SiouxSports.com Forum

Season-ending heartbreaker...

choyt3

Sioux played with a lot of guts/grit/class/pride tonight.

Andy Kollar is going to have lots of bruises from getting all that rubber shot onto him. What a game he played tonight.

Adam Hauser shows the class that oozes from that program by skating in front of the Sioux bench after the winning goal and pointing a finger. So much for winning with dignity, though it isn't a big surprise at all. Guys like him, Demarchi, and Taffe makes it awfully hard to like Leopold, Pohl, and Paul Martin. Like I heard on the radio tonight, Hauser isn't going to win them a national title, yet with their talent, he might not lose it for them either.

The Sioux had a lot of chances in the 3rd and the OT, but Hauser just stepped up and shut the door.

Heard an interesting stat just now... Chad Mazurak scores the first goal of the year for the Sioux and now the last goal of the year. The Sioux didn't quit tonight and after getting their butts kicked all over the ice last night showed a lot of courage.

I don't care where we finished in the standings this year. We didn't get a bounce all year long and this team is definitely not that far away. This Minnesota team is probably the most talented team in the country, yet we were within two goals EVERY GAME but one. The Sioux showed many times throughout the year a glimpse of the future with some quality wins against quality teams.

Holy s&!t what a long year it's been!

We can finally say it now, just wait 'til next year!

I think Hauser is more than capable of losing it for them in spite of the goph talent. Same with "after the whistle" Taffe. Guess he's trying to show "toughness" to get a better NHL contract. Would guess the cheap crap will end or he'll end up pulverized early in his career.

Good finish for the Sioux, and great finish for Kollar.

Clayton I think you sumed it up really well. Blaiser proved that he can get his team to play at a higher level I thought they would have pulled it off and you never know, Blaiser has always ussually been able to pull a rabitt out of the hat. Blais proved it again with his pulling the goalie.

41-14-5 for Andy on his career.

Andy didnt deserve to lose that is for sure.  Neither did Hauser.  Both played excellent and I commend them both.

As for the rest of what you guys said I will leave it be.  But I will say Taffe wasnt the only one hitting after the whistle...some players on the road team did as well.  I would say the dirty play was about equal...and it made me sick both ways.

See ya next year Sioux, I still think your the team to beat in 2003.

Andy SO OUTCLASSED Hauser in this game.  If the tables had been turned and "Hoser" had faced 45+ shots, that sack of s&!t would have allowed at least 6 or 7 goals.  

Then, to skate by the Sioux bench and make rude gestures after a season ending game = CLASSLESS as can be.  Worthless, Lose-an-NCAA-championship-for-your-team kind of worthless.  I can't wait to see him FAIL.  What an asswipe.

Sioux will be back in form next season.  Especially if they can land one or two more recruits and re-establish a bit of real competition for playing time.

A great showing by the Sioux tonight. That is what I thought this whole series would be.  Great to see the Seniors go out on a effort to show the Sioux pride after this tough season.

ANDY was great tonight. I new he had it in him & shold have gotten the start last night. A short season according to the recent Sioux standards. The ending of this season is a preview of what is to come next year & quite a few after.

The 3rd. & OT was the best hockey I've seen all year. That is what the game should be like. Non stop action. great passing, & end to end rushes. Not use to the season ending so early.

K/CAUND,  got really tired of your sh**.  Friday was a non-effort by the whole team. To try to lay the blame on certain players shows your true lack of knowledge of the game. Enjoy the game as a fan & don't try to be an expert.

To say Spiewak was a non-factor in Friday's game was ludicrious. Why the he** would Deano put him on the 1st. line on Sat. if that was the case. I think I would trust one of the top coaches in the country's opinion before yours.

To quote Dean,"Spiewak is one of the top defensive forwards in college hockey".

The NHL gives out the Selke trophy for that abililty. He does all the things you would ask of a player.  You will definitely miss him when he is gone.

A tough ending to a tough season.

Have to change my Signature soon, but until then I will say,

Proud Dad of a Fighting Sioux Hockey Player.

Speez, I appreciate you chiming in here from time to time; it's nice to get an opinion from someone who really has a reason to care, rather than the rest of us, who are just big fans.

It must have been a tough year for the guys.  Hopefully some of the payback they get to deliver next year will make up for all the bad breaks and tough losses.

Great game.  Great effort by the Sioux tonight.  The way the team played tonight takes a lot of the bitterness away from Friday night.  I thought everyone stepped it up a notch and put forth a good effort.  Any hockey fan had to feel for Andy tonight after the way he played.

I can't add much to what's been said already, but off the subject a bit, I will say this.  I watched the game tonight at a bar in St. Louis Park (western suburb of Minneapolis) and I swear we were the only table watching the game in the whole bar.  When the Gophs scored the overtime goal, there was absolutely no reaction by ANYONE in the bar even though the game was on every TV.  The Twin Cities touts themselves as a college hockey town, but I've yet to see it.  I've only lived down here for 8 months and I'm just not used to such apathy towards college hockey.  I just can't imagine the same thing happening in a bar in Grand Forks.  I guess I don't really have a point except it just makes me more proud to be a Sioux fan.

I didn't see Hauser's gesture, but if that's true, it surely was classless.  After a game like that, you would think anyone with class would have respected the other team.  It was a heckuva game.  

