SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Player Playing For Princeton

JESUS,family,rutgers

maybe in the next three years hak can schedule a home and home with princeton.

It would be a good idea but the Ivy League schools play a bare minimum of games and it's hard to get games against them.

By keeping their number of games low they over inflate their RPI and PWR numbers by whooping up on crappy teams in their weak league.

My brother played against Meland in high school. He should be a good addition to the Princeton team. I remember playing them in the playoffs a couple years ago, they're not bad. Good luck to Eric!

Isn't that the kid that has the killer slap shot?

It would be a good idea but the Ivy League schools play a bare minimum of games and it's hard to get games against them.

By keeping their number of games low they over inflate their RPI and PWR numbers by whooping up on crappy teams in their weak league.

that hasn't stopped us from scheduling cornell and harvard.

Yeah and I think UND was lucky to get games against both. If I am not mistakenI think we had to travel out there to get games in the REA with these two teams.

Is that a bad thing? I like the fact that Hakstol & Co. are willing to return the favor and play a series at there home rinks after a team comes and visits us. But UND seems to always return the favor to the non-conference opponent that comes and plays against the Sioux @ the REA.

Much better than Golden Halos to the East of us who don't play a nonconference game outside of there arena(not counting the MSU, Michigan games they play away every other year).

Is that a bad thing? I like the fact that Hakstol & Co. are willing to return the favor and play a series at there home rinks after a team comes and visits us. But UND seems to always return the favor to the non-conference opponent that comes and plays against the Sioux @ the REA.

Much better than Golden Halos to the East of us who don't play a nonconference game outside of there arena(not counting the MSU, Michigan games they play away every other year).

now,now either this year or next they will go out and play new hampshire out there. that is unless they can get a good non conference game against brown at the john and buy out unh.

We also played Yale back in the late 90's (maybe early 2000's) when Chris Higgins played for them. I remember Henessey getting into it with a fan after a melee broke out. I remember TH getting into with a fan and saying on the air, "This guy wants to take me outside!" LOL :D

I was at the game when we went to Yale/Princeton...I believe it was 2002. The Yale game was quite memorable and a fun environment to watch hockey in. Princeton and Hobey Baker rink on the other hand...not so much.

And didn't they even refuse to play Bemidji at their rink? I thought that was rude, especially with it being a team from their favorite state.

I could see bringing in Princeton and Yale for a Thanksgiving tourney with Bemidji - sort of like this years with Miami and Ohio State. Then you go out east for single games there. You give alums in the DC, Philly, NYC and even Boston areas a chance to catch a game. Also single games are better for pairwise purposes.