SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Videos, and Brett Fa

GF_siouxfan

Hey 82 get this:

If the Cowboys face the Vikings.....

GO VIKINGS!!!!!

How's them apples?

There's really only one more overrated team in the NFC than Dallas and that's the Giants. But hey, I can't double up. So, I'll call Dallas overrated and call the Giants "The fluke"

I still don't think the Vikings will win it all. But Chilly will get his first playoff win this year. At least he better. I can't stand the putrid Silver and Blue from Dallas.

And I want the Pack to win. Cards are a neat team, but not good enough, imo. Just like Dallas... no... Dallas isn't a neat team.

Hey 82 get this:

If the Cowboys face the Vikings.....

GO VIKINGS!!!!!

How's them apples?

There's really only one more overrated team in the NFC than Dallas and that's the Giants. But hey, I can't double up. So, I'll call Dallas overrated and call the Giants "The fluke"

I still don't think the Vikings will win it all. But Chilly will get his first playoff win this year. At least he better. I can't stand the putrid Silver and Blue from Dallas.

And I want the Pack to win. Cards are a neat team, but not good enough, imo. Just like Dallas... no... Dallas isn't a neat team.

Color me shocked. Good for you. It's good to know that you hate other teams, not just the ones from Minnesota. :lol:

I'd rather root for "Neverwas" (See Cubs, Chicago and yeah, 1908 is dead and buried) than pretenders (NY Giants) and wannabes (Cowboys). Yeah, I realize that it's hard to be a wannabe when the Cowboys can point to the Aikman and Charles Haley years. Heck, they can point out that the Vikings helped the Cowboys immeasurably by trading to the Cowboys the draft pick that got them Emmitt Smith and the role the Vikings played in the drafting of Troy Aikman... but still...

Seeing Romo on the turf crying was entertainment. Seeing ESPN run ragged over stuff normally coverd by TMZ or E! is also hilarious.

VIVA LA VIKES, Baby. Make Tony Romo cry! OH! And then get TO's opinion about how the Cowboys suck despite voluntarily going to a team that sucks worse! AWESOME!

I'd rather root for "Neverwas" (See Cubs, Chicago and yeah, 1908 is dead and buried) than pretenders (NY Giants) and wannabes (Cowboys). Yeah, I realize that it's hard to be a wannabe when the Cowboys can point to the Aikman and Charles Haley years. Heck, they can point out that the Vikings helped the Cowboys immeasurably by trading to the Cowboys the draft pick that got them Emmitt Smith and the role the Vikings played in the drafting of Troy Aikman... but still...

Seeing Romo on the turf crying was entertainment. Seeing ESPN run ragged over stuff normally coverd by TMZ or E! is also hilarious.

VIVA LA VIKES, Baby. Make Tony Romo cry! OH! And then get TO's opinion about how the Cowboys suck despite voluntarily going to a team that sucks worse! AWESOME!

I've hated the Cowboys since 1975. Hopefully the Vikings can put them back on a plane to Dallas-Fort Worth with a season ending loss.

cards packs

what a choke lol

I'm not going to make many excuses for an inept defense, but here's a list of things to consider:

1) Packers are a very young team, with a 2nd year starter at QB, a completely new defensive scheme, in a tough division. It took them 8 weeks to gel and get used to the new system, and after that, proved to be a very good team, losing only two games of their last 9...1 on a last second miracle to the defending Super Bowl champs on their home turf, the 2nd to the defending NFC Champions on their home turf

2) This game would almost certainly would have been different at Lambeau then in Arizona. Again, it was the defending NFC Champs (who are arguably better than last year) on their home field

3) Take all that in. Then, consider the circumstance again. Green Bay wasn't supposed to win any playoff games this year. They are a team of the future, not the team of today. Yet, they managed to come all the way back, only to lose the game on a somewhat fluke play.

4) If you want to talk about chokes, let's talk about the Vikings. They have 0 Super Bowl wins in 4 trys. Possibly their best team ever, lost to the Falcons (haha) on their home field in the NFC Championship game. This year has yet to play out, so don't count your chickens before they hatch. Heck, they have less championship victories than even the Lions.

5) The Packers never led in the entire game, they did anything but choke, especially considering the fact they weren't heavy favorites (the last I saw the line at showed GB was favored by 1 pt, which is basically a push and definitely doesn't equate to choking if they lose).

The Vikes better win this year, or at the least, next year, because it might be awhile for them to get enough pieces in place once many key components to both the O-Line and D-Line retire, as well as old man winter Brett Favre. Green Bay is going to be a very good team for years...the Vikes have a very small window, so we'll see who chokes.

And don't forget they almost won on the first play of overtime, Rodgers barely overthrew a wide open Jennings who would have probably scored the game winner.

Overall a great game, Pack showed some heart coming from 17 down with no defense to help them out. I was hoping for a NO-GB semifinal, I figured that game would be a 51-45 game not this one.

That being said, I think my Vikes might be in trouble against the Cowboys, they're playing great on both sides of the ball. High-stress Sunday coming up.

And don't forget they almost won on the first play of overtime, Rodgers barely overthrew a wide open Jennings who would have probably scored the game winner.

Overall a great game, Pack showed some heart coming from 17 down with no defense to help them out. I was hoping for a NO-GB semifinal, I figured that game would be a 51-45 game not this one.

That being said, I think my Vikes might be in trouble against the Cowboys, they're playing great on both sides of the ball. High-stress Sunday coming up.

As a Packer fan, I totally agree. Rodgers just flat out missed that throw.

All things being equal, it should have never gone to OT. How many times is Yackers :lol: going to miss from 34 yards out!

You just can't spot the home team 17 points, especially in a playoff game! :(

I told a buddy the only way GB loses that game is if the D totally collapses and that's what happened. I could have caught passes in the middle 1/3 of the field yesterday. Pathetic!!

Does anybody in their right mind think that Brett Favre would have overthrown Greg Jennings? I still say Ted Thompson needs to lose his job over running the greatest Packer of all-time out of Titletown. Rodgers is very good, but Favre is (still) better.

Problem is Brett would have thrown 3 picks prior to that play!

Teddy T is an ass, but I'm glad we got A-Rodg.

As for Favre...will see how he does Sunday. My guess is that he will not play as well as Rodgers did yesterday.

miscommunication between Jennings and Rodgers. Q threw one way WR went a different way

:(

Jennings had 1 on 1 coverage and had the DB beat by 2 steps running wide open down the middle of the field. Was just a poor throw is the correct answer.

where was the flag on that last play for a facemask penalty on the cardinals as one of their players had a firm grasp of rodgers facemask?

I can see that one getting missed but on 2nd down when GB got called for holding there was a clear leading with the head hit on Rodgers by an AZ D-lineman. That was the one that shouldn't have been missed.

But it is what it is. Warner throws more TDs than incompletes...enough said!

Does anybody in their right mind think that Brett Favre would have overthrown Greg Jennings? I still say Ted Thompson needs to lose his job over running the greatest Packer of all-time out of Titletown. Rodgers is very good, but Favre is (still) better.

Wow. I'm glad you're not my boss. The guy lights it up yesterday and is the QB behind a comeback almost worthy of Buffalo Bills/Houston Oilers legendary status...and you instead want to light him up over one missed completion. WOW.

Wow. I'm glad you're not my boss. The guy lights it up yesterday and is the QB behind a comeback almost worthy of Buffalo Bills/Houston Oilers legendary status...and you instead want to light him up over one missed completion. WOW.

I wouldn't go as far as DaveK, but seriously, Rodgers isn't exactly scot-free in all of this.

Face it: Rodgers doesn't overthrow Jennings and Jennings is gone. TOUCHDOWN GAME OVER. However, he overthrows him.

Then he doesn't recognize that the play is dead and broken. Instead of simply scrambling (which he couldn't do as he was too deep in the collapsed pocket) or tucking the ball and taking the sack (which was the smart thing to do despite it bringing up 4th down), he tried to make something out of nothing but couldn't make a snap decision and got caught in limbo. Adams (who is as much a sucky CB as one can manage) gets lucky and causes a fumble which happens to take a few lucky bounces to Danby without hitting the turf and he runs in. Rodgers doesn't hand the ball off to the Cardinals and there is luck involved but still...

NEVERTHELESS: I think the main problem was their pass defense.... because, like in the Pittsburgh game, THEY DID NOT SHOW UP AT ALL. They couldnt stop anything or anyone at all. That "psycho" defense is good at drawing teams to false start but... if they get the play off cleanly, it seemed like they were toast.

SO... Rodgers is half off the hook for, after the punt, Arizona simply would have marched down the field anyways and won it.

It didn't matter. The Cards would have won anyways.

GO VIKINGS! BEAT THE PANSIES IN SILVER AND BLUE!

Then he doesn't recognize that the play is dead and broken. Instead of simply scrambling (which he couldn't do as he was too deep in the collapsed pocket) or tucking the ball and taking the sack (which was the smart thing to do despite it bringing up 4th down), he tried to make something out of nothing but couldn't make a snap decision and got caught in limbo. Adams (who is as much a sucky CB as one can manage) gets lucky and causes a fumble which happens to take a few lucky bounces to Danby without hitting the turf and he runs in. Rodgers doesn't hand the ball off to the Cardinals and there is luck involved but still...

Something Brett Favre has made a career out of doing...and how many times has the result been an ill-advised throw/interception? Plenty. To blame the loss on ONE PLAY is simply silly. If Brett Favre throws six interceptions this coming weekend, will DaveK still whine that he wishes #4 was still in Green Bay?

Something Brett Favre has made a career out of doing...and how many times has the result been an ill-advised throw/interception? Plenty. To blame the loss on ONE PLAY is simply silly. If Brett Favre throws six interceptions this coming weekend, will DaveK still whine that he wishes #4 was still in Green Bay?

Well that would certainly fit the Favre profile for a playoff game versus Dallas. I'm figuring at least 3 picks to go with a couple of fumbles caused by Ware. 'Boys by at least 17 and then a return home to meet the Cards at Jerryland for NFC title.

Favre wouldn't have had a chance to overthrow Jennings, because he already would've thrown a pick. Just like he did in his final game (and final pass) with the Packers. In overtime. At home. In the NFC Championship game.

Well that would certainly fit the Favre profile for a playoff game versus Dallas. I'm figuring at least 3 picks to go with a couple of fumbles caused by Ware. 'Boys by at least 17 and then a return home to meet the Cards at Jerryland for NFC title.

17 is a stretch, but I like the 'Boys as well in this one. Whichever QB throws the least amount of INTs will win this game...Romo right now is playing better FB. AZ/NO...can't like a team losing it's last 3 even if they are at home.

Just so everyone's aware, since I took so much heat in the drama-filled thread about Favre's initial retirement from the Packers...I am not a Viking fan nor am I a Favre hater. I'm simply pointing out that people like DaveK continue to hero-worship guys like Brett Favre no matter what they do or don't do. Remember the ill-advised throw against the Giants a few years ago? DaveK gives Brett a flyer on that pick, which led to the Giants winning the NFC title. Yet here we are two years later and he's ready to lynch Aaron Rodgers over not completing a pass in OT and suggesting that Brett hits that throw 100 times out of 100. If #4 throws 5 TDs and 400 yards this weekend in a huge Vikings win, Packer fans will groan how they wish Brett was still in Green Bay and how he would have single-handedly defeated Arizona last weekend. However, if he throws for 150 yards and 4 INTs in a 34-17 loss to the Cowboys, I bet DaveK and other Packer backers will be surprisingly quiet or simply giddy that the Vikings lost, yet somehow blame the defense, poor coaching, the kicking game, or maybe the game-time temperature inside the Metrodome, rather than fault Brett Favre.