SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 Season

siouxfan68

No offense taken on my part. I think that pathetic is a little strong, but you have a right to an opinion. If by lately you mean last season, I can agree that both football teams did not play up to standard (again, suck may be a little stronger than I would state).

Having 1 large university is an interesting idea. It's probably about 120 years too late to make it happen. But it would have fit well in the Big 10. I will agree with you that the schools should be playing each other in football again soon. UND-NDSU football used to be the biggest event in the state because most of the state was interested. A majority of the people in the state were rooting for 1 school or the other. Even casual sports fans paid attention to that game. I don't see anything that has taken it's place.

Both South Dakota and North Dakota could compete in the Big Ten with on large University.

I've often thought that the North Dakota schools are lucky that the SD schools are not in Sioux Falls or Rapid City.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This prospectus posted on www.fightingsioux.com includes a depth chart. It's apparently not the same one from the spring game, as Bamba is listed as number one at split end, whereas he was not starting, and may have been as low as third, as of the spring game. A couple of other interesting things are that Kenny Watkins, who played a lot as a true freshman, is listed at third at right corner, and former linebacker Noah Dombrovski is now the starting tight end.

Also noticed that it looks like Brett Cameron will be taking over the punting duties from Hellevang.

It looks like Brett is getting a few pointers....

To pay back the valuable lessons he will no doubt learn from Cameron, who retired in 2002 after 23 seasons in Blue and Gold, Renaud is going to help another member of the family, son Brett, prepare for his upcoming season with the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux.

"He's pretty excited about that, and I'm pretty excited about that," Renaud said of their session next week.

Go Bombers!

Go Sioux!

So on his blog, grandforksguy says they are painting the Alerus Center green. Has anyone else heard this? Are they painting the concrete parts of the exterior and leaving the silver corrugated metal?

I saw that to and was a bit puzzled. I'm not sure if it's the outside or if it's the inside (the yellowish part) that he is referring to.

• 2 weeks later...