by any means but they got the job done. Cepis looked good and adds that talker mentality to the gophers squad. Time will tell if this win by the gophers was a fluke or not. Sioux disappointed this weekend. I know the blame can't be all placed on our goaltending but I just have no confidence in Eidsness that he will make a big save when we need him to. Also the issues with holding a lead seem to still haunt us from the NCAA regionals from last year against UNH. It just seemed like the team was not mentally prepared and I put that squarely on the coaches.

I think it's pretty horrible everywhere since Genoway was injured. :D

This team is not the same team without Genoway (understatement). I think they played harder and better tonite than they did last nite, but Hakstol's teams over his 6 years just cannot score goals. I don't know what it is, but the Sioux make virtually every goalie look like an All-American, and not just this year. Lots of shots wide, in the breadbasket, etc. Passes around the net when the goalie is out of position often miss. Just not sharp. Nothing new either. Out playing and out shooting the opponent is not the measure of the game. But, at least we have Basketball and this team is young so the future should be bright.

My hats off to the gophers this weekend. I don't think they were the better team by any means but they got the job done. Cepis looked good and adds that talker mentality to the gophers squad. Time will tell if this win by the gophers was a fluke or not. Sioux disappointed this weekend. I know the blame can't be all placed on our goaltending but I just have no confidence in Eidsness that he will make a big save when we need him to. Also the issues with holding a lead seem to still haunt us from the NCAA regionals from last year against UNH. It just seemed like the team was not mentally prepared and I put that squarely on the coaches.

Agree with BE. We go into every game basically down 2 goals cause you know he going to give up 2, whether earned or soft.

Some say youth, some say coaching on the not being able to hold a lead thing. I don't know what to say other than we can't hold a lead!

Total tool if he said that...like we say at the golf course "he couldn't do that again hitting 2 bags of balls". He played his game of the year!

You know if the sioux could have finished their chances old kangass wouldn't have thought it was so easy. We kind of helped him play his game of the year.

Total tool if he said that...like we say at the golf course "he couldn't do that again hitting 2 bags of balls". He played his game of the year!

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if we shelled the Gophers if we play them again this year.

For the most part this game, the Sioux controlled play. They didn't look entirely sharp, but they still got a boatload of chances.

Kangas just blew his horseshoe game of the season in January.