SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Twins

LB#11

I can't tell you how pissed off I am right now. First of all, the Twins stranded something in the neighborhood of 17 runners on base, so they had their chances and pissed it away tonight.

Second of all, WHAT THE F*CK do they have that umpire down the line for, if he can't get a call right? That's his ONLY JOB!!! And it's not like it was a close call, there was dirt between the ball and the line. No way should he be allowed to ump any other game this playoff. I really hope Gardy raises holy hell about this, although he probably won't.

Man, the Yankees are just so easy to hate. I wouldn't piss on a Yankee player if he was on fire.

I can't tell you how pissed off I am right now. First of all, the Twins stranded something in the neighborhood of 17 runners on base, so they had their chances and pissed it away tonight.

Second of all, WHAT THE F*CK do they have that umpire down the line for, if he can't get a call right? That's his ONLY JOB!!! And it's not like it was a close call, there was dirt between the ball and the line. No way should he be allowed to ump any other game this playoff. I really hope Gardy raises holy hell about this, although he probably won't.

Man, the Yankees are just so easy to hate. I wouldn't piss on a Yankee player if he was on fire.

The ball was fair by oh, say four feet or so. I agree, I wouldn't piss on Derek Jeter's gums if his teeth were on fire.

I agree.... the Yankees are one of the few teams I dislike more than the Twins.... but the Twins have 2 players, one injured. The Yankees have a lineup full of them.

The Twins are competitive. The Yankees are winners. The Twins will (and have) made a game of it every single time, but ultimately, the best team win. The Yankees are worlds better than the Twins, even though Mauer is 1. the AL MVP and 2. 1 trillion times more likeable than anyone the Yankees have on payroll (ok, I like Joe Girardi but still...).

By the way, it warms my heart to see that Kubel has an eating buddy in Mujales or whatever his name is. He makes LeCroy, Silva, Reyes, and Ponson proud too.

I think the fact that the Twins still won their Divison one can look at this season as being a sucess. The Twins need a better third baseman and need pitching.

Especially starting pitching, which ironically wasn't the problem in two of the games against the Yankees.

Sum up the problems this year and you come up with something like "can't beat the Yankees."

Well they are a pretty good team.

Especially starting pitching, which ironically wasn't the problem in two of the games against the Yankees.

Sum up the problems this year and you come up with something like "can't beat the Yankees."

Well they are a pretty good team.

Random thoughts after getting ousted from the playoffs...

It's tough to say that it wasn't a good season when they ended up winning the AL Central...say what you will about the strength of the division...they still won it. What really gets me is that they went 0-for against the Yankees all year, but every game seemed to be close and the Twins were pretty much in them all. Dumb baserunning mistakes killed them this postseason.

I hope that next year the Twins bring back Orlando and Pavano.

I'm praying for an Angels sweep, and hoping that each game the Angels run up the score, although I know better!

Random thoughts after getting ousted from the playoffs...

It's tough to say that it wasn't a good season when they ended up winning the AL Central...say what you will about the strength of the division...they still won it. What really gets me is that they went 0-for against the Yankees all year, but every game seemed to be close and the Twins were pretty much in them all. Dumb baserunning mistakes killed them this postseason.

I hope that next year the Twins bring back Orlando and Pavano.

I'm praying for an Angels sweep, and hoping that each game the Angels run up the score, although I know better!

The Twins play the last two in a half weeks actually gave me a reason to watch baseball.

• 4 weeks later...
Cabrera wants to stay, and they're working on it. They'd move Hardy to third, with Crede being odd man out one way or the other.

I like the sound of that. Both Cabrera and Hardy would fit nicely. I didn't think Crede would be back regardless. I hope Hardy can play 3rd and Cabrera sticks around.