SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs Gophers

AZSIOUX

Two reasons. #1 they are obsessed with the Gophers. And #2 Holy Cross T-shirts are probably the nicest piece of clothing in a Sioux fans closet, not counting their Arctic Cat jackets of course.

I'm obsessed with the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is the goal of this conversation to argue a team to victory? they're still going to play no matter which of you comes up with the best stats, right? i hope so. i mean, yeah, the sioux are clearly the better team in the history of this rivalry, but the excitement of the game actually playing out is much more fun than calling the winner based on history. i sure hope the league decides to determine a winner by head-to-head competition this weekend. that's the best part.

They don't play until Friday, so until then...

Since the holy cross game is so "old", why not relive some more recent events, which are SIOUX v. GOPHERS:

Bina

Porter- Season Over

Six

Six, part II

Students

Students, part II

And before any of you gopher fans copy me, thinking you are soooo clever by posting Blake Wheeler's circus act goal, here you go:

Wheeler's Lucky One

And your team was NOT involved. Thanks for proving my point even more.

I think you misunderstood. I'm obsessed with the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history...the game, the fact that it happened. Not the team.

Would you trade all of the "#1 NCAA Tourney" stats you list in your signature for two more NCAA titles?

I think you misunderstood. I'm obsessed with the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history...the game, the fact that it happened. Not the team.

Would you trade all of the "#1 NCAA Tourney" stats you list in your signature for two more NCAA titles?

Clearly they value every other stat but number of national championships. Even back-to-back national championships are more important than the total number. Wait for them to argue that...

Clearly they value every other stat but number of national championships. Even back-to-back national championships are more important than the total number. Wait for them to argue that...

Because that would put them in a the category of a "dynasty"! :lol::(

Depends. Would I have to live in Grand Forks?

Again, the same tired ignorant comments.

I don't know many people "forced" to live in Grand Forks...maybe some Air Force Base personnel and their families.

Quite often, people are "forced" to live in areas like the Twin Cities for job purposes.

I think even many gopher fans agree that Minnesota will try to bring a physical presence this year and will try to carry it throughout the weekend. I believe that will include chippiness. When UND responds to that, I believe Woog and Mazzocco's reply will be "Here we go again". I also believe they will be appalled when someone tries to get at Tony Lucia, because goodness knows he isn't an instigator like Hextall.

Depends. Would I have to live in Grand Forks?

yeah since every sioux fan just lives a horse sh$% depressing a$$ life in grand forks right?? isnt that what every gopher fan says or thinks? what a joke some fans are. i know every team has crap azz fans but its so funny that because of a town or city someone roots for or lives then it makes them different human beings :(

go sioux, guck the fophers all over the ice every psoition possible. cant wait for the first 10 minutes of fridays game when the gophers try to be tough then the realize they cant play that way for a full 60.

god i love this rivalry :lol: best in college hockey and i think each side would agree. end of the day its a sport but a sport that each team having the most passionate fans attached whihc makes it what it is, the best college hockey rivalry in the nation

I think even many gopher fans agree that Minnesota will try to bring a physical presence this year and will try to carry it throughout the weekend. I believe that will include chippiness. When UND responds to that, I believe Woog and Mazzocco's reply will be "Here we go again". I also believe they will be appalled when someone tries to get at Tony Lucia, because goodness knows he isn't an instigator like Hextall.

How dare you start a conversation up about the actualy game :(