SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITED SIOUX RECRUITS - 2009-10 Updates, Stats and News

AZSIOUX

USA - have you been to New Hope to watch any games?

A couple weeks ago I went - they must have been experimenting with the goals/nets - the colors were reversed.

The goal was painted white and the netting inside the goal was red. Anyone else seen this before?

No I haven't, I'm way to busy to make it down there for any games. I post about the league on a weekly basis to keep fans updated and if it's coming to their local area, they know about it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Parks, who is playing for Cedar Rapids (USHL), has a video interview on the RoughRider website if you want to check it out.

Click for Michael Parks Interview

Nolan Zajac also plays on the team. He's not a committed recruit, and may not be a recruit at all, but I'll post the link to his as well.

Click for Nolan Zajac Interview

Cedar Rapids will be playing in Green Bay Tuesday, which is an hour from me, so I might go check these guys out. Sam Alfieri (Shattuck product, who I don't think has committed anywhere...but who I thought was highly sought after), and Anders Lee (of Edina, Notre Dame commit) play for Green Bay, among some other less noticeable D1 college commits.

Parks has played well through 5 pre-season games, tallying 4 goals (leads team) and 3 assists (tied for team lead) for 7 total points (leads team).

welcome brock nelson

NICK MATTSON - D - Indiana- USHL

DANNY MATTSON - F - Omaha - USHL

MIKE FINK - F - Des Moines - USHL

DEREK FORBORT - D - NTDP USA U18

MICHAEL PARKS - F - Cedar Rapids - USHL

BRENDAN O'DONNELL - F - Winnipeg South Blues - MJHL

DEREK RODWELL - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL - 2009 Draft Pick of New Jersey, 5th Rd, #144

COLTEN ST. CLAIR - F - Fargo Force - USHL

ZANE GOTHBERG - G - Thief River Falls - MN-HS

BROCK NELSON - F - Warroad - MN-HS

Forbort, N Mattson, Parks and Gothberg listed in CSS 2010 Watch List

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=37762

Did anybody else notice that there are equal numbers of MN High School "A" ranked players to WHL "A" ranked players? Also, the WHL has only one more "B" ranked player. LOL @ "The Fastest Route to the NHL".

I was also surprised that Brock Nelson was not on the list. I'm sure that may change during the hs season, but he is putting up some good numbers playing against some of the A/B players listed in the Elite League.

I was also surprised that Brock Nelson was not on the list. I'm sure that may change during the hs season, but he is putting up some good numbers playing against some of the A/B players listed in the Elite League.

I know one of the kids on that elite team that Brock plays on and he said Brock Nelson is one of the better players he has seen play. Amazing was one of the terms used to describe him.

I know one of the kids on that elite team that Brock plays on and he said Brock Nelson is one of the better players he has seen play. Amazing was one of the terms used to describe him.

sounds like the kid has nice skill to go with his size! should be another solid warroad pick up!

Brendan O'Donnell named to the Canada West team for the World Junior 'A' Challenge tournament.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php?ci_id...amp;ss_id=25071

The tournament is Nov 1-8 in Prince Edward Island.

per brad

Four recruits to play in Junior A Challenge

Both the U.S. and Canada have named their rosters for the 2009 World Junior A Challenge, which will take place from Nov. 1-8 in Prince Edward Island.

Forwards Mike Parks (Cedar Rapids Roughriders) and Colten St. Clair (Fargo Force) and defenseman Nick Mattson (Indiana Ice) will represent the American squad, while forward Brendan O'Donnell (Winnipeg South Blues) will represent Canada West.

St. Clair is the youngest player on the American roster, while Parks is just four months away from being the second-youngest. Mattson won a gold medal with the U.S. in the World Under-18 tournament in April.

O'Donnell is the third-youngest player on the Canada West squad.

Last year, the Americans (led by MVP Mike Cichy and Danny Kristo) beat Canada West (led by Andrew MacWilliam) for the gold.

Could be quite a logjam at D next year - I believe Mattson and Forbort will come next year. Genoway is our only senior D.

Who sits next year?

it is going to be a issue and im not sure why they brought in more than 1 even this year. i know sometimes things happen and people leave but this one you could see coming after both forbort and mattson commited with no top nhl d prospects that could leave early. even if one left for some reason its still a issue. i understand you want 1 guy who can step in as a 7th d man but when the 2 freshman that are coming in that have a chance to be a 3 year player then that creates the log jam

10/11 of everyone returns and comes in

mattson

forbort

marto

lapoint

blood

fienhage

gleason

macwilliam

hill

it is going to be a issue and im not sure why they brought in more than 1 even this year. i know sometimes things happen and people leave but this one you could see coming after both forbort and mattson commited with no top nhl d prospects that could leave early. even if one left for some reason its still a issue. i understand you want 1 guy who can step in as a 7th d man but when the 2 freshman that are coming in that have a chance to be a 3 year player then that creates the log jam

10/11 of everyone returns and comes in

mattson

forbort

marto

lapoint

blood

fienhage

gleason

macwilliam

hill

Gleason is skilled and fast enough to play forward :D problem solved

Gleason is skilled and fast enough to play forward :D problem solved

;) nice, but still need one more out and i would say fienhage but who knows on him and how it will play out sitting out the first 4 games of the season

;) nice, but still need one more out and i would say fienhage but who knows on him and how it will play out sitting out the first 4 games of the season

Why would we need one more out? We had 8 D last year after Miller moved to Defense? I don't think Gleason will move to forward, but hypothetically if that happened, we would have 8 d which is what we have this year. This year we brought in one less forward instead. I think they brought in an extra D because this summer we didnt know if LaPoint was going to be ready to go and MacWilliam had shoulder surgery, so we didn't know if he'd be ready either and we needed insurance. It does present problems for next year all around. We have forwards that want to come in and not enough spots, so a few are going to be held back and not enough D spots available on the roster. I'm glad I'm not the one making these decisions. :D

I don't disagree with anything said about the potential logjam, but I will say that every year it appears there is a bulge in the pipeline and every year it gets resolved. I have a feeling it will again, and it's just a matter of sitting back and seeing what the roster looks like for the Manitoba series.

New NHL CSS Watch List

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=502848

"Minn. players top Junior A, B, high school list"

Forwards Joe Basaraba (Shattuck St. Mary's), Nick Bjugstad (Blaine), Jason Clark (Shattuck St. Mary's), Max Gardiner (Minnetonka) and Brock Nelson (Warroad), along with defenseman Mark Alt (Cretin-Derham) and goalie Zane Gothberg (Thief River Falls) represent Minnesota's "A" players

Hak and staff must have seen the same thing the NHL scouts were seeing re: Nelson.