SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs UC Davis

SiouxMD

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injuries suck, but how else do you get the other guys experience? You're only as good as your depth sometimes, UC Davis has learned that the hard way in their transition over the years. If they're coached well, and have desire they should be fine or at least competitive.

Should be a great turnout...although I haven't seen any publicity around the Sacramento area hyping this up as the GWFC Championship.

Games to compete with in Nor Cal on Saturday:

Arizona @ Cal - 4:00 p.m. PT start (not too bad)

Stanfurd @ U$C - 12:30 p.m. PT start (at least they're away)

Suck State @ Montana State - 11:30 a.m. PT start (yes)

Taco Tech @ Utah State - 1:00 p.m. PT start (nobody cares about Sparta after they got shelled by the Wolfpack)

Our biggest competition is the Cal game and they start later, so we should have 10,000...I just hope the Californians don't chicken out because it's 58 degrees out (yes, I'm serious).

eventsHome.jpg

BEST OF LUCK, AND WELCOME TO DAVIS Y'ALL!

This may be one of the weirdest things that I've ever seen, but I feel as though it deserves some mentionning. I know that a lot of us up in ND think that people from the coasts are typically a little stuck up and look down upon us and our programs in the Midwest. I must say that I've heard nothing but great things about the 2 Cal schools from the experiences my friends have had playing against them and the fans I've encountered. After the Poly game one of my friends made the comment that "that was the most polite team I've ever played against since I started playing college football." I'm also impressed by the UCD fans who have come to visit our board, as well as the ones who have been on the GWFC board. Especially for shutting up "Quarterback U / ND's penetentary best feeder system " to the south for some comments they made when they were an impressive 2-7. It's rare that opposing teams go on to someone's message board and give out compliments or actually look at a game with some type of objectivity. I'm sure that it helps when you have gone through many of the same growing pains that we are currently experiencing. But needless to say it looks good for you and your university, I'm impressed.

One side note about our Athletic Depts. great scheduling. Our women's basketball team plays a perrenial Horizon League power Wisc. GB on Friday at 4:00 pm. Has anyone seen anything promoting this game? I live 500 feet from the Betty and haven't seen or heard anything about it. In addition when you get a school with a basketball reputation to come in, why are they playing second fiddle to hockey? Would have it been a disaster to schedule the game on a Thursday night? I don't know all the logistics behind it, but it seemed like a good opportunity to sell out the Betty for an outta conference game. I know this is the wrong board to say that on, but I just had to get that off my chest in regard to how things have gone this year with everything else in general as well.

Oh and if it would be possible to drop the temp down another 25 degrees on Saturday.....say mid 30s or so we really wouldn't mind playing in front of an empty stadium. In fact it might keep some of our guys from getting a sunburn.

Oh and if it would be possible to drop the temp down another 25 degrees on Saturday.....say mid 30s or so we really wouldn't mind playing in front of an empty stadium. In fact it might keep some of our guys from getting a sunburn.

Lo siento, pero no es posible. Bienvenido a Davis! Nuestro clima mal es tu clima bien!

Sorry I was speaking Sac Valley Farm. Seriously, though, you get most of that stuck up stuff from the So-soCals. We've got jerks everywhere, but I really, really hate the vibe down south. With regard to shutting up the NDSU folk...we've got a thing for disliking State Schools in Davis...it's just bred into us, that and putting teams in their place for talking smack when they should be humble.

Muss was on with Dan Hammer today, and said that Bamba, Sutton, and Benjamin are expected to practice for the first time this week today. He also mentioned Ty Boyle as still being "nicked up" as well.

Didn't I say one cannot be named "Bamba"?

Nobody listens to me. :D

I'm glad Ish is practicing. We would be totally screwed if he wasn't playing. I'll bet our record would be 0-9 at this point without him. You can replace a Sutton or a Landry, but without #18 we would be sunk. My prediction for the week is a UND victory with 2 more TD's for Ish and the honor of offensive player of the week. La-La-La-La-LaBamba! Hope and change baby!

I hope quite a few of you Sioux fans can make the long trip out west to pull for your team. It should be a great game with what appears to be two pretty evenly matched teams. We had a whole bunch of Poly fans at the game last week and it helped provide a great atmosphere for a perfect afternoon of college football. I expect that this game will sell out as well - 10,849 capacity.

I hear you may have some significant injuries. We are nicked up a bit too and are starting quite a few freshmen. I guess that's to be expected this late in the season. I'd rather play teams when they are at full strength since it makes for a more exciting game. Hope your guys heal up quickly.

If you do make it out to Davis, I think you'll enjoy the people and the atmosphere we have here.

Here's to a great game..

There were quite a few Sioux fans last year - more than I would have expected. The visitors section is about the ten yard line. Most diehard Aggie fans who aren't current students sit in section 120 which is near the visitor's section. Many of us are along about rows P and Q.

I'd like to commend the UC Davis fans who have joined us on this board. They provide another stimulating point of view. In view of the present Great West affinity for the home team, I'm hoping this game might be some sort of reversal. In any event, I hope it's a well-played game on both sides. Guess it's one of those situations where we never know which UND or which UC Davis team is going to show up. This may be wishful thinking, but I, too, think (hope) it might be UND 24, UC Davis 21.

The Sioux seem to perform opposite of my expectations. Contrary to the surprise performance against Poly, I just don't see the defense being able to hold off the Aggies passing game, and the Sioux offense has been too sporadic with inconsistent line play.

Hope I'm wrong: UC Davis 38, Sioux 14

The next matchup vs C Arkansas seems more favorable.

Sweet. I was afraid Ish might not play. Mitch going is a plus but I don't think Cal Davis has anyone who can hang with Ish. I was looking at some Davis video and I really believe that the Landry/Bama connection will butcher Davis' secondary. I can see Ish with a Vikings uniform on in the near future.