I can't believe the season's over, even though it's been a long year.  I wish next season started next week!

dagies,

The incident didn't happen because 'they' say it didn't happen. I heard about it from my 'eyes' for the game last night, Tim O'Keefe. I have to rely on what he said, because I was forced to stay home this weekend. But Tim is just a biased radio guy, unlike Glen Sonmor, so I'm sure that he made it up. I guess the only people that truly are able to comment are the people that were there. That's according to 'them', anyway.

Taking comments from this board and posting them, or links to them, on another board is pretty typical of 'those' people. Of course everything gets taken out of context and it is 'appalling' how Sioux fans could react to a season ending loss. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

And Handyman doesn't want to stir the pot...

I'd agree, Clayton. Handyman has been more than fair, usually, but now he's on USCHO offering links to here so Gopher fans can get on board and taunt some more. Hauser's action was classless. The gophs were the better team, period. I'm impressed, Handy, that after your "apology", or whatever it was, you're trying to drum up support on uscho for getting other's in here to taunt the Sioux. Very impressive. Makes your posts ring a bit hollow (two-faced).

The Sioux couldn't beat the Gophers on the ice, so now Sioux fans have to find other ways to take them down.  Whatever Hauser may have done, nobody knows the reasons but him.  But, come on, saying it's another example of the lack of class in the Gopher hockey program is absurd.  Taunting the other team?  Remember Jason Blake?  But when he did it, he was just a prick. When Hauser does it, it's a lack of class in the Gopher program?  

The Sioux have had great teams the previous five years.  They definitely had Minnesota's number over that span.  During those years, many Sioux fans were quick to point out that a lot of Gopher fans were poor losers(and I think they were correct).  Well, now the shoe is on the other foot.  

I had come to expect more from Sioux fans.  Over the past five years you told the rest of us how to be good and gracious fans.  You conducted yourselves, for the most part, like great College Hockey fans.  Now that your team is in the tank, that seems to have changed.  

Congrats to the Sioux on a fine final performance of the season.  Congrats to Kollar for leaving on a high note-even though the result was not as he would have liked.

Evil Neighbor, I really don't care what Hauser did or why he did it.  So he finally beats the Sioux team in an off year.  Big deal.  

The Sioux have made him look pathetic for three years. If he takes satisfaction in beating a Sioux team that's considerably younger and less talented than the teams that dominated him, that says more about his ability as a goalie than it does about the Sioux.

Personally, I don't think Minnesota will win it all with Hauser as their goalie.  If they do, it will be in spite of him, not because of him.

Sioux played with a lot of guts/grit/class/pride tonight.

Andy Kollar is going to have lots of bruises from getting all that rubber shot onto him. What a game he played tonight.

Adam Hauser shows the class that oozes from that program by skating in front of the Sioux bench after the winning goal and pointing a finger. So much for winning with dignity, though it isn't a big surprise at all. Guys like him, Demarchi, and Taffe makes it awfully hard to like Leopold, Pohl, and Paul Martin. Like I heard on the radio tonight, Hauser isn't going to win them a national title, yet with their talent, he might not lose it for them either.

The Sioux had a lot of chances in the 3rd and the OT, but Hauser just stepped up and shut the door.

Heard an interesting stat just now... Chad Mazurak scores the first goal of the year for the Sioux and now the last goal of the year. The Sioux didn't quit tonight and after getting their butts kicked all over the ice last night showed a lot of courage.

I don't care where we finished in the standings this year. We didn't get a bounce all year long and this team is definitely not that far away. This Minnesota team is probably the most talented team in the country, yet we were within two goals EVERY GAME but one. The Sioux showed many times throughout the year a glimpse of the future with some quality wins against quality teams.

Holy s&!t what a long year it's been!

We can finally say it now, just wait 'til next year!

But watching the Goph players taunt the Sioux to the end, including Hauser after last night's game, it brought back memories of why the Goph's were so hated in the past. They didn't win with class in the past, and they're right back there again now.

UND didn't win with class, why would you ever think that?  UND has show itself to be the most classless team in the WCHA the last few years, with the most classless fans,and now that they are losing, you are on the receiving end of a lot of pent up revenge.  The exact things you are complaining about the gophers were your own actions when you won, but now the shoe is on the other foot.  To taunt someone, you have to beat them, so now you don't like taunting because your team is losing.  get a life.

I'd agree, Clayton. Handyman has been more than fair, usually, but now he's on USCHO offering links to here so Gopher fans can get on board and taunt some more. Hauser's action was classless. The gophs were the better team, period. I'm impressed, Handy, that after your "apology", or whatever it was, you're trying to drum up support on uscho for getting other's in here to taunt the Sioux. Very impressive. Makes your posts ring a bit hollow (two-faced).

YEAH,

Now we have a Rodent Problem.  ???  ;)  ;)

Damb Handy_man is a Virus... Now we got clowns like Happy in here telling us the deal. Great... Thanks Handy for bringing tha that Jack @$$ over here.

Yeah, this board just officially went to s&!t with the addition of "happy".  Does this one have an Ignore feature, I enjoy using it at USCHO.

Thanks Handy.   ???

Once Happy gets here all reasonable logic goes out the window, he some how thinks our 2000 title was some how tainted because he had an easier schedule. Yesh...