SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like almost all games that involve UND, if they can get 3 or more goals a game this weekend I like their chances. BE is solid, but won't pitch a shutout. He is good for a couple goals each night. UND will have to convert on the PP at some point this weekend and not have a continual parade to the box. The more these games are played 5 on 5, the more UND will be in control and be able to dictate play.

I can't wait until tomorrow...as I am making my first trip to the building they (even their own fans) call "The John"...haha...makes me laugh everytime.

Hopefully, I will keep my cool and be surrounded by knowledgeable goofer fans, not the idotic ones I meet every year at the final 5.

I nearly woke up in tears this morning. I had a dream we blew a 2 goal lead in the first period against the Gophers and then got destroyed. It was just a dream. Someone tell me it was just a dream!

That's not a freakin' dream . . . it's a Nightmare. You don't live on Elm Street do you? ... :)

I can't wait until tomorrow...as I am making my first trip to the building they (even their own fans) call "The John"...haha...makes me laugh everytime.

Hopefully, I will keep my cool and be surrounded by knowledgeable goofer fans, not the idotic ones I meet every year at the final 5.

Who will you cheer for?

I will be there both nights cheering on our UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTINNNNNGGGGG SIOOOOOOOOOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll let you know where I'm sitting. I think there's a knowledgeable Gopher fan in my section.

Just read Cardinal's preview on gopherpuck. Just wanted to say that I appreciated his insight. I know you read this board and comment occasionally. Nowhere in that long writeup was there a jab at the state of ND, jabs about "25 year old Canadians", Mullets, etc. There was ACTUAL HOCKEY KNOWLEDGE! Facts were abundant, which is refreshing.

I am big about reading opponent sites and newspapers to get "the other side" of things. Good article Cardinal.

I should add that I didn't mean Cardinal has written crappy stuff in the past, but "others" have, including Mr. Roman A. of the Strib.

I've ruffled some feathers on here before, more just to get some folks going than anything since both sides have people that go way over the top when it comes to this rivalry, but in the end I -- as I said with PA today -- like how the Sioux do things most of the time and respect their program. My Gopher-love will come through at times, but in the end I try to objective most of the time.

Thanks for the kind words.

I've ruffled some feathers on here before, more just to get some folks going than anything since both sides have people that go way over the top when it comes to this rivalry, but in the end I -- as I said with PA today -- like how the Sioux do things most of the time and respect their program. My Gopher-love will come through at times, but in the end I try to objective most of the time.

Thanks for the kind words.

was a nice write up!

cant wait til tomorrow night

who is schroeder playing with these days line wise and what type of player is your transfer cepis? gracias

who is schroeder playing with these days line wise and what type of player is your transfer cepis? gracias

UM 1st line: Schroeder, Cepis and White.

KFAN had someone, Cardinal was that you??, from Gopher Puck Live on this AM. Cepis fast but more of a set up man per this guy. He also said UM 40th in nation in scoring. Didn't think UM could win a game if UND got 3(+) goal either night as he didn't see UM hangin 4 or more on UND. I hope I'm not misquoting if that was you Cardinal.

UM 1st line: Schroeder, Cepis and White.

KFAN had someone, Cardinal was that you??, from Gopher Puck Live on this AM. Cepis fast but more of a set up man per this guy. He also said UM 40th in nation in scoring. Didn't think UM could win a game if UND got 3(+) goal either night as he didn't see UM hangin 4 or more on UND. I hope I'm not misquoting if that was you Cardinal.

think that was cardinal. yeah 3 + goals per game for the sioux is a good measuring stick for success. pretty much been the norm for the sioux that they win lots of games when getting 3 + goals the last few years

think that was cardinal. yeah 3 + goals per game for the sioux is a good measuring stick for success. pretty much been the norm for the sioux that they win lots of games when getting 3 + goals the last few years

This carries over the last couple years. I remember them showing a stat last year about how bad the sioux were when scoring less than 3 goals. If they keep working hard in the zone, they'll get rewarded. The big question is which team will be more opportunistic.

This carries over the last couple years. I remember them showing a stat last year about how bad the sioux were when scoring less than 3 goals. If they keep working hard in the zone, they'll get rewarded. The big question is which team will be more opportunistic.

use speed on the big ice, hit everything moving in white and make those PP opportunities count

That was me on KFAN, yes. Schroeder and Cepis played with Patrick White last weekend but Lucia didn't sound thrilled with that line's five-on-five play, so he may juggle their linemate around this weekend. Second line of Hoeffel - Carman - Larson should stay together I'd assume since they scored twice on Saturday ... Carman and Hoeffel are playing pretty well together and, five-on-five, are carrying the play more than Schroeder's line, or at least they did last weekend.

Since Cable one in Fargo is garbage and doesn't have BTN, does anyone know if they are picking up the game in any otherway?

Was just gona ask that same question. Yes, Cableone is crap...for the life of me still don't know why we still have it! :)

As far as seats in the 10,000 seat Mariucci, what are people's prediction on the percentage of:

1-Gopher fans

2-Sioux fans

3-Empty corporate and student section seats?

My best shot at a guess (been there only once):

What do the gopher fans and "John" vets think?

Since Cable one in Fargo is garbage and doesn't have BTN, does anyone know if they are picking up the game in any otherway?

I'm in that boat. I'm probably going to Buffalo Wild Wings...but you have to get there almost an hour prior to avoid waiting until 1st intermission for a table. I like to avoid large crowds at restaurants, but I don't see any way around it for this game.

Really not liking FSN and BTN right now.

As far as seats in the 10,000 seat Mariucci, what are people's prediction on the percentage of:

1-Gopher fans

2-Sioux fans

3-Empty corporate and student section seats?

My best shot at a guess (been there only once):

What do the gopher fans and "John" vets think?

2,000 Sioux fans seems a bit high to me. Students are technically still on break but I think most will be back this weekend.