SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome, Tate Maris

Big A HG

On Brad's Blog:

"Former NPHL goalie Tate Maris has been added to UND's roster as the third goalie.

Maris did not play hockey last season, but posted a 2.53 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage for Bozeman in 2007-08. He went 18-5 that season.

Maris also was a three-time all-state selection in Colorado.

He is unlikely to see much, if any, time this season behind Aaron Dell and Brad Eidsness."

www.areavoices.com/undhockey

WELCOME!

the 3rd guy always has to know his role which they mostly always do, be a good teammate and take some pressure off other 2 goalies in practice and just love to be a part of a great tradition! congrats!

You never know. I like to see the under dog do well.

You never know. I like to see the under dog do well.

i think we all do but lets be realistic about the situation. good chance he will never play in a game for the sioux like thousands of other 3rd string goalies that have came through every ncaa hockey program through the years. its basically the last spot on a roster but a important one in regards to character/grades/and making the others better by competing hard daily

actualy have had email contact with tate's dad over the year not knowing his kid would ever end up at UND and i recieved one yesterday and i want to share a paragraph he wrote and it is pretty sweet to read and wanted to share it with all you other fans as well

I can recall taking him to a DU-UND game several years ago and, from that point, he's always had a great affection for the Fighting Sioux!

After all those early morning practices, years of games, some disappointments along the way.....I'm just so unbelievably thrilled for him that this dream has come true. As you mentioned in your blog, 3rd string goalies rarely see the ice. And he has no unrealistic expectations. But, being a smaller goalie, he plays a bit different game...and I know he'll give this experience his all, at every level....even pushing Brad and Aaron -if just a bit. I realize I'm sounding like a dad here..but he's a good kid, good grades, and will be all that the coaches ask him to be. To be a part of the University of North Dakota hockey team....what a blessing!!

Great things to hear from an incoming recruit..."Good Kid", "Good Grades"...\

I like it!!!

actualy have had email contact with tate's dad over the year not knowing his kid would ever end up at UND and i recieved one yesterday and i want to share a paragraph he wrote and it is pretty sweet to read and wanted to share it with all you other fans as well

I can recall taking him to a DU-UND game several years ago and, from that point, he's always had a great affection for the Fighting Sioux!

After all those early morning practices, years of games, some disappointments along the way.....I'm just so unbelievably thrilled for him that this dream has come true. As you mentioned in your blog, 3rd string goalies rarely see the ice. And he has no unrealistic expectations. But, being a smaller goalie, he plays a bit different game...and I know he'll give this experience his all, at every level....even pushing Brad and Aaron -if just a bit. I realize I'm sounding like a dad here..but he's a good kid, good grades, and will be all that the coaches ask him to be. To be a part of the University of North Dakota hockey team....what a blessing!!

Sounds like the kind of kid (and Dad) we like to have connected to the UND school and hockey program!

Whether he gets playing time or not, Congrats on getting onto the team and Good Luck Tate....you will be a nice addition to the team and wear the colors proudly....you deserve according to Hak and that is good enough for me.

Welcome Tate! Go KILL some gophers!!

Kind of like the back up quarterback or the third stringer on an NFL team.

Like TJack?

Uh... the last 3rd string goaltender that played for the Sioux to do well in his career?

Aaron Walski, never a #1, but he certainly was more than a 3rd stringer by his senior year.

However, if you want to go from true #3 to clear #1, you have to go out east.

BU's John Curry was a recruited walk-on IIRC that was supposed to be the 3rd stringer. Ended up beating out both goaltenders ahead of him (both of whom were scholarshipped athletes).