SiouxSports.com Forum

Expected crowd for the home opener?

JESUS,family,rutgers

My son went to go get a student ticket and they sold out student tickets this afternooon and section 212 which is right by the students which is 5 dollars a poiece per student if they wish to go, is almost sold out, 20 seats left in teh 5 dollar seats. Guess the lady told him they would open another section in the upper deck to 5 dollar ones too in the upper corner.

I wonder if starting the season with three on the road, plus getting whacked last week, has created an 'outta sight outta mind' situation that has slowed ticket sales. I don't think there should be that many tickets available this close to kickoff.

I have no idea how many walk-up tickets are generally sold, but I have to think it's pretty substantial. If the student tickets are all spoken for, I think that's a good sign, and selling close to 2000 today and tomorrow (mostly tomorrow) is probably pretty realistic. I think 12,000 is about right.

I'm curious about yout stadium set-up. How many does it seat? How much do general admissions tickets cost for your games? Is this the stadium I've read about that is basically indoors? That climate up there must be hell on late season games.

Tickets for the UND game in Lubbock were $55 I think. I paid the same for the Rice and Kansas games, but Oklahoma and Texas A&M are $95. Ouch!!

I'm curious about yout stadium set-up. How many does it seat? How much do general admissions tickets cost for your games? Is this the stadium I've read about that is basically indoors? That climate up there must be hell on late season games.

Tickets for the UND game in Lubbock were $55 I think. I paid the same for the Rice and Kansas games, but Oklahoma and Texas A&M are $95. Ouch!!

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.d...p;ATCLID=736149

Here is a quick summary and a few pictures.

Students get free tickets. Im not positive on general Admission.

It seats 12,287 not including the suites. GA tickets are $18. It is an indoor stadium, with a somewhat low ceiling (relative to other similar sized indoor stadiums) that causes the stadium to get extremely loud when it is filled up.

I wonder if starting the season with three on the road, plus getting whacked last week, has created an 'outta sight outta mind' situation that has slowed ticket sales. I don't think there should be that many tickets available this close to kickoff.

I know you try to put a wet blanket on anything regarding UND, but these ticket numbers look pretty decent and we haven't even kicked off yet.

I've come across numerous people who are a lot more excited about this season, because of the buildup and all the away games.

It seats 12,287 not including the suites. GA tickets are $18. It is an indoor stadium, with a somewhat low ceiling (relative to other similar sized indoor stadiums) that causes the stadium to get extremely loud when it is filled up.

Does anyone know if announced attendance includes the suites?

So if attendance is reported as 12,287 its a sellout?

Any idea what the suites might hold?

According to UND, 12,287 is a sellout.

There are 18 suites--some have 12 seats, and some have 18 seats, according to the Alerus Center web site. If it's like the Ralph, there's room for a lot more people in the suites than just the 12 or 18, but the the web site doesn't give a total capacity for the suites to my knowledge. The web site still lists football capacity as 13,500. It doesn't seem like the discrepancy (1213) can be entirely attributed to the suites. It's possible that the standing-room areas behind both end zones may be included in the 13,500 number, although I have no idea if standing-room tickets are actually sold.

According to UND, 12,287 is a sellout.

There are 18 suites--some have 12 seats, and some have 18 seats, according to the Alerus Center web site. If it's like the Ralph, there's room for a lot more people in the suites than just the 12 or 18, but the the web site doesn't give a total capacity for the suites to my knowledge. The web site still lists football capacity as 13,500. It doesn't seem like the disparity (1213) can be entirely attributed to the suites. It's possible that the standing-room areas behind both end zones may be included in the 13,500 number, although I have no idea if standing-room tickets are actually sold.

The e-mail from the Alerus Center that was posted on here a while back (thought it might have been you that posted it UND92,96), regarding seating capacity, I remember them saying in the e-mail that UND does the official attendance count at the Alerus but that UND only controls the bowl seating, it has no control of the suites or the standing room only. So, not sure if they are included in the 12,287 sellout or not.

The e-mail from the Alerus Center that was posted on here a while back (thought it might have been you that posted it UND92,96), regarding seating capacity, I remember them saying in the e-mail that UND does the official attendance count at the Alerus but that UND only controls the bowl seating, it has no control of the suites or the standing room only. So, not sure if they are included in the 12,287 sellout or not.

Yes, that was me, although I can't really remember what the e-mail said.

Yes, that was me, although I can't really remember what the e-mail said.

Here it is:

The total capacity of the Alerus Center for UND Football, including

suites, standing room only, main bowl and ADA available risers, is

13,500. The UND football media guide lists the actual capacity in the

bowl, which is 12,283 thereabouts. UND does not have control over our

suites or whether or not we're able to add the ADA risers and go to

SRO,

so that is why they list the lower number.

UND reports the attendance number based on total tickets issued and

that

is the number that we use when reporting attendance at UND football

games. Please contact UND media relations if you have additional

questions regarding the game attendance.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion. Thank you,

Julie Ward

Director of Sales & Marketing