SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs GOPHERS - ROUND 2

AZSIOUX

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good effort by MN tonight, and a good job by UND to match them. Sioux got a couple huge breaks when Fairchild missed and Hoeffel (?) missed right near the end of regulation.

When Pointer blocked a shot in the third off his ankle, did it clank?

The way the last 2 minutes of the 3rd played out, I'm happy with the point. Thought the Sioux had the better OT period. Vande line did wake up a little, but overall, I'm pretty disappointed in that line this weekend. This is Minnesota boys! You show up!

I thought all the lines did well yesterday. I admit they could have been more aggressive tonight.

The way the last 2 minutes of the 3rd played out, I'm happy with the point. Thought the Sioux had the better OT period. Vande line did wake up a little, but overall, I'm pretty disappointed in that line this weekend. This is Minnesota boys! You show up!

If only Kristo sunk in a goal on that breakaway. :silly:

well a sweep would have been better, but 3 out of 4 is acceptable, i didnt watch the game so i can not comment on the play but sounded like the Sioux didnt play like they did last night.

How long can we expect someone to upload video of the goals, hits and scrums?? :silly: That would be great if someone could do that!

Hak said AK is a tough arena to play in!?! I wonder if it's because it's usually 3/4's empty.....

I think i've heard that's what it is. Because there isn't a lot of noise with the crowd, they have to create their own excitement to get psyched up.

Also, some other notable ties:

Miami and New Hampshire tied as did CC and Wisco

I have some friends who went to the series up there last year and no one sits near the ice. If I was going I'd have plenty of seating options...lol

When Siouxmama, I and friends went, there probably as many Sioux fans from out of town as there were Seawolves fans there. My son's GF was going to school at Alaska Pacific U and brought a bunch of her friends who cheered for the Sioux. :silly:

Good test for a fairly young Sioux team. The gophs turned up the intensity and there was some adversity to manage. Did ok, not great. Too many turnovers or poor clearing attempts in their own zone, especially noticed in the first period.

I thought the gophs were lucky the Sioux didn't pot a couple of fairly open chances early but that seemed to even out near the end of the game.

While I wanted a sweep, especially after last night the silver lining for me is that the team had a real dog fight here and the young guys learned that nothing will be easy.

PP has been fairly effective.

I was making meatballs while watching the game so didn't watch terribly closely, but it seemed like I rarely saw the 4th line. Did I just overlook them?

Good test for a fairly young Sioux team. The gophs turned up the intensity and there was some adversity to manage. Did ok, not great. Too many turnovers or poor clearing attempts in their own zone, especially noticed in the first period.

I thought the gophs were lucky the Sioux didn't pot a couple of fairly open chances early but that seemed to even out near the end of the game.

While I wanted a sweep, especially after last night the silver lining for me is that the team had a real dog fight here and the young guys learned that nothing will be easy.

PP has been fairly effective.

I was making meatballs while watching the game so didn't watch terribly closely, but it seemed like I rarely saw the 4th line. Did I just overlook them?

Did the meatballs turn out ok? I made pizza last night......., I'm saving it to use as charcoal next time I grill. :silly: