SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

I have video on B2, but no audio...anyone else having trouble?

Yup, I just purchased the video webcast from B2. The video is working great (I just caught a handful of highlights from last night) but I'm not getting any audio.

EDIT: Some radio audio just appeared, but that doesn't match the guys we're looking at.

Goon you owe me a Colorado Bulldog at the Final Five :):glare:

I am there dude. I got my tickets; got my room reservations and I have told the wife I am making my yearly pilgrimage to the hockey Mecca. Now all I have to do is take the time off from work. You could at least drink a manlier drink though... :)

If the Sioux can somehow manage to sweep UW next weekend, I'll forgive them for the OT loss last night. :glare:

Honestly, I'm not concerned with the WCHA standings this year. I think we all knew going into the season that we were very young and DU would be very tough (Chambers told us so). It's not like I want to see DU win the MacNaughton, but if UND can have another strong 2nd half and do well in the F5, I like their chances in the NCAA's. Once both Genoway and VV are back on the ice, the Sioux will be a force once again. What is our record with Genoway? And without? Get both of them back to start the 2nd half, the youngsters are already starting to play better, and I think that has the makings of a title contender.

Will they turn it around in time to make a push for the Mac? Maybe, maybe not. My guess is that DU will have accumulated too many points on us by that time. But anything is possible. Just finish 3rd or better in the WCHA, win the Broadmoor, and then take a swing for the national title. With our two captains and scoring leaders back on the ice, I think that is quite doable.

Go Sioux.

If the Sioux can somehow manage to sweep UW next weekend, I'll forgive them for the OT loss last night. :)

Honestly, I'm not concerned with the WCHA standings this year. I think we all knew going into the season that we were very young and DU would be very tough (Chambers told us so). It's not like I want to see DU win the MacNaughton, but if UND can have another strong 2nd half and do well in the F5, I like their chances in the NCAA's. Once both Genoway and VV are back on the ice, the Sioux will be a force once again. What is our record with Genoway? And without? Get both of them back to start the 2nd half, the youngsters are already starting to play better, and I think that has the makings of a title contender.

Will they turn it around in time to make a push for the Mac? Maybe, maybe not. My guess is that DU will have accumulated too many points on us by that time. But anything is possible. Just finish 3rd or better in the WCHA, win the Broadmoor, and then take a swing for the national title. With our two captains and scoring leaders back on the ice, I think that is quite doable.

Go Sioux.

LOL, You said doable. :glare: Just kidding, UND has the same records as last year after 12 games 6-5-1... Irony?

I am there dude. I got my tickets; got my room reservations and I have told the wife I am making my yearly pilgrimage to the hockey Mecca. Now all I have to do is take the time off from work. You could at least drink a manlier drink though... :glare:

Hahaha. They taste so good thought!

Maybe I will make it a diet Jack then :)

Why waste good Jack Daniels by putting something like Diet Coke in it? Just drink it on the rocks or with a little water, the way it was meant to be served.

That is one thing my stomach can't take, that is why I ussually stick to beer. I do like a Vodka Tonic or sour once in a while.

We will see if there is another suspension coming from the league office or not... I think UND has a legitmate complaint in this matter and needs to make

a complaint to the league office.

While an apology isn't going to get us a W in the books I still think UND deserves an apology and an admittance from the WCHA basically saying "hey, sorry we !@#$ed up."

UND has the same records as last year after 12 games 6-5-1... Irony?

Allow me to point out a man who could be both educational and humorous, as this definition of "irony" is accurate and hilarious:

"Irony deals with opposites; it has nothing to do with coincidence. If two baseball players from the same hometown, on different teams, receive the same uniform number, it is not ironic. It is a coincidence. If Barry Bonds attains lifetime statistics identical to his father's, it will not be ironic. It will be a coincidence.

"Irony is "a state of affairs that is the reverse of what was to be expected; a result opposite to and in mockery of the appropriate result." For instance: a diabetic, on his way to buy insulin, is killed by a runaway truck. He is the victim of an accident. If the truck was delivering sugar, he is the victim of an oddly poetic coincidence. But if the truck was delivering insulin, ah! Then he is the victim of an irony.

"If a Kurd, after surviving bloody battle with Saddam Hussein's army and a long, difficult escape through the mountains, is crushed and killed by a parachute drop of humanitarian aid, that, my friend, is irony writ large.

"Darryl Stingley, the pro football player, was paralyzed after a brutal hit by Jack Tatum. Now Darryl Stingley's son plays football, and if the son should become paralyzed while playing, it will not be ironic. It will be coincidental. If Darryl Stingley's son paralyzes someone else, that will be closer to ironic. If he paralyzes Jack Tatum's son, that will be precisely ironic." --
George Carlin, "Brain Droppings"

UND's record to date is coincidence. :glare:

Why waste good Jack Daniels by putting something like Diet Coke in it? Just drink it on the rocks or with a little water, the way it was meant to be served.

I'm not up to that point yet as an alcoholic :):glare:.

I am also weird and like diet coke.

Goon: Never been a beer guy, I like my mixed drinks and hard liquor

I'm not up to that point yet as an alcoholic :) :).

Keep practicing and you'll get there. I drink my Diet Coke straight too, I don't like to mess with a good thing. :glare:

I'm not up to that point yet as an alcoholic :):glare:.

Actually I think there are time I would rather drink Diet Coke, I love the stuff and drink it by the gallons.

It's taste good with Captain Morgan as well